Until: Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
nice to see us rookie team are on pace with each other :).
To be honest, yesterday I just drove without any timing shown onscreen. I don't know how I did a 1:43.7

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
To be honest, yesterday I just drove without any timing shown onscreen. I don't know how I did a 1:43.7
Think i fluked my time, was stuck for ages on 1.44's

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Last nights session was good - sorry I was away in the middle. 1:38.7 was the best lap of last night in the DP, I think around 24C track temp and using the V2 DP setup. To be fair I was focusing a little more on the zero incident thing, I'd be super happy with that pace and safe. Car is feeling pretty good I think.

@Puffpirat You changed the final drive. In isolation its feels like a reduction in top speed, as accelerating out of the bus stop and elsewhere is slower. Is the intent that its to maximise slipstreaming? If so it might be a good call. either way the car feels good on that setup (actually a little less acceleration on the car makes some of those corners feel less scary).

not sure if I can make the nighttime session as Sunday evening is usually out, but we'll see.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I made a „best of“ of yours and grobis setup. The top speed on yours was higher and I liked the gearing more so I copied it to grobis and took some rake out.

Yours had less rake so I took the middle between the two. There may be more speed to be found with rake.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
When’s the next practice sesh?

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh well practice is rather going disappointing for me...

Did in total about 70 laps (in a night session), best with super fresh tires was a 1:38.4. After only a few laps I drop a whole second and can hardly stay in the low 39s. But the real "fun" is starting at the end of the fuel and after the re-fuel. I haven't done much practice with weak tires, but after re-fueling it's a struggle to stay below the 40s. (Track temp was around 24 °C when I stopped practice)

More than 80% of my times loss compared to my best lap happens during turn 5 (corner before the corner onto the back-straight) and turn 6 (corner onto the backstraight). The cornering with used tires feels terrible there and I loose about .40 seconds each. Doesn't matter if I take it as smooth as I can or pushing it and trying to hold the car together, I just loose a LOT of time there. Do you guys in the DP experience the same or is it me being super awful at these corners?

Another thing... I used the V2 setup (which is a really good setup) but with used tires I managed to spin while braking and I wasn't really locking up a lot. I gave it 2 or 3 clicks to the front brake bias and it was fine again. Does it save the new brake bias now for the whole car (so I have to go 2-3 clicks to the rear again when I get placed into the car) or does it load up the original bias again?

Anyway, I hope I can do more practice with you guys again and see where I can improve.

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Did in total about 70 laps (in a night session), best with super fresh tires was a 1:38.4. After only a few laps I drop a whole second and can hardly stay in the low 39s. But the real "fun" is starting at the end of the fuel and after the re-fuel. I haven't done much practice with weak tires, but after re-fueling it's a struggle to stay below the 40s. (Track temp was around 24 °C when I stopped practice)

More than 80% of my times loss compared to my best lap happens during turn 5 (corner before the corner onto the back-straight) and turn 6 (corner onto the backstraight). The cornering with used tires feels terrible there and I loose about .40 seconds each. Doesn't matter if I take it as smooth as I can or pushing it and trying to hold the car together, I just loose a LOT of time there. Do you guys in the DP experience the same or is it me being super awful at these corners?

Another thing... I used the V2 setup (which is a really good setup) but with used tires I managed to spin while braking and I wasn't really locking up a lot. I gave it 2 or 3 clicks to the front brake bias and it was fine again. Does it save the new brake bias now for the whole car (so I have to go 2-3 clicks to the rear again when I get placed into the car) or does it load up the original bias again?

Anyway, I hope I can do more practice with you guys again and see where I can improve.
there is no reason ro practice with old tires. the DP is refueling and changing tires at the same time
Post automatically merged:

I gave it 2 or 3 clicks to the front brake bias and it was fine again. Does it save the new brake bias now for the whole car (so I have to go 2-3 clicks to the rear again when I get placed into the car) or does it load up the original bias again?
you can change the BB during the race, so not everyone has to drive with the same settings. Not sure if you can see it in the display of the chevy, but you can check it with F6 i think

Last edited:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score

1. DP changes tyres while refuelling. you will always get fresh tyres on pitting.
  2. Tyres drop performance around the 8-9th lap, and then I think again around 20th lap.
  3. Turn 5 is the really late/no apex corner. Tyres will give after the first 2 laps. I Find that a very late apex, heavily straightening out and then a final slight turn seems to keep control of it, but I can't pretend to be fast here. VR is really useful here. I can't imagine trying to nail the apex without.
  4. The corner onto the oval is tough alright. Heavy braking into transferring as much as possible into rolling (no throttle) over the bumpy bit gets the best results. As the tires go you need to put the power back down more gradually.
  5. My best ever lap is a 1:38.100 (I think it can be a 37.9), but that is fresh tyres at around 20C track. at 24-28C I'm doing 38.9-39.5

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I finally finished the livery for our "Rookie" team:
2019-01-13 16-18-32_0.png

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
By the way we settled for #42

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
We're gonna go with #87!

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have a free pass to come and do some practice tonight. Will be on soon

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for suddenly disappearing from practice tonight, the power just cut out in the entire neighborhood.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The new V2 setup for the Ferrari feels really nice, I was happily putting away consistent low to mid 42's in free air throughout a full stint. The only thing I changed was TC2 to 1 for confidence, but that's easily changed in the car so It won't affect the setup file. I'll next be practising on Tuesday night, where I'll be trying a double stint.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Interesting session that. I feel we're getting closer alright, but damn look at that lap by Miguel. Thar be some magic going on!

1547416169595.png

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the session fellas. Good to chill out with you all again. :) Yeah that 36.7 on race pace is flying at night as the first lap but mid 37's will be the norm. I would still make sure you all build your set for the hotter conditions and remember about the front splitter. You guy's should win your split easily. :blackalien:

Users who are viewing this thread