iRacing 24h Daytona - 20th January 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Finally back so did some practice with the team and they brought me up to speed. After a 2 hour practice I was doing 1:41.2 - 1:41.5 with the Ferrari. The setup for that car is money and we are doing some slight tweaks for it. I won't have time to start working on a Ford setup until Sunday night. I did talk to the guy's about the Ford but from the looks of it this Ferrari setup is very good already. So @t0daY we may end up with that car so you know. :)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Finally back so did some practice with the team and they brought me up to speed. After a 2 hour practice I was doing 1:41.2 - 1:41.5 with the Ferrari. The setup for that car is money and we are doing some slight tweaks for it. I won't have time to start working on a Ford setup until Sunday night. I did talk to the guy's about the Ford but from the looks of it this Ferrari setup is very good already. So @t0daY we may end up with that car so you know. :)
Pls say that you were on qually fuel :greyalien:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Pls say that you were on qually fuel :greyalien:

I very much doubt it Grobi the guys at Geodesic were doing the same times as Falcon last night with full fuel loads. Heck even I am doing 42's at the moment on full fuel load best has been 1.41.983. Biggest thing here is to be consistent whether you are doing 44's or 40's it is no good spinning 2 or 3 times in your stint.
I remember the last 24hr here at Daytona, which was my first one, and can remember spinning off and having damage big time which dropped us from 6th to 30 something and in the end with a few other incidents along the way we still managed to get a 5th in class and overall. Racing this race is about making it to the end in one piece. Our AMG GT3 car was mangled beyond recognition but we finished.

Last edited:

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I very much doubt it Grobi the guys at Geodesic were doing the same times as Falcon last night with full fuel loads. Heck even I am doing 42's at the moment on full fuel load best has been 1.41.983. Biggest thing here is to be consistent whether you are doing 44's or 40's it is no good spinning 2 or 3 times in your stint.
I remember the last 24hr here at Daytona, which was my first one, and can remember spinning off and having damage big time which dropped us from 6th to 30 something and in the end with a few other incidents along the way we still managed to get a 5th in class and overall. Racing this race is about making it to the end in one piece. Our AMG GT3 car was mangled beyond recognition but we finished.
Good, then I'm not totally off pace. I have a pb 1:41:9xx right now and driving more or less constant between 42:2-42:5.
Any chance to test the setup @falcon2081?

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Have you got iRacing setup sync Grobi, if you have then then join the RSR team and I am sure Falcon or Today will add you to the list. If not then if you are online around 19h00 GMT I can share the setup for you so you can test it. Just remember it is still WIP.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Have you got iRacing setup sync Grobi, if you have then then join the RSR team and I am sure Falcon or Today will add you to the list. If not then if you are online around 19h00 GMT I can share the setup for you so you can test it. Just remember it is still WIP.
I have access to the team setups. Thx mate!

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Cool until the setup is nailed and no further testing needed it will be posted there I am sure. I will send you mine if you are online around the time above which of course is the one Falcon is using with minor tweaks I suppose.

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Team #69 will make a test session tonight from 6 pm UTC for 3 hrs. Session name is: RSR Daytona Practice

Everyone is welcome to join

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
When making the session remember to put the track state to 100% and default weather. The track will be like that within an hour of the actual race. I will join you guys as well and share what needs to be shared.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The 4th team is entering the stage. Yet again another Ferrari GTE. So far it is @Battenberg and @FlyingKman. 2 more spots left :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
That was full fuel and 100% track state. So I’m sure it can go even faster with a cleaner track. Setup is still WIP but almost complete.
@Alex du Plessis You can share the setup to @grobi0815 and his team.

As always guys please do not share this setup to anyone unless they are driving for RSR. :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
@falcon2081 how out of date is your signture! :p

Fanatec CSW v2, Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals, Fanatec CSR Shifter Set.

and the GPU, 980! please. :D

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Hey guy's just to let you all know that I have stepped down as iRacing Admin for RSR. It is a private matter so I will not discuss it here. I will also not be driving for RSR in the Daytona 24 as well. I will still be around as a member of this great community. I wish you guy's all the best for the race.

@ramiboo I know I have to change it bud lol.:p

Last edited:

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Battenberg I am in with you and KMan now we need another come on 1185323118 join us otherwise Kman and myself, knowing what it is to do a 3 man team, will be pulling long hours again not that the 2 of us will mind to much. If push comes to shove only ;).

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The 4th team is entering the stage. Yet again another Ferrari GTE. So far it is @Battenberg and @FlyingKman. 2 more spots left :)

Battenberg I am in with you and KMan now we need another come on 1185323118 join us otherwise Kman and myself, knowing what it is to do a 3 man team, will be pulling long hours again not that the 2 of us will mind to much. If push comes to shove only ;).
I'm in obviously :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The sleeping princess aka @Mr Beas is joining car #96 which makes us complete again :)

Users who are viewing this thread