(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Awesome @grobi0815! Will probably try them out today.

@Ben Watkinson If you've done your MPR and are above 4.0 you will get promoted instantly. (Requires 4 races in your class I think)

Do we know when the official practice sessions are coming?

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Yes, according to the stats I'm eligible for promotion to C now but it seems not until season end which, I believe, is around the end of February. Just pushing for the last bit of safety rating to get me to a D 4.0 which I think will get an early promotion but is the minimum for Daytona anyway.

This is OT but you notice the difference in strength of field between weekday and weekend racing, with a weaker field I was getting between +0.30 to +0.60 per race but as the weekend progressed and SOF went up the SR increase per race dropped to less than 0.10 (for clean(ish) races with similar results).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, according to the stats I'm eligible for promotion to C now but it seems not until season end which, I believe, is around the end of February. Just pushing for the last bit of safety rating to get me to a D 4.0 which I think will get an early promotion but is the minimum for Daytona anyway.

This is OT but you notice the difference in strength of field between weekday and weekend racing, with a weaker field I was getting between +0.30 to +0.60 per race but as the weekend progressed and SOF went up the SR increase per race dropped to less than 0.10 (for clean(ish) races with similar results).

< 3.0 promotion by the end of the season
< 4.0 instant promotion once you have hit your mpr races

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will make a test session tomorrow night for 3 hours. I want to test the tires, if i can double stint them during the night. Start will be around 18 GMT. Race time will be midnight. Everyone is welcome to join. I will be on TS for the password.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will make a test session tomorrow night for 3 hours. I want to test the tires, if i can double stint them during the night. Start will be around 18 GMT. Race time will be midnight. Everyone is welcome to join. I will be on TS for the password.

Lets see if my other half is not killing me for racing 3 nights in a row^^

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I tried out the DP setup tonight. I think its pretty similar to what I was using before, perhaps a little better top speed coming up to turn 1. If you are good at the bus stop you should do well with this I think. Perhaps it is a little more stable, though the end still comes out really easy when you've done a few laps. I got my best lap down to a 1:38.100, though its a freak lap with fresh tires. Sadly I'm still varying wildly but up to a second per lap. "Safe, Incident Free" pace is about 1:39.5 while the tyres are fresh, about 1:40.2-5 as they go off. All of this was in cool conditions (21-24C).

I've not tried the setup in hotter conditions yet.

It might be worth one of the faster drivers spotting me around the track for a few laps, see if there is anywhere obvious I should be shaving time, but sadly I think the odd handling in this thing is a little challenging for my consistency.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What is a decent race pace for the Ferrari?

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Seems like low 42s is a solid race pace. Most of us were in the mid/low 41s on low fuel.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to do some running tonight so wr shall see what i can do

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mission accomplished. (i think)
IMG_20190108_225703.jpg
IMG_20190108_225703.jpg

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good great!
I did a double stint with the tyres tonight. The occasional lap I went to Narnia at T1.. but it was only a handful or laps, then a few lockups here or there but most laps were all within the 1.42.x-1.42.5 region.

I have just added you @Cornworld

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Good great!
I did a double stint with the tyres tonight. The occasional lap I went to Narnia at T1.. but it was only a handful or laps, then a few lockups here or there but most laps were all within the 1.42.x-1.42.5 region.

Did you change anything to the setup? I keep having lockups after a few laps. Tried to adjust brake bias but If possible brake power should be more effective. I did one stint today and am on a high 1.42 to mid 1.43. There's room for improvement though. I expect to come near the steady 1.42 Maybe I can run behind you for a few laps to see where I can do better?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
To our Rookie Team: New setup is ready to download and the new livery will be ready next weekend!
Post automatically merged:

Did you change anything to the setup? I keep having lockups after a few laps. Tried to adjust brake bias but If possible brake power should be more effective. I did one stint today and am on a high 1.42 to mid 1.43. There's room for improvement though. I expect to come near the steady 1.42 Maybe I can run behind you for a few laps to see where I can do better?
No, we changed nothing. It's not that easy to double stint the tires. I would not do it, if I hadn't tested it, because the car behaviour with full tank is a bit different. For me the breaking points changed a bit. But I need to be 100% focused to do it. If you can manage it, you can gain 10-15 secs in a stint.

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Good great!

I think practicing the reflex of driving straight off at T1 if you miss the braking point is really important. If you try to slow and recover around the edge you are so likely to drive through the middle of the corner into centre barrier. Definitely better to go straight and keep the car intact.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ye i opted to go straight rather then turn too sharply as not to spin so it was a safe venture to narnia @UnstopaPaul

Yes we can @Cornworld thats no problem. I used the v2 set that was recently uploaded, much more stable across all braking zones and points and as @grobi0815 said; i wouldn't double stint unless you are completely confident about doing it - the car behaves differently.

I will probably double stint where I can and at some point will make a rough plan about stints and lengths

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you all comparing times on comparable track temps?

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ok guys, last practice session was interesting, but we need to practice in hot conditions. Friday 11th, 18 GMT is the next RSR session. Sadly I have some issues creating a session with the Beta UI. It's possible that I can't set the real date for the session again.
Cya all on Friday.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you all comparing times on comparable track temps?
I was referring to a fairly cold track - around 21-24 degrees. times on a warmer track (31) will be about 1-1.5 slower it seems. Cold has been easier to practice and learn the track, but warm practice is the next step for me

Users who are viewing this thread