24 Hours of Le Mans - 20th June 2020 - Start: 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
le-mans-2020.png

@Members, this is the most prestige iRacing Endurance event in 2020!

Get excited everyone! For the fifth time, iRacing is presenting the 24hrs of Le Mans and RSR is entering with 6 cars! Our team of top tier drivers will be striving to maintain their history of stellar iRacing endurance race results with a team consisting of both familiar faces and first-timers to the RSR iRacing endurance team.

The race will be streamed from multiple perspectives so you don't miss a second of the action. Our built-in multiview plugin gives you the possibility to watch all streams at the same time!

Tune in to see familiar iRacing endurance veterans including @Raigore, @Vernux, @ramdrop and @Battenberg who finally returns to our GTE line-up! We also have @InsaneBase and @xImJakeyy joining our lineup for the very first time.

Audi R18 #TeamWhite
No comment.
This will be my third 24 hr of Le Mans this year. I'm really looking forward to it but I'm also dead nervous. New team, new car. It will be my first 24hrs in the LMP1 and although its a safe car to drive it's not that easy to manage all things going on and be on pace and consistent at the same time.

With @Stokemon and @UnstopaPaul as our team LMP veterans and @ramdrop and myself as newbies I guess it will be about staying safe consistent and out of trouble as much as possible.

I can't place an realistic expectation on where we hope to finish due to the lack of driving experience with this car and knowing we have a high possibility to be placed in the upper splits. I saw the times during one of our practice sessions and we only need to find another 3 sec pace o_O :eek: :D

So a good end result for me is when I look back and I had a great time with the team and drove well.
Le Mans in the top class... This is going to be epic. Looking forward to boosting to the finish with @ramdrop @UnstopaPaul and @Cornworld
This will be my 3rd 24r race, and my first at Le Mans. Strangely, up until about a month ago I had never raced at Le Mans in any series, so getting used to this legendary track has been pretty challenging. Equally challenging is the technicality of the LMP1 car. The lap times have come down steadily over the last couple of weeks and I'm now starting to feel comfortable in the car with a few iLMS races behind me. Looking forward to another endurance race with @Stokemon and excited to be racing with @Cornworld and @ramdrop for the first time. My personal goal? Keep it clean, give the fast boiz a working car and plenty of incidents to play with.
Broadcast:
Audi R18 #TeamBlack
No comment.
This weekend will be my first 24h of Le Mans. Its safe to say its going to be a fun one. I've done the better part of a season in the LMP1 car and its been a blast but Le Mans is a different beast. This race is going to be a fight all the way through, I'm looking forward to it :D
What can I say about Le Mans... I still remember my most defeating day in iRacing back in 2017...

Engine blew after leading the race with more than 2 minutes. It was very painful and almost ended my "career" in iRacing. One of the most frustrating moments I have had in sim-racing.

Our goal for this year is clear: P1! And with our team composition we have very good chance to do so :)

As always, maximum attack!
No comment.
Broadcast:
Ferrari 488 GTE #TeamRed
3 Years in iracing and havent had the chance to do 24h of Lemans yet. But finally my time arrived. We practicing hard for it and we goonna give our very best in our beloved Fezza with @PiGuy and @David Siska . Lets GOOOOOOOO!
No comment.
I'm very determined to do all the iRacing Special Events this year. The previous races went unexpectedly well, finishing most of them in a good position, thanks to my "former" team mates. I'm really looking forward to THE original endurance race - Le Mans. It'll be extremely hard, but with team mates of @Vernux and @PiGuy I'm sure, we'll do our best to stay out of trouble, and bring home our car in one of the top positions.
Broadcast:
Porsche 911 RSR #TeamBlue
The Blue team are very much looking forward to this big event. We had a very strong showing in the 6hr of Le Mans at the end of Season 2, leading the race by over 50s before @Nismo had some kind of hardware failure ending our race with just under 2 hours to go. As a team we want to avenge that painful loss by hopefully conquering the big one! From a personal note, leading the Season 3 6hr of Le Mans race in my 3 hour stint leading by 50s again before my other teammates ran into issues, I would love to avenge the painful memories on this track and using this as extra motivation to push hard to achieve a great result at one of the races I have always wanted to win. As we have all raced together now as a team for several endurance events including the Daytona 24, we are excited and motivated to make an impact and hopefully bring back a big result to the community.
LEMANS BABY!

This will be my 6th 24 Hour race, the 2nd time doing the Le Mans 24 at this beautiful venue.
There is a lot at stake and we aim very high after the disappointing hardware failure I've had a couple a weeks ago in the 6HR iteration of this race were we lost out on our almost guaranteed first place. We aim to win the race. We will see how we fare. Most importantly is finishing of course.
(And no hardware failures, altho that being very unlikely with the new PC I build especially for this event).

I Am really looking forward to this one and so are my amazing teammates @CatchAGlimpse @Exited and @Jeff[NL].
My first 24h of Le Mans and my third 24h race in general. Was lacking some practice, but on Thursday this week it clicked for me and now I'm feeling quite confident for this marathon!
Couldn't think of better teammates than @Jeff[NL] @CatchAGlimpse and @Nismo for this one. Hope that we will have a clean race and can challenge for a good position at the end!
Really cool to do this in the Porsche, as I have a personal relationship to them as my dad is working for Porsche for more then 40 years now :)

Bring it on!
No comment.
Broadcast:
Ferrari 488 GTE #TeamYellow
IT'S LEMONS TIME AGAIN!!!

My third participation on this wonderful track and my 11th 24h race overall.

And this time with new teammates. I'm really looking forward to drive this event with @InsaneBase, @Rargon and (I'm glad that you joined) @Battenberg. We had some good practice sessions (thx to @t0daY and @Raigore) where we were able to fix some issues. I'm really looking forward to this one.

I'm 100% sure that we will rock one of the lower splits.
After missing my traditional annual iRacing enduro at Daytona in January; and with the recent 24 Hours of Le Mans Virtual re-igniting my love for the big race; it felt like the right time to jump in and get involved.

I haven't driven iRacing in a while, so I'm still getting back into the swing of things. The car is feeling promising, and with some more seat time will come the confidence and vital consistency needed for this race. I'm looking forward to driving with and getting to know my new teammates in the Yellow car, and learning what I can from Grobi the 24 hour Master! Let's get stuck in!
No comment.
This is my very first 24 hour race, and I am looking forward to driving with @Rargon , @grobi0815 and @Battenberg. Ever since I joined iRacing I dreamed of participating in one of these - and now it is the legendary Le Mans.

After much practice (and uncertainty) I, thanks to the team, feel confident in the car and setup and hope I will learn much in these 24 hours from the more experienced team members and be part of a great story for RSR Team Yellow.
Broadcast:
Ferrari 488 GTE #TeamGreen
Coming into my 3rd 24hr LeMans race this year, I am really excited about this one, with a last minute car change to get used to practice has gone well and the pace is coming in, after an eventful 24hr Daytona race in January, want to step it up in this one and get that podium, after just missing out in January.
Looking forward to my first long endurance in iRacing, & my second 24h Le Mans this year.
Racing with my regular teammates for endurance stuff @Darksi & @Jamesl91, and joined by @Ben Watkinson I think we'll have a bloody good race.
After the car change a few days before the race I've got myself feeling comfortable, just need to do the same during the race now.
This will be my 4th 24hr race and my 3rd this year. Lemans is a track i tend to struggle with during practice, finding a rhythm isn't always easy(especially with the current tire model) but with the great team i will be driving with, I'm hoping we can have a strong race and finish in a strong position.

It is always great to see so many enthusiastic and talented drivers within the ranks of RSR and while we are all one big team against the rest, we still have the friendly rivalry between the teams to make racing exciting. Every driver taking part shows the qualities that make RSR stand out, so lets put on a good show!
Coming up to my 3rd 24hr race now since being with rsr, should be a good race! Pace is good even after car change I'm sure with @Darksi @xImJakeyy and @Jamesl91 (that being his internet stays connected) we should make it to the end unskaved.
Broadcast:

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Good luck for the race today fellas! Keep it safe!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
good-luck-blessing-fonts-png-image-and-clipart-good-luck-png-650_487.jpg

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Get ready for the bumper car action ;)

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
'Use the BetaUI, the performance is so good they said'...

I can't find any team in the BetaUI at all, good job iRacing :mad:

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Btw, team blue is a porsche ;) Just a little typo

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Best of luck to all drivers for the next 24 hours!
Keep it smooth & enjoy the moment =D

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Is there a forum where I can see the differences between the skins of each team?

Nismo

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Is there a forum where I can see the differences between the skins of each team?
Its the wingmirrors mate, For example, team Blue has blue ones, red red

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Its the wingmirrors mate, For example, team Blue has blue ones, red red
Ha okay thanks, I was trying to look at it on the streams but did not find the colour.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well our show ended a little early, but it was a fun team nonetheless. Thanks @Stokemon @ramdrop and @Cornworld for being great teammates. It was rather a problematic race, all triggered when I sideswiped an HPD coming out of the pits in the dark. I've learnt a valuable lesson on Le Mans in the dark (I seriously scan that corner every time since). Sadly the suspension damage was neither "mandantory" or "optional" repair. So we resorted to some pretty crazy tactics to try and get the car in useable form. @Cornworld proved he was much better at meatballing a car than I was, so after 3 separate pit stops all relating to trying to get rid of this damage we were 8 laps down on the P1 position we previously had.

I have to say on reflection I'm glad Jason convinced us to continue. Were we really fighting for a podium? probably not. But over the next 8 hours we pulled back 2 laps on the overall field, and fought back to 7th, with 6th place well within our sights. Sadly a mystery engine blowout ruined our night and with 34 minutes of downtime we were looking at last running LMP1, 16Laps down on the lead and 6 laps down on the next car. Sadly we needed to call it at that point.

Well for my first endurance race in the LMP1 I have to say I enjoy the car and will probably be back in it sometime soon! Perhaps 4 hrs of Night driving at Le Mans was not the ideal "starter package" though :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Amazing job by everyone =D
Congrats to all of you :D

Users who are viewing this thread