26th Jan 2017 - Furious Fusion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
As with @SillySausage, I never seem to learn that the fuel slider in the pit menu is how much fuel you will have after your stop, rather than how much fuel is going in. :banghead:

Does this mean that if you planned to put fuel for 10 laps with the pit strategy, but already have fuel for 10 laps in your tank when you stop (e.g. because you stop earlier than planned), you don't get any fuel? That would explain a lot :hilarious:

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Does this mean that if you planned to put fuel for 10 laps with the pit strategy, but already have fuel for 10 laps in your tank when you stop (e.g. because you stop earlier than planned), you don't get any fuel? That would explain a lot :hilarious:

You are right. I stopped on lap 6 and maxed fuel slider, so that i would have full tank to last whole race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it will be changed for Project Cars 2 :meh:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks @PatatorJohn! Yeah Battenberg and I did the same thing. I needed to put 20L of fuel in but forget to move it from 20L on the slider to my current fuel load + 20L.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, those were 2 races to forget (in fact, I'd almost forgotten about them already).

First race was over when I span following Laiders. First time I've lost control of the car, except for when I tried a stupid setup earlier in the day and it put me near enough last place, waiting for everybody to come through Parabollocker so that I could rejoin without getting loads of people swerving out of my way. I fought my way back up and, with another lap, could have nipped 10th spot but settled for 12th, far from where I knew I could have finished.

Ah well, I can make up for it in the 2nd race.

Or maybe not. Near the end of the first lap I got caught up in the accident that miagi and another guy had, through Ascari. I took so much damage that I went to the pits. Thought I'd got it repaired but I was still down on power and had all the grip of a wet blancmange. Back to the pits, changed the tyre pressures, checked everything was set to be repaired and left the pits .... only to find that the car was still a complete dog's arse to drive. I nursed the car back to the pits and, as I was deciding what to try and do, I gave up. It was going to be my 3rd pitstop in as many laps, with a 4th due later in the race and, really, there's no coming back from that, not even a sniff of 2nd to last spot.

I've just chalked it up as a bad day at the office.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If there is loss of control due to an overtake manouevre hitting you then imo based on our rules its for the overtaking driver to wait.

FYI I've submitted the event to the stewards for clarification. In summary, the answer is "Though aggressive, the move is fine".

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
FYI I've submitted the event to the stewards for clarification. In summary, the answer is "Though aggressive, the move is fine".
I dont see it in the Stewards room but if thats the case Im very disappointed that its ok to hit someone to the point where he loses control of his car and goes off track as described in my previous post with a per second description of the events.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I dont see it in the Stewards room but if thats the case Im very disappointed that its ok to hit someone to the point where he loses control of his car and goes off track as described in my previous post with a per second description of the events.

Not every steward enquiry is public. This is clearly stated in the "How-To" that it can stay hidden (as in this case).
Please have in mind that threads are visible only by the stewards and those parties involved in the incident. Once the stewards have made their decision, all parties will need to agree on whether the conversation is made public. The thread will be closed at this point.

But just a quick reminder, this is not the right place to discuss stuff like that. You have 48 hours time (at the point of the race end) to submit situations like that to the steward room.

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Not every steward enquiry is public. This is clearly stated in the "How-To" that it can stay hidden (as in this case).

But just a quick reminder, this is not the right place to discuss stuff like that. You have 48 hours time (at the point of the race end) to submit situations like that to the steward room.
As I was involved should I not be made aware of the thread / discussion ?

Im happy to continue this elsewhere but stewards room there is nothing for me to contribute to and its past 48 hours.

Public declaration of John he is right and Im wrong does not seem the right approach.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As I was involved should I not be made aware of the thread / discussion ?

Im happy to continue this elsewhere but stewards room there is nothing for me to contribute to and its past 48 hours.

Public declaration of John he is right and Im wrong does not seem the right approach.

PatatorJohn was asking for advice on his own move. It was more a question of clarification rather a steward enquiry. If you had opened the thread it would have been a different story. If you got further questions feel free to PM me, this should not be discussed further on public.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Ninja'd by @t0daY but it's exactly what I was going to say. @SlowBloke you can always come talk to us to get insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread