Project CARS 2 24th Sep 2017: Welcome Back! (1 Viewer)

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll battle if it makes sense to, but it makes no sense to continually hold up someone who is clearly much faster because driving defensively leads to mistakes and slow lap times, they will possibly get frustrated and there is always a risk that could lead to an incident, to finish first, first you must finish...

Well my personal opinion is in a race, everyone is entitled to battle and defend regardless of pace. If the guy behind is faster and you're holding him up, that's a good thing - you're racing. If you were to let every faster car pass just because they're faster you wouldn't be racing.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
You can hold yourself up though. It's a balancing act.

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
You can hold yourself up though. It's a balancing act.

Oh I know that, sometimes rather than battling it's better to have a silent agreement between drivers to push together, I just mean that I disagree that anyone should just allow a car to pass without challenging purely because they're faster. I mean, you're welcome to do that, I personally wouldn't, I'd at least make them work for it. Is that not what racing is about? Gaining and defending positions?

Anyway - offtopic. Need to pick a car for tomorrow, haven't done any prep work for it ahhh!

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll bear that in mind next time you're catching me :stig:

Stitch

Community Member
Reaction score
I'll bear that in mind next time you're catching me :stig:

By all means, defend to your hearts content. Race craft is as much about racing as pace. You don't have to be the fastest to do well in races. Anyway, who says I'll be doing the catching? You had good pace today so it may be the other way around. :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well my personal opinion is in a race, everyone is entitled to battle and defend regardless of pace. If the guy behind is faster and you're holding him up, that's a good thing - you're racing. If you were to let every faster car pass just because they're faster you wouldn't be racing.

That's nice, thanks for the welcome...I love being told how wrong I am...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Keep it friendly guys, thank you :)

I don't want any replies in here on the matter, take it to a conversation if necessary.

Your chicken overlord has spoken.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm good...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me too! And @Born2BSlow we had some great battles in the Induction tonight. Can't wait for tomorrow! :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you had the legs on me
I didn't do too badly considering I hadn't driven those combos or indeed those cars during WMD testing, or before the session. I do love the slower cars, much closer racing.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anyone found an enjoyable combo here? Tried the Renault on default set and the BMW on both loose and stable default sets so far and they just seem horrible round this track, just don't seem to flow naturally to me.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Anyone found an enjoyable combo here? Tried the Renault on default set and the BMW on both loose and stable default sets so far and they just seem horrible round this track, just don't seem to flow naturally to me.
I’m pretty sure these cars are FWD so it’s always going to be a different driving experience

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure these cars are FWD so it’s always going to be a different driving experience
the BMW is definitely RWD :)

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be there this evening!

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
the BMW is definitely RWD :)

It's RWD but still seems to get lift off oversteer like a wrong wheel drive car. Not been able to tame it with fiddling with setup round Donington. Shame but might have to give this race a miss unless I can get the hang of the combo soon.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I will be there this evening!
So I can't make it to the start of race 1 as I'm stuck at a birthday party. Will try to make it to race 2 or 3 if you allow me to join. Otherwise it looks like my first race will be the 90's meets 80's race of next Thursday.

Marcel Spuehler (Siberian Tiger)

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry Guys, can't start Teamspeak on my Laptop :( Some Errors...

The Projector Lamp blewed up during the Race, luckely i was in the Rift, so no Problem..

But now i don't have a monitor for my Main PC :p Need to get something for tomorrow...

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Well not the most auspicious start to my RSR racing journey. Need a lot of practice and some setup work to move forward, a bit more skill wouldn't go amiss either. Had a great battle with slowbloke in the first race...
The less said about the second race the better, but I enjoyed reading with my daughter when I put her to bed so not a complete loss lol.
Another good battle but way at the back in race 3 this time with 118 until he made a mistake and I ended up on my own...

My setup must have been rubbish because it felt more stable in the wet than the dry...not a surprise as I don't have a clue and usually just stiffen the springs and ARB's to get a bit more corner stability.

Anyway, hopefully I can into the pack more in future. I don't want to be floating around at the back forever.

SharkyOB

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the setup thing was the same for all of us tbh mate, my A Class was way more stable in the wet.

Users who are viewing this thread