(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

iRacing

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The 24 Hours of Daytona is a 24-hour endurance race held at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL. It marks the first major auto race of the year in the United States. It also marks the start of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, known as the Rolex 24.

Calendar
Race:
Saturday, 18th January 2020, 13:00 GMT

Cars
- Chevrolet Corvette C7 Daytona Prototype
- Porsche 911 GTE, Ferrari 488 GTE, Ford GTE, BMW M8 GTE
- Audi R8 GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3

Race Info
Qualifying:
Attached & Solo - 8 Minutes for 2 Laps
Starts: Rolling
Race Date: 18th January, 13:00
Time progression: 1x
Weather: Dynamic
Sky: Dynamic
Field size: 55 Cars
Race length: 24 Hours (1440 min.)

Other Info
License:
Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 30 minutes
Incident Limit: 100/20/- (Stop&Go at 100x, Stop&Go every 20x thereafter, no DQ limit)
iRating in effect: Yes
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16 drivers required (fair share rule)

Track Guide

Teams
RevolutionSimRacing Green / Audi R8 GT3@t0daY / @Raigore / @Puffpirat
RevolutionSimRacing Pink / BMW M8 GTE@grobi0815 / @ramdrop / @Cornworld
RevolutionSimRacing Blue / Ferrari 488 GTE@fab. ICEMAN / @Vernux / @PiGuy
RevolutionSimRacing Red / Ferrari 488 GTE@Blue Monkey / @Alex Salmon / @UnstopaPaul / @Stokemon
RevolutionSimRacing Yellow / Ferrari 488 GTE@Imthecrabby / @Rargon / @FlyingKman
RevolutionSimRacing Orange / Ferrari 488 GTE@Ben Watkinson / @javoresku / @Jonno / @David Siska
RevolutionSimRacing White / Ferrari 488 GTE@Darksi / @Jamesl91 / @Shepard
RevolutionSimRacing Black / Ferrari 488 GTE@CatchAGlimpse / @Exited / @Jeff[NL] / @Morvic

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
DAYTONA BOYS! (I would like to drive GTE, maaaaybe also DP)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First endurance race of the year, my 5th consecutive 24 Hour race in Daytona. Hell yeah I am in! Car wise I am open to anything :)

What about you? @Members

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to drive, open to anything

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Maybe also worth tagging the @iRacing_Members directly ;) Last year we had 4 cars starting this race, can we do this again? :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The first few weeks of Jan are going to be nuts for me at work, so if it's on the 25/26th onwards then count me in for either the 488 GTE, or one of the GT3s.
The race will most likely be on the 18th. The IRL race is on the weekend after and the iRacing race was always the weekend before.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That would be a shame, will be doing crazy hours in the build up to it, so will have no time to practice/get used to iRacing again (and will probably be dead on race day).

If I can't drive I can be on hand during the daytime to spot/be cheerleader.
Post automatically merged:

Also, if I can't drive, I could possibly loan my account to someone, if they cover the subscription renewal. I have the Ferrari GTE and a few of the GT3s.

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll drive the event, but it's possible that one or two friends (Constantin Tscharf is one of them) will visit me and we'll drive together. That'll probably mean, that we will get DQed, because we'll do it with my account. I'm still waiting for a confirmation from the two. If we do it like that, then there is an open spot if someone wants to join.

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll drive the event, but it's possible that one or two friends (Constantin Tscharf is one of them) will visit me and we'll drive together. That'll probably mean, that we will get DQed, because we'll do it with my account. I'm still waiting for a confirmation from the two. If we do it like that, then there is an open spot if someone wants to join.
If you get another driver you can switch account whenever he is driving, shouldnt get you DQd then

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you get another driver you can switch account whenever he is driving, shouldnt get you DQd then
ikn (not my first 24h race :p), but i don't care about my iR, if no one wants to join.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interested :) I have all cars bar Ford and Porsche.

If anyone was wondering, this is one week after VEC Imola (rf2).

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This year I planned to do most of the special endurance races. But unfortunately I had to stop sim racing in summer.

After 3 months of lack of racing I returned. Immediately started iRacing with the MX5 and I have to say the long pause had a good effect on my speed. Now I'm in top 5 in top splits fighting for the win every time.

My plan hasn't changed, so I'd like to do all special races next year starting with Daytona.

I hope I can do well in the GT cars, too.

TL;DR:

I'm in!!!

I have Ferrari, Porsche GTE and Merc GT3

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing fair share rule is 25% of an equal share - which means that even if you have only "2" drivers in the team, one driver has to do minimum 3 hours.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Interested :) I have all cars bar Ford and Porsche.

If anyone was wondering, this is one week after VEC Imola (rf2).
Thanks! That answers a question i hadnt yet asked :D Shame we have to drive crap like Portland and cant drive daytona in VEC

Im up for this but only used iracing for about 3 months 5 years ago so dont know anything about it. would be up for this but need some help with how the irating process works etc but i like the team.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
iRacing fair share rule is 25% of an equal share - which means that even if you have only "2" drivers in the team, one driver has to do minimum 3 hours.
Thx for the heads up, but i know all that :cool:. Don't forget, that this is my 9th 24 hour race.
Problem is, that we drive on one PC and one account. Even with a second account, we'll loose too much time when we switch to the other. On the other hand, I'm driving with a real alien. Maybe he can gain so much time :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread