iRacing 24h Le Mans - 10th June 2017 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I drove both cars for the first time yesterday afternoon and I don't really like the Ford. Love the Ferrari. Can someone send me the Ferrari setup please so I can put it in my setups folder.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I drove both cars for the first time yesterday afternoon and I don't really like the Ford. Love the Ferrari. Can someone send me the Ferrari setup please so I can put it in my setups folder.
May I ask it was that you didn't like?

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the visibility as I do have some problems with my eyes. It just felt cumbersome and the engine note was very flat so I found it hard to judge when to upshift without looking at the lights all the time.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the visibility as I do have some problems with my eyes. It just felt cumbersome and the engine note was very flat so I found it hard to judge when to upshift without looking at the lights all the time.
That's fair enough, it's the only car I have driven, and I am really beginning to get a good feel for it.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will have a look see :D

The Ferrari just felt nice straight away for me, i'm quicker in the Ferrari too, for the reasons above. The driving view in the Ferrari is a little strange for me though, maybe it's my eyes, but the seat seems like it's tilted forward so you don't have a flat view.

Last edited:

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The driving view in the Ferrari is a little strange for me though, maybe it's my eyes, but the seat seems like it's tilted forward so you don't have a flat view.

Yeah I felt the same, it reminds me of the McLaren, I think the steering wheel & dash is a bit lower than you'd expect. It's odd, but nice.

Ferrari chaps, any idea how long a fuel stint is? Also any thoughts on tyre life? I'm going to do some looong runs tonight.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will have a look see :D

The Ferrari just felt nice straight away for me, i'm quicker in the Ferrari too, for the reasons above. The driving view in the Ferrari is a little strange for me though, maybe it's my eyes, but the seat seems like it's tilted forward so you don't have a flat view.
So far my best is a 3:52.4xx with default weather and 50l of fuel.

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
As i understand there won't be a 4th member for team #67?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
As i understand there won't be a 4th member for team #67?
Currently, no. Unless you find someone who would want to race or someone else shows interest.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Oh my word this seems to be going in one direction a very long night unless we triple stint as that will help with some sleep.:)
Not a problem though I cannot wait the race. What has happened to David from the green hell Tomas? Can we maybe get him to join?????

Ferrari GTE Team #67
#1 @stolnikas
#2 @Alex du Plessis
#3 @Imthecrabby
#4 ??????????????

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Glad you all liked the Ferrari Setup. I do have a proper Ford setup now too. Does the same times as the Ferrari. Ford is more stable through the kink and on exit but isn't as nimble as the Ferrari. With the Ford being a little heavier braking points are a little earlier than the Ferrari. I also made it so the Ford can take the sausage kerbs without damaging the front fenders.

@stolnikas You will have to ask the others to send it to you or wait about an hour when I get back home.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Ford has a bigger fuel tank than the Ferrari but it uses more fuel. This race with these cars I would at some point consider checking out the fuel maps as no doubt eventually at some point in the race teams will use the fuel saving maps to get that extra lap or 2.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread