Until: Sunday, January 20, 2019 - 13:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
My 1:42.6 was set on low fuel, when I decided to practice some pitstops. It seems race pace for me is low to mid 1:44
I got 33 laps on a tank, I think with some fuel saving I could get 34.

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
My 1:42.6 was set on low fuel, when I decided to practice some pitstops. It seems race pace for me is low to mid 1:44
I got 33 laps on a tank, I think with some fuel saving I could get 34.
yeah think some definate strat 5, tatics might come in handy for fuel saving.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just did a full double stint without changing tyres on setup V2, and I feel happy enough to do it in the race. My lap times didn't drop off much (high 42-low 43 1st stint; low-mid 43 2nd stint), and I only found some tiny bits of instability in the last 5 laps of the 2nd stint (easily manageable though). I also did 30 mins of a third stint on the same tyres, but the hosted session ran out of time. Initially, it felt ok, but the lap times were getting harder to match once the fuel came down, so if you're doing a triple it might we worth considering if you have robot-like consistency.

On another note, if any oculus users are struggling for fps (especially approaching the turn to go back onto the oval), turn off night shadow maps. I'm now at a solid 90fps all around the circuit without any hiccups in day, dusk & night :D There's more things you can tweak too, as described in this thread on the iRacing forums.

Anto

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Damn, I got 30 laps with engine map on 0 and front right tyre was at 50%. More practice needed..

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
When are we planning out stints etc. Getting very close to the wire and there is a race tomorrow...

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Servers for practice are up, yay!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just did a full stint on the open practice servers. Pretty have to have reasonably consistent laps over an entire stint. only 4x over 26 laps too - and 2 of that was avoiding someone who wanted to park on the bus stop. I think he saw a rare flower in the grass. Temperature was 30C->29C

1547678252654.png

Rather off the overall pace I think, though I only had the one outlap in the entire session and the track was enjoyably busy when I came out.

1547678483835.png

Ben Watkinson

RSR Academy
Reaction score
these open lobbies is rather good practice, found some good overtake spots specially at bus stop, ballsy move but do able, great times though

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
these open lobbies is rather good practice, found some good overtake spots specially at bus stop, ballsy move but do able, great times though
agreed, but caution if there are 2 cars going in...you can only really account for the car you intended to pass, you might leave yourself no good exits (like I just did ). Going off line for 1 car there can work, but if you need to be on the other line its a problem :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I did some open lobby practice yesterday as well. It really surprised me how much speed the GTEs can take into a corner. They need to brake a little earlier, but I guess their entry speed into a corner is not significantly lower than the DPs.

Lapping was quite okay. Busstop, as you already said, better take it easy and tend to back off instead of going side-by-side. Next tricky corners imo are nr. 4 and 5:

Approaching turn 4, the DP has quite some overspeed and if a slower class car is in front, you can only pray that keeps sticking to the racing line and moves to the left coming onto turn 5. Imo the only way to lap fast (and safely) is to dive on the inside. Braking becomes absolutely crucial then because it's easy to miss the braking point or to hit the grass on the right. It felt like I had to pass a GTE or GT3 there every single lap. So, better practice it over and over again :)

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The GTE is so similar in corners (I think its just a better car, all the DP has is a big engine). I think you have to consider yourself to be on par / racing with a GTE during section 1. Sure, some will get out of the way because they know you are faster after the corner, but pretty certain most won't. Also, the longer the tires go in the stint, the harder it will get to consider passing until the oval. I'm not sure how this will change when GTEs double stint and the DP gets fresh tires.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The GTE is so similar in corners (I think its just a better car, all the DP has is a big engine). I think you have to consider yourself to be on par / racing with a GTE during section 1. Sure, some will get out of the way because they know you are faster after the corner, but pretty certain most won't. Also, the longer the tires go in the stint, the harder it will get to consider passing until the oval. I'm not sure how this will change when GTEs double stint and the DP gets fresh tires.
Double stints are no problem in the Ferrari. Times will drop by half a sec after some laps, but I can drive nearly the same pace until the end of the second stint.

GoDATP

Community Member
Reaction score
Is there a stint sheet anywhere? I know it was asked earlier but we really need that.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
WOW! GT3s doing 1:41. And I can barely go below 1:43 in a Porsche GTE.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
whos streaming for this race? im amusing theres atleast 1 person per car?

Users who are viewing this thread