Project CARS 2 25th Jan 2018: European Junior Championship (1 Viewer)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Cluck thx for the info and thinking of me but due to university commitments i can't race the Oschersleben race as i come home from university about the same time as the event starts, so i wasn't planning to sign up ^^

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If there is room, I will be happy to participate
me, please, in reserve, I do not like number 28
Name:
Eugene Gajkin
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

thank

MOD EDIT : You're welcome :)
(posts merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Anybody got a feeling for a "par" time for laps of this thing...I feel like I must be about 5 secs off the pace. Hate the course, not keen on the car. Feels like I never get above 50.

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lol - the time trial for that track is suddenly flooded with RSR racers. Guess I know what "par" looks like now. :D

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Lol - the time trial for that track is suddenly flooded with RSR racers. Guess I know what "par" looks like now. :D
We tend to ruin certain car/track combination leaderboards, it's one of our talents. :p You should see what happened when we used to do some time trial events. :D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh what a race! Here is my pov of both races. More detailed race report will be following tomorrow. Good to be back! :)

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for a brilliant pair of races guys, really enjoyed them! The car's great and the tracks a proper challenge for passing. Thanks to @Puffpirat for race 2 it was a really good battle, apologies for the little bit of contact - it got awfully tight on that inside line :D

UnstopaPaul

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well a bit of a mixed bag today.

Race 1
Started with the all so embarrassing standing start on a rolling start (oops). I think technically I jumped from 20->19 by doing this. Anyone with the replay, but I think we lined up ok - but I might have caused confusion for the pack, sorry for that.

Really happy with the race itself. Pretty clean, and though by no means super competitive, I was at pushing at the cars in front, and a 14th place from that starting position was a pretty pleasing bonus to focusing on staying clean.

Race 2
Oh dear - I really got too greedy - Turn 2 shenanigans up front gave me a great opportunity to make a few places, given my pretty awful qualifying session. You always want to get past one too many cars. I'm annoyed, because not pushing too recklessly was part of my goal for the evening.

Getting Greedy

Watching it from my car - it looks like I get sideswiped - looking at it from FuBii's PoV, it looks like he just gets punted. I guess that makes it a race incident? What do guys think? What's clear is that I could have avoided it by not taking that risk. Sorry @FuBii . After that, 17% aero and 7% engine damage further compounded my terrible qualifying laps and I stayed pretty much at the back of the grid for the rest of the race. Staying out on track was probably the correct call - even gaining 3 secs a lap would not have made up the stop (and I couldn't get that much gain by a long way), and the car could be driven without risk to others.

A few observations on the races
  • Could I request that if the race is to mandate loose setup, then that is what appears in the race description. I had a hate-hate relationship with the loose setup on a car I really don't get on with anyway. I had practised entirely on stable after initial testing of both, which felt a little better, and was pretty thrown by the switch
  • I was slightly confused by the statement "you can change your gearing" in race 2. I thought that we were running default setups only. I didn't quite follow this one.
In any case, it was a generally improved evening for me, some good take-aways both good and bad. It's all learning.

Thanks all, thanks organisers.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I see no reason why we shouldn't allow Default Stable and Default Lose. The game has too many bugs to run "default only" anyway so having this two default options shouldn't be too much work for the drivers to deal with. Try both and see what you like more or are quicker with. Unless we are trying to make this a zero-perpetration-community.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Ahhh wondered who I got glued to at the start. I wouldn't worry about it, kinda got hit from all sides giving damage everywhere, suspension damage on a controller isn't much fun haha.
It was a good return for me being away for so long, effectively moved house, new internet isp etc etc.
Amazing fight with @Ranjanado in the last few laps before damage & tyres put me at the back of the pack.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Both races from my view. Both great but couple of incidents in race two dented the fun for me ever so slightly.
Race 1

Race 2

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apoligys for race 2 @Mark that was totaly my fault i tried to do what i did every lap and flick the car through the corner but it hit the inside bump and spat me out too far on to the grass/gravel i did the honorable thing and waited for you tho..(a lesson some others could use lol)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Apoligys for race 2 @Mark that was totaly my fault i tried to do what i did every lap and flick the car through the corner but it hit the inside bump and spat me out too far on to the grass/gravel i did the honorable thing and waited for you tho..(a lesson some others could use lol)
No worries mate, it happens. If only I had steered the other way I might have avoided you.
I saw that you waited and thanks for that. A good example of correct conduct in that situation I would say.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Ahhh wondered who I got glued to at the start. I wouldn't worry about it, kinda got hit from all sides giving damage everywhere, suspension damage on a controller isn't much fun haha.
It was a good return for me being away for so long, effectively moved house, new internet isp etc etc.
Amazing fight with @Ranjanado in the last few laps before damage & tyres put me at the back of the pack.
I really enjoyed the nice fight Fubii!! you put me under lots of pressure. But was great fun

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really fun races, and i'm already looking forward to Sunday. My report is as follows:

Race 1: Qualified quite well with a good lap on 4th place i believe, had a bad start and dropped to 5th. after some laps i had manu charging on me and we had some turns side-by-side but he took the advantage. I also blundered a bit when he took the advantage and steve/james that were following us passed me. From there until the last lap as Raj already mentioned, me, steve, james and, manu where fighting for position in our own ways: james and manu up front of the pack giving a show, me and steve behind them waiting for some errors i guess :). The error happened from steve on the last lap, he spun and crashed into me, nothing we could both do. We lost some places and i ended up in 10th.

Race 2: Qualified 7th. From my experience on this track, I am always careful with the kerb before the pit entry as if you hit it at the wrong angle, the car unsettles and a spin is always guaranteed. I was always making sure i did not blunder there, but on the second lap, on a lapse of concentration, i hitted the kerb on the 'wrong way' and my car unsettled, tried to dominate but it was no good...unfortunetely Cluck that was just behind me crashed into me and was out of the race, and Eugene was also affected. Many apologies to both of them :(.
I returned almost back of the pack, with my car luckily undamaged. I gained some positions and after some laps i was just in front of @atmosfearic34 . After some laps defending, i felt the pressure and he passed me. And basically for the rest of the race i was behind him trying every trick in the book to pass, but shoutout to him, great defensive driving! On the last corner of the last lap out of desperation, i spun and lost 2 places, ending in 12.

See ya all at Sugo!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@drukqs - I did pick up a lot of damage but that's not what put me out of the race, don't worry :) . I've had problems with my Rift over the last 3 or 4 days, with it regularly rebooting itself (it happened twice during the induction sessions on Tuesday) and it happened last night as I started to head off again, having let the pack passed. It was an accident, no hard feelings at all :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really fun races, and i'm already looking forward to Sunday. My report is as follows:

Race 1: Qualified quite well with a good lap on 4th place i believe, had a bad start and dropped to 5th. after some laps i had manu charging on me and we had some turns side-by-side but he took the advantage. I also blundered a bit when he took the advantage and steve/james that were following us passed me. From there until the last lap as Raj already mentioned, me, steve, james and, manu where fighting for position in our own ways: james and manu up front of the pack giving a show, me and steve behind them waiting for some errors i guess :). The error happened from steve on the last lap, he spun and crashed into me, nothing we could both do. We lost some places and i ended up in 10th.

Race 2: Qualified 7th. From my experience on this track, I am always careful with the kerb before the pit entry as if you hit it at the wrong angle, the car unsettles and a spin is always guaranteed. I was always making sure i did not blunder there, but on the second lap, on a lapse of concentration, i hitted the kerb on the 'wrong way' and my car unsettled, tried to dominate but it was no good...unfortunetely Cluck that was just behind me crashed into me and was out of the race, and Eugene was also affected. Many apologies to both of them :(.
I returned almost back of the pack, with my car luckily undamaged. I gained some positions and after some laps i was just in front of @atmosfearic34 . After some laps defending, i felt the pressure and he passed me. And basically for the rest of the race i was behind him trying every trick in the book to pass, but shoutout to him, great defensive driving! On the last corner of the last lap out of desperation, i spun and lost 2 places, ending in 12.

See ya all at Sugo!

Our battle was really good fun. I am waiting for more on Sugo ;)

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
What a nightmare trying to find the server. That's 3 events now, and each one has been a pain to find the server. Looks like it could be an ongoing problem for me.
Changing the filters around, I eventually located the server by showing ALL servers!

Anyway, that kind of set the tone for my races. Only managed one qually lap, and that left me pretty much right at the back. Was struggling with the default setup, hardly got any feeling of what the car was doing. My fault as I had been practising with a server which made the car feel so much better...

Race 1 was possibly the worst, most forgettable race I have done for years. Finished right at the back. Should have been a bit higher than that, but got nudged off the track a couple of times, which summed up how things were going.

Race 2, the car felt a lot better on track...totally different to race 1. I even went back to the pits to make sure I hadnt loaded a proper setup by mistake. Was still way down the grid, despite actually feeling the car a bit more.

Made up quite a few positions, and had a half decent race, although, again, there were a few instances where my car was used as breaking help for cars who failed to turn in early enough....
14th place finish from the back of the grid was a big improvement on race 1 ;)

Incidentally, how do you get your live streaming to show up in the streams list? I thought it was to do with your profile settings, but that doesnt seem to work for me, or i have entered my channel link wrong.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a nightmare trying to find the server. That's 3 events now, and each one has been a pain to find the server. Looks like it could be an ongoing problem for me.
Changing the filters around, I eventually located the server by showing ALL servers!

Anyway, that kind of set the tone for my races. Only managed one qually lap, and that left me pretty much right at the back. Was struggling with the default setup, hardly got any feeling of what the car was doing. My fault as I had been practising with a server which made the car feel so much better...

Race 1 was possibly the worst, most forgettable race I have done for years. Finished right at the back. Should have been a bit higher than that, but got nudged off the track a couple of times, which summed up how things were going.

Race 2, the car felt a lot better on track...totally different to race 1. I even went back to the pits to make sure I hadnt loaded a proper setup by mistake. Was still way down the grid, despite actually feeling the car a bit more.

Made up quite a few positions, and had a half decent race, although, again, there were a few instances where my car was used as breaking help for cars who failed to turn in early enough....
14th place finish from the back of the grid was a big improvement on race 1 ;)

Incidentally, how do you get your live streaming to show up in the streams list? I thought it was to do with your profile settings, but that doesnt seem to work for me, or i have entered my channel link wrong.

Just click on the "Streams" tab. In the sub-naviagtion bar should be a button which is called "Submit Channel". Click on that and follow the instructions. If you struggle feel free to give me a shout :)

Andy Bonar

Community Member
Reaction score
Just click on the "Streams" tab. In the sub-naviagtion bar should be a button which is called "Submit Channel". Click on that and follow the instructions. If you struggle feel free to give me a shout :)
Ah, sorry, didnt see that, thanks
Ive tried submitting, but it says "channel URL does not match any supported services"

Users who are viewing this thread