iRacing 24h Le Mans - 10th June 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Here are the times from last nights practice session and my optimal time.
20170606235924_1.jpg
20170606235927_1.jpg

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Who's using your account for those times :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Another practice server is up for tonight. Password as always :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just ran a few laps with the Ferrari in 'test' and have a potential of 3m58.1 (I think it was). The car is OK to drive but I really need to work on my braking, it locks up sooooooo easily with my usual brake technique :D

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Just ran a few laps with the Ferrari in 'test' and have a potential of 3m58.1 (I think it was). The car is OK to drive but I really need to work on my braking, it locks up sooooooo easily with my usual brake technique :D
If your using the default set up, or the vrs one, it defaults to the medium friction brake pads if you change it to the low friction pads you get better control on the brakes, at the cost of slightly longer breaking distances

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I've driven both cars now, and managed a mid 3:53 with both (0 wing, low brake pads & full fuel tank on both). Both are ok, but I'm gelling more with the Ferrari, so if I had to choose one, that would be it.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Called it a night on a mid. 3m54 lap, having ballsed up part of the lap again, which would have seen me nicely in the 53s. That was with 80L or so in the tank. Going to give it another try tomorrow.

Practice, practice, more practice followed by some more practice. Then, when I'm done with that practice, I'll practice some more. Need to get a couple of full stints in, to gauge how the car changes as the fuel drops, the tyres wear and the track rubbers in.

I'm not panicking at all. Oh no. I mean, what's there to worry about. I've never taken part in an iRacing race before and, 4 days before a 24-hour race at Le Mans I volunteer to take part. In a car that's only just been released. No, nothing to worry about there. At all.

:coldfeet::arghh::oops::rolleyes:o_O:dead::nailbiting::wideyed::chicken::drowning::bigtears:

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Did more practice in the Ferrari. Managed to get down to 3:50.5 full fuel. Close to the VRS lap of 3:49.7 but I think I've hit my limit which is usually close to about a 1s off the alien times. No changes to the setup except for one click higher gearing in 6th gear. Will mess around with the Ford tomorrow to see what times I can get out of it.

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Note: This informational broadcast has been brought to you GxBBS Racing team...

Having spend time in both cars and from looking at the telemetry data, The empirical evidence is my fastest times have come in the Ford's but that has been combined with more favourable track conditions.

All of these times are only with the basic of changes to tyre pressures, wing (0) and gear ratio's being made longer.

Temp - 19.91C - Time - 3:49.999 - Ford
Temp - 25.56C - Time - 3:54.525 - Ford
Temp - 26.95C - Time - 3:54.788 - Ferrari
Temp - 31.13C - Time - 3:58.131 - Ferrari
Temp - 33.94C - Time - 3:58.271 - Ford

When it comes to the feeling, from the driving I've done... I much prefer the Ford, for me it feels much more stable and planted under breaking into the corners and less prone to locking up of the breaks. I definitely feel a lot more confident in the Ford.

@Alex du Plessis would be great to hear your feedback as a fellow Car#66 drivers to help get a full view of the teams opinion on both cars.

Reactions: Tom

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am quite happy in both cars the only problem I am having is my brake pedal is way to sensitive at the moment it also messes around a bit and I am braking without even touching the pedal LOL. I just need to adjust the hall effect sensors slightly then I will be OK. The Ferrari to me feels a little more stable under corner exits than the Ford but other than that I still have no idea as to which one will be more suited. I am also slightly faster in the Ferrari but I think I can match it in the Ford. I have no objections to what car we will be using. I did mention that I was leaning towards the Ferrari. Still leaning on it but will need to put in more testing this evening with the Ford to really decided which car to use.
I will also update the spread sheet this evening with the times I am available to drive

Reactions: Tom

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Called it a night on a mid. 3m54 lap, having ballsed up part of the lap again, which would have seen me nicely in the 53s. That was with 80L or so in the tank. Going to give it another try tomorrow.

Practice, practice, more practice followed by some more practice. Then, when I'm done with that practice, I'll practice some more. Need to get a couple of full stints in, to gauge how the car changes as the fuel drops, the tyres wear and the track rubbers in.

I'm not panicking at all. Oh no. I mean, what's there to worry about. I've never taken part in an iRacing race before and, 4 days before a 24-hour race at Le Mans I volunteer to take part. In a car that's only just been released. No, nothing to worry about there. At all.

:coldfeet::arghh::oops::rolleyes:o_O:dead::nailbiting::wideyed::chicken::drowning::bigtears:

Oh not really giving you more pressure, but understand that the Chicken Pirouette Dance is not going to be tolerated at all. So put your dancing shoes away and put your racing shoes on. It may surprise you that racing shoes do make a difference. Oh by the way you also need to be pretty pruned and properly feathered as this a lot like a black Tie affair. Prim and Proper that's what is demanded from RSR's iRacing teams. Another thing we have limited insurance on these cars.
Have fwun Cluck that is what we have in these enduwance ewents.
Elmer_in_Rabbit_Fire_(1951).png

Last edited:

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So who's driving what car since I'm apparently teamed with Bassets who's been training in the Ford o_O

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Dekota Fripp (PRO driver Vendaval - Ex Geko Vortex) was 28s ahead
Had a good battle for P2

Naamloos.png

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So who's driving what car since I'm apparently teamed with Bassets who's been training in the Ford o_O

We should know for sure by tonight. At the moment, only @Bassetts is strongly favoring the Ford; Me & @Alex du Plessis are on the fence (but leaning towards the Ferrari); and everyone else is in the Ferrari. We should be closer to a more concrete lineup by the end of tonight.

Are you doing the whole race now, or just substituting the odd stint?

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
After yesterday's session, we decided to go for the Ferrari. Falcon's baseline setup is an absolute peach, and helped to win me over, I even got a win in a French Connection race :)

Now that we're all in the same car, we can freely move drivers around. @Dutchtastic would you like to join me and Bassetts in #66 for a Daytona reunion?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
After yesterday's session, we decided to go for the Ferrari. Falcon's baseline setup is an absolute peach, and helped to win me over, I even got a win in a French Connection race :)

Now that we're all in the same car, we can freely move drivers around. @Dutchtastic would you like to join me and Bassetts in #66 for a Daytona reunion?
I'm pretty sure your already on the same team, take a look at the list.

Users who are viewing this thread