iRacing 24h Nürburgring - 5th May 2018 | 13:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
24h-nurburg1.png
Date: 5th May 2018​
Time: Saturday 13:00 GMT
Cars:
- Audi R8 LMS, Mercedes AMG GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3
- Kia Optima
- Mazda MX-5 Cup

Race Info
Qualifying:
Solo. You must qualify the car sometime during the week before the race
Starts: Rolling
Time of Day: Day
Layout: Nordschleife
Weather: Default (Temperature: 78° F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)
Field size: 55 Cars
Race length: 24 Hours (1440 min.)

Other Info
License:
Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 30 minutes
Incident Limit: None
iRating in effect: No
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16 drivers required

Track Guide:

NC1.png

Provisional Teams:
RevolutionSimRacing #12 - @t0daY, @grobi0815, @Vernux, @C. Tscharf

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race length: 12 Hours (720 min.) :facepalm:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Certainly interested, just re-activated last night, so a lot of catching up to do.
Don't have Nords yet, but if I can drive with someone, I can purchase it.

I only have the AMG., but again, can buy another car if needed.
And I could really only drive from 20:00 GMT till 02:00 GMT

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
can't make it due to family issue :(
also did they actually shortened race to 12 hours? or there are 2 24 hour start times this time?

Last edited:

Corbs

Community Member
Reaction score
There are 2 different time slot's one at 01:00 gmt and the other 13:00 gmt. And hasn't been confirmed for this event but irating has been in effect for recent team events

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My wife is in China during May and I’m alone with my son. Can’t dedicate the time for this race :(

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Puffpirat Why not go to China with the wife? Make another vacation out of it! :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I hope at least @t0daY will be streaming this one? I'm not around for much of the weekend, but will try to check in whenever I'm around to see how you guys are going and give a cheer.

Good luck

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One week late, but I thought it's worth to write a report from my pov. I will not write too much about my friends, because then this will be a never ending report ;)

Before the race we were all hyped about the beginning of the race. Like in our 24h Daytona race in January, @C. Tscharf was visiting me again, because of his bad internet connection. I have to say, that these kind of events are extrem fun for me, when I don't have to do that "alone". And to do that with Constantin is always a pleasure (Dude, you will be always welcome at my place). It's one of the best things I experienced during my racing career.

Start was really stunning. Constantin did a great job in his first double stint and it was awesome to watch him live at my rig.
Our second driver was @Vernux. He also did a great job and I think I took over the car in P3.

I knew before the race that I'm the slowest driver of our group. My goal was to keep the car out of trouble and do some 8:18 times. I was pretty nervous at the beginning, but that settled after the first lap. Sadly I was the first one, who crashed the car. Good news was, that the optional repair time wasn't so bad (about 1 min). Because of that, my speed and our pit strategy, we were in P6 after my first double stint.

@t0daY then did a great job. Fast lap times, very stable, very safe.
Again time for Constantin to take over. I'm not sure about anymore, but I think that was the stint where he crashed (yay, I'm not alone anymore). But again the car was stable, fast and mobile. We lost a bit of top speed, but that's it. He was doing again some crazy fast laps.
Everyone was getting sleepy now. Manu and Constantin were trying to sleep after their stints and @Vernux and myself tried to stay awake. I'm absolutely not sure anymore when that happened, but Ferensitz killed 3 Mazdas and one Porsche :D. But all in all, he did again a great job. The car was fine after the accidents.

3:30 am and I was right before my second double stint. To be honest, being the third driver is the worst part. I was not sleepy enough to try to sleep before that and I was getting sleepy when my stint starts. I was abit slower then in my first stint, but the track was very clean. There were no others cars around me (after that, I thought I had just overtaken 10 cars from the lower classes). Both stints were flawless without any incident. @Vernux was at my side at my first stint and he was so sleepy, that I couldn't understand a word. Manu was there at my second stint.

It was time for him to take over and for me to stay awake for another hour. After 30 minutes we had our only big accident. Because of that we couldn't stay out with the car and needed some repair time. Good for us, that car was still driveable and that the wheel was straight. I then awakened Constantin and it was time for me to sleep. I was in my dreamland after 5 minutes :oldman:.

3,5 hours later I was awake again. I took a quick shower and was ready to go for my final double stint. We changed our stint strategy a bit.
12:30 am, Sunday morning, we were in P4, had a large gap to P5 and to P3. 3 hours to go and to be honest, that was the hardest part of the race. I was still sleepy, my hand eye coordination wasn't the best, so I crashed the car a second time. And this time the wheel was not straight anymore. But I was so concentrated and focused, that I wasn't aware of that. Sadly my wheel stopped to work properly after the half of my second stint. The pit limiter button has always triggered by itself. That happened in my last lap three times and it was too dangerous to carry on. Time for Manu to do the final 1 and a half stint.

I wasn't aware of that, but when I was on my final lap, the car in P3 had a big accident and toasted the car. I think he felt the pressure from my side :greyalien: (gap was only 7 minutes :), or was it a lap?). So Manu had the honor to drive the car on the podium. He was doing again a great job.

That was the most intense race I ever had. And I'm glad and very very lucky that we not only survived. I'm extremely proud of my teammates and myself. 3rd position in the third split. That's still something I did not expect.

BEST RACE EVER!!!

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice write up @grobi0815 . A race like that must be so tiring. You guys did an amazing job.
It is, but it's totally worth it.
I love endurance racing and doing this event was the best thing in my racing career. Month before the race, I said to @Vernux that I suck on this track and that I will not do it. I'm very glad that he persuaded me to do that and that I didn't smashed the car too hard :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tom

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Nice write up @grobi0815 . A race like that must be so tiring. You guys did an amazing job.
You'd be amazed at what adrenaline and coffee will do to the mind and soul ;)

Congrats again guys. These 24hr races are an achievement in themselves, let alone sticking it on the podium. Absolutely superb :pompous:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I would put my race report here as well :p

I qualified our car with a 8minute 7 lap, however, as I didn't register the car for the session and my friend did, we had to start last lol. A 52 car field of GT3's and I was starting, it's easier to summarise with this video (it starts at the start of the race when you click play)

We had to 'edit' our stints on the fly and so I had to do 3 stints in a row, at the end when I handed the car over, we were running very close to P2 (I managed 8 lap stints, where as P2 at the time were doing 7 lap stints) and we were gaining hugely on P1. I would have loved to do another stint to get us into that pole position.

My friend took over and he did actually lead for 3 laps because P1 was only doing 7 lap stints, he wasn't the quickest but he was safe and had a few wobbles but the car remained clean and free of damage, he was averaging around 8.25's, he knew he could go quicker but he went for stability rather than speed.

We handed the car (still undamaged) over to our 3rd driver in a comfortable P2, P1 wasn't miles away and subsequently later crashed but so did our driver, he tried to make friends with the car and the grass at the second corner of Metzgesfeld, needless to say, he skipped across the smashed the right front into the wall - strangely no required repairs, only optional repairs.

He carried on and another few punts and required repairs he packed it in and I took over the car, at this point we were running a bit further back but in a podium position, we had lost top end speed and the car was a little reluctant to turn in, so relatively speaking, we were losing about 3/4 seconds a lap, however, it still was split winning pace. I finished my 3 stints without incident and our second driver took over for 3 stints which is when I went to bed.

I woke up 5,5 hours later to find the rear wing bent, the front slightly crumpled and wondering what had happened. Our second driver had managed clean laps but our third one had many issues. We had lost a few positions as he had spun around (cleanly) at Kallenhard and couldn't turn the car around (lol), so he towed and that lost us a lot of time. I watched and 3/4 laps later, he repeated his earlier accident and hit the brakes on the grass at Metzgesfeld and this time, required repairs were required, whilst we were waiting, I decided to look to see how the rear wing got bent, he lost it at Pflazgarten, kept it out the wall, but to turn around reversed into the wall hard, not once, but twice.

Anyway, I took over the car again for 2 stints this time and the car was quite slow and I struggled to manage the 8 lap stints due to the increase in fuel consumption, we were around 6/7 seconds a lap slower now and I pushed as much as I could to gain on the cars in front, we were but not quick enough. Our second driver took over me and kept the gap stable and with a stint and splash left, I was left to chase 4mins to P7, I pushed harder than a man on the toilet, I sweat blood, tears and other bodily fluids and managed to get the gap down to sub 2 minutes, we were very comfortable to P9 and had next to no pressure so it was a case of me bringing it home.

When you take into account the tow's, damage and add it all up, we could have been 5 laps up the road and challenging for the win :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thought I would put my race report here as well :p

I qualified our car with a 8minute 7 lap, however, as I didn't register the car for the session and my friend did, we had to start last lol. A 52 car field of GT3's and I was starting, it's easier to summarise with this video (it starts at the start of the race when you click play)

We had to 'edit' our stints on the fly and so I had to do 3 stints in a row, at the end when I handed the car over, we were running very close to P2 (I managed 8 lap stints, where as P2 at the time were doing 7 lap stints) and we were gaining hugely on P1. I would have loved to do another stint to get us into that pole position.

My friend took over and he did actually lead for 3 laps because P1 was only doing 7 lap stints, he wasn't the quickest but he was safe and had a few wobbles but the car remained clean and free of damage, he was averaging around 8.25's, he knew he could go quicker but he went for stability rather than speed.

We handed the car (still undamaged) over to our 3rd driver in a comfortable P2, P1 wasn't miles away and subsequently later crashed but so did our driver, he tried to make friends with the car and the grass at the second corner of Metzgesfeld, needless to say, he skipped across the smashed the right front into the wall - strangely no required repairs, only optional repairs.

He carried on and another few punts and required repairs he packed it in and I took over the car, at this point we were running a bit further back but in a podium position, we had lost top end speed and the car was a little reluctant to turn in, so relatively speaking, we were losing about 3/4 seconds a lap, however, it still was split winning pace. I finished my 3 stints without incident and our second driver took over for 3 stints which is when I went to bed.

I woke up 5,5 hours later to find the rear wing bent, the front slightly crumpled and wondering what had happened. Our second driver had managed clean laps but our third one had many issues. We had lost a few positions as he had spun around (cleanly) at Kallenhard and couldn't turn the car around (lol), so he towed and that lost us a lot of time. I watched and 3/4 laps later, he repeated his earlier accident and hit the brakes on the grass at Metzgesfeld and this time, required repairs were required, whilst we were waiting, I decided to look to see how the rear wing got bent, he lost it at Pflazgarten, kept it out the wall, but to turn around reversed into the wall hard, not once, but twice.

Anyway, I took over the car again for 2 stints this time and the car was quite slow and I struggled to manage the 8 lap stints due to the increase in fuel consumption, we were around 6/7 seconds a lap slower now and I pushed as much as I could to gain on the cars in front, we were but not quick enough. Our second driver took over me and kept the gap stable and with a stint and splash left, I was left to chase 4mins to P7, I pushed harder than a man on the toilet, I sweat blood, tears and other bodily fluids and managed to get the gap down to sub 2 minutes, we were very comfortable to P9 and had next to no pressure so it was a case of me bringing it home.

When you take into account the tow's, damage and add it all up, we could have been 5 laps up the road and challenging for the win :(

Which Team you were driving for?

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I drove with some friends under VRT. You've probably seen them around in the AOR formula renault leagues

Users who are viewing this thread