iRacing 24h Daytona - 21st January 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

Yorkie_065

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow wow wow! I've just got back from walking the dog and having a bit of time to come down and think over what 15 of us set out to do 26 hours ago...

I just want to say, as I didn't really express all that much crossing the line as I was kind of speechless, taking it all in and savoring the moment, what a huge achievement it was for RSR with the Daytona 24!! As people were saying, the weeks leading up to the race really showed what this community is all about...team spirit! Everyone was out to help one another to get the best possible results for each car, and even the likes of Masa, Lopez and Falcon who weren't racing under the RSR name, were more than eager to support everyone racing here!

I can't really list everyone as there's too many names, but I think everyone (@Members) under the RSR name deserves a pat on the back, a thank you, and of course most importantly a beer!... for the support that has been shown in one way or another. No matter how big or small, it's no doubt it all adds up and is appreciated!

I've got myself a beer now, and I just want to crack it open and raise it as a toast to @t0daY for all the hard work and effort that he puts in with organizing events like this, and running RSR along with all the other @Admins! You guys do a stellar job, and are a big part of what helps makes RSR be so awesome!

Thank you for such an awesome 24 Hours, and here's to many more to come with great success in the future! :D Cheers!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How to make yourself famous in iRacing :eek:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow well done guys. Congratulations to that win! You made it look easy :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I just have to say thanks to everyone that participated and especially @Bassetts @2scoops and @Battenberg . Always being there in time, encouraging the other members and just having a laugh every now and then. By far the best race that I've participated in and couldn't have had a better team to do a first 24 hours endurance race with.
After a good start with only minor damage keeping us in the top 4, midnight caught us and took us for a stroll down gagglestreet (Oh I'm bad at puns). Dropped to 23rd, but it didn't drop our spirit and pulled back to an amazing finish in 13th.

Not only a massive thanks to iRacing building the Mercedes AMG like a tank, but also to my laptop. Just as we were pulled in the car #64 chat on teamspeak to celebrate finishing the race, my laptop gave it's life. On to better a better pc and more great races!

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Massive congrats to @Admins , @Members and all the drivers that participated in this 24 Hour race. You guys showed great team spirit even when facing technical issues out of our control, sleep deprivation, and the curse of backmarkers. I tried my best in using my experience and knowledge in trying to calm you guys down and hyping you guys up. A long with a little words of encouragement. You guys have shown just how well we can come together and achieve a goal that is rarely ever done by the general population.

You guys don't know it but I was watching the last couple minutes of the race while I was out working at Sea. I have to thank my buddy for lending me his phone to watch as you all crossed the finish line. So while I can't have a beer since I'm on duty lol. I'll raise my non-alcoholic beverage and toast you guys to a well deserved win and to everyone else that helped to achieve this victory.

Onwards and Upwards. The skies look clear with endless possibilities!

daniel v

Community Member
Reaction score
As the "new guy" i really didnt understand how important was this race and the kind of competition level it has, i just saw the streams, and connected to team speak to make few questions and start to understand what iracing was all about (yes i didnt know this game). It was awesome being there talking with you guys and getting excited in my house for what a big event u guys was racing and over that your great performance. When i saw the rsr comunity and start to read the forums i tild my self this was the kind of comunity i wanted to be, clean and fair racers, great driving, people who perform allot better than i do and peoplewho i can learn allot (and i have), but more important a comunity where every one was friendly and wanted to help you. I want to congratulated the team on the 65 car, what a great driving! second to the other 3 teams, i know how much effort you guys put on it and the kind of problems you have to live and solve, and then a huge thanks to all the admins, who where allways there giving support and praising the spirit. And last to all this comunity for letting me be part of this incredible thing you have created here.

Special thanks to @falcon2081 @t0daY @Blue Monkey @FlyingKman. You guys have help me allot.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Anytime @daniel v! Thanks for supporting us in the TS channel.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, having had 12 hours of sleep I now feel human again. This race was by far the most exciting thing i've done in a long time. Firstly a massive thank you to Manu, @t0daY, for all the hard work in organising this event and bringing us all together and making this possible, to all @Members for their support to our car and all the other cars.

All 4 cars, though raced individually, gave continued support during the event to each other as well. All cars were part of a close knit RSR team that worked hard together before the event for a big assault on the Daytona 24 Hour race. This wasn't a bunch of guys having fun playing computer games, this was serious business, we did have fun as well though and yes it is a computer game, but you know what I mean. I don't think there will ever be just 1 car representing RSR in an endurance event ever again.

A huge thanks to my team mates, @Battenberg @Bassetts & @Dutchtastic, we jelled together as a great team, supporting and encouraging each other massively, keeping all our spirits up during the difficult moments, you actually become a close unit. I hope we can race together again in the future.

We finished 13th having had to fight back from high teens positions twice having been hit twice by people we had just lapped, both times into turn 1, the second time from 3 car lengths back, just didn't look like they braked, huge damage to the car meaning a long time in the pits. We never gave up, pushing all the time, making progress all the time, one of the quickest cars on the track a lot of the time, we closed down on P13 from 4 laps down with 30 minutes to go and it was going to come down to how long each of us had to pit for the final fuel. P13 then crashed in turn 2, obviously from the pressure. We salvaged something against all the odds from what we had to deal with twice.

I am pleased with the result, but can't help feeling we were cheated of something big from things that shouldn't really have happened, but that's racing I guess. Roll on the next endurance event.

Huge congratulations to car #65 for an amazing win, car #67 for a brilliant 6th position and huge commiseration's to car #64 for not being able to finish the race when on for another brilliant result.

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Not sure how long it'll be available for as YouTube is struggling to process my 24H stream, even though I tried to break it into 3 parts.

It does capture some of the random conversations we had in the last hour and the finish. I wonder if Crabby went and bought that G29..... :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well not really anything else to add, you all summed it up perfectly. I am very happy that everyone had so much fun in the 24 hour race! It was sometimes tough with all of you ;) buuuuut all in all I really really really enjoyed it beeing the little engine to get this "project" working. You all did great and I hope to see some faces from here in the upcoming endurance races :)

Now to my car #64: We were just unlucky boys, 2 disconnects in the beginning kinda destroyed already the race for me personally. It is how it is but on the other side 3 out of 4 cars finished the race, car #65 won and the newcomer car #67 could finish in top 10. Not to forget car #66 which was rear ended like 3 or 4 times and still went into top 15.

Many thanks to @JetPistol who participated in his first endurance race with only 12 hours playtime in iRacing. He replaced TonyR last minute and I just can say that you did great, more than great!

@Puffpirat, what can I say about you.. You were a little bit heated in your very first stint :D Other than that it is always a pleasure to race with you in the same car (at least I am faster than you in iRacing :p :p :p)

Last but not least @Blue Monkey. Well, well, much to learn you still have my young padawan. Sometimes a little bit too hectic and you are talking too much while driving :p Do not blame yourself for the crash which kinda ended our race, I also crashed in 24H of Spa or 12H of Bathurst, it is something which can happen in such long races. You are winning together and retiring together :)

Here is my start of the 24 Hours of Daytona. Was a very heated start but I could improve in the beginning from P6 to P3. My overall problem is the very first stint, I am just too slow and I do not know why. Once we are into the race and the track is rubbered in a little bit I think I was on the same level as @Yorkie_065 and @Mr Beas. Enjoy! :)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
One thing that was very apparent was how bad the rejoins were when someone went off track, they would come back on mid corner regardless of whether you were there or not, I see the top splits were no different.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@2scoops I don't know if you took my advice on the protests and if you guys let it slide but just know next time I will personally protest them on you guy's behalf if I have too. Some stuff is just too blatant to let it go. People need to learn that they can't do silly things in such a long race. I don't care if you are racing in the top split or the bottom.

I don't know if you guys have been following the iRacing forums but a team in the 24 hour race which consisted of one person allowing different people to drive on his same acccount was just banned from all official races. This team was found to be very aggressive and ruined the race of many participants. He just learned a very costly mistake and it was a just punishment.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I was going to do so @falcon2081 , especially for the 2nd incident, but in my zombie state I didn't save the reply when I exited iRacing, I have asked if it can be restored, but i'm not holding out much hope. Could only access the last 2 stints of the stream so that didn't help either.

Users who are viewing this thread