26th Jan 2017 - Furious Fusion (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
2 - Poster.png

Open to: Orange
& Green
Badged Members

Car: Ford Fusion Stockcar
Track: Monza GP
Important Information: The hard compound is faster than the soft and medium compounds.
Gentlemen's Agreement: To avoid the autoclutch exploit. Please use an h-shifter + clutch or autoclutch with paddle shifters.

Date: Thursday, 26th January 2017
18:30 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
20:00 UTC - Race 1
20:30 UTC - Break
20:40 UTC - Race 2

Race 1
Qualifying: 20 minutes
Laps: 1+15

Ingame Date:
22th July 2017
Ingame Time: 09:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Medium Cloud
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Race 2
Qualifying: Reversed Top 10 grid of previous race result
Laps: 1+20

Ingame Date:
22th July 2017
Ingame Time: 18:00
Time Progression: 1x
Weather Conditions: Overcast
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker, maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers on the right side and even numbers on the left side.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Yikes - how do you stop this tank stepping its butt out on every turn at Monza ?

Very oversteery.....

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just realised that this event will be on thursday :O Did anyone anything here yet? :D

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I just did a few laps. Absolutely hated the car to start with but that quickly changed. This should be a lot of fun.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I will not have the time to train, I do not have the DLC required, and I'm unsure I can participate, but I'll try. So this will be totally rock-n-rool for me, because it means I'll have to setup the car during the qualifications, but I damn love the track and challenges, so how do we apply? :D

B

Blue Monkey

I will not have the time to train, I do not have the DLC required, and I'm unsure I can participate, but I'll try. So this will be totally rock-n-rool for me, because it means I'll have to setup the car during the qualifications, but I damn love the track and challenges, so how do we apply? :D
You can ask someone that is online (and has the necessary car / track) to make a Peer to Peer session for you and you join in and can drive / practise (if you need to). He needs to set the opponent car to identical.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have the car and track just add me on steam dude... jonnotheone im on most nights and dont mind seting up a lobby for an hour or 2..

Yikes - how do you stop this tank stepping its butt out on every turn at Monza ?

Very oversteery.....
Lower the rear anti roll bar and soften up rear suspension..

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried the car. Rear is stepping out everywhere. Tried to improve it by setup, did not work.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Default setup is quite neutral once you get the hang of driving it.

Most important thing is to use the auto-clutch exploit, I went 1.5 seconds quicker instantly as soon as I turned it on, was struggling doing 44.5 in TT, then did 43.0 on my second lap with auto-clutch on. It completely transforms this car, you can briefly go into 2nd where without autoclutch you would stay in 3rd, stabilises the car under braking and the extra acceleration out of the corners. Shame it just feels like a modern racing car without the tractor transmission.

The default gearing is obviously too short but you don't want to go long here with only 4 gears, would probably want a short qualifying top gear and longer race one for drafting if getting serious. Seems a bit faster with lower downforce as well.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important

Added a Gentlemen's Agreement to the OP.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Important

Added a Gentlemen's Agreement to the OP.

And the intensity level just went to 11 :D

I was lapping between 42.7-43.1 consistently with my setup and auto-clutch. Turning it off and I managed to do one 42.6 and one 43.1 in about 15 laps of trying.

I think unless you're supehumanly good at heeling and toeing and trail braking in this car you'll have to either back the pace off or soften the car up to make it more forgiving to keep it on track for the duration of the race. For the second chicane I'm turning in overly late and slow for the first bit just to position the car for a good exit. Only managed to get the first chicane to flow on the one quick lap since turning auto-clutch off, almost impossible to trail brake and change to first gear now.

If anyone thinks the car isn't well balanced go and turn auto-clutch and maybe TC on, bet it's just the 900bhp making it go sideways...

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
You can find some strange things on YouTube.

NASCAR on a rally stage on the Monza oval...

...and NASCAR on a night rally stage...

...that's enough internet for me today.

Though you can see from the videos the real thing is setup super soft, probably tames the beast a bit and lets it ride the kerbs, look from the onboard 4.10 to see it do the chicanes and first right hander, seems to have a pretty good line through there.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
One other VERY important point but almost impossible to police except to state "Don't do it". This car will reveal very large gains in performance once the tyres run low. It is quite conceivable, within the qualifying time available, that the tyres can be worn down to get into this improved performance state (it took 8 laps of Road America, for example, to get them worn down, which works out at about 17 minutes). At Road America, it was good for multi-second savings on laptimes. The upshot of this is that you can get an almost super-human cornering speed, giving a considerable advantage for the straight that follow.

I would hope that nobody here stoops to this level but since a few of us are already aware of this tyre behaviour*, I think it is only right that it is brought up again ahead of the event :).

EDIT : Just to add, I haven't tested it yet but I will give this a go this evening and see what the results are so, Manu, I wouldn't suggest doing any kind of other "agreement" just yet. Let me see if it is possible to get the tyres worn enough within the allotted qualifying time period.

EDIT : Added an extra word I'd missed - this is only really a factor during qualifying, since we will all be in the same situation during the race itself :)

* it was brought up during pCARS development and also came to light during the NVidia Challenger Series time-trial competition.

Last edited:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So are we going to go faster and faster as the tyres wear in the race? Times seemed to slow for me over a 5 lap run in TT (with auto-clutch, I'm too inconsistent to draw any conclusions with it off :D ).

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
I would love to join in, but I wanna have a little practice first!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I would love to join in, but I wanna have a little practice first!

A wild DeBuG appears! Hello mate, how your doin? :)

DeBuG^

Community Member
Reaction score
A wild DeBuG appears! Hello mate, how your doin? :)

Hey dude, I'm very, very well :) how about yourself? How's project cars been going for you guys? The sites looking awesome btw :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So are we going to go faster and faster as the tyres wear in the race? Times seemed to slow for me over a 5 lap run in TT (with auto-clutch, I'm too inconsistent to draw any conclusions with it off :D ).
Yes :)

I've been searching, for the last 30 minutes, trying to find where this was originally brought up, but I can't find the post either on WMD or the pCARS public forum. I think my search skills are weaksauce :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread