26th Jan 2017 - Furious Fusion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK, I just ran a 20-minute TT session and although it is possible to get into 'exploit' territory, you will get 1 lap. Just 1. And you will have had to do a dozen "on it" laps leading up to that, without a single error, incident or return to pits. As such, I'm pleased to report that I can't see this being a problem for quali, after all :)

Aha, yes. I didn't realise it was as recent as that :eek:. Cheers Jonno, I knew I wasn't going mad :).

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That will do ;)

In the interest of fairness I think it is worth pointing out another pCars oditiy. Hard tyres are much faster and better in every way I can work out than the soft tyres.

Lap 3 was about the fastest in both TT and free practice for me, have to wait for the brakes and driver to wake up! I never got to the stage of getting faster as the tyres wore, though only did about 8 laps max on them.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.PNG
    IMG_0063.PNG
    586.4 KB · Views: 369

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That will do ;)

In the interest of fairness I think it is worth pointing out another pCars oditiy. Hard tyres are much faster and better in every way I can work out than the soft tyres.

Lap 3 was about the fastest in both TT and free practice for me, have to wait for the brakes and driver to wake up! I never got to the stage of getting faster as the tyres wore, though only did about 8 laps max on them.

That is known and I would have mentioned that on the driver briefing in case some people still do not know. Anyway thanks for the observation :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That is known and I would have mentioned that on the driver briefing in case some people still do not know. Anyway thanks for the observation :)

In the event page would be more helpful next time to give new people a heads up ;)

Drivers briefing would be way too late to learn that, setup and driving style optimised for the soft tyres don't work on the hard tyres.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In the event page would be more helpful next time to give new people a heads up ;)

Drivers briefing would be way too late to learn that, setup and driving style optimised for the soft tyres don't work on the hard tyres.

I disagree. We can't think about everything all the time. You all practice for events and eventually you find out about those things. Or someone will make a post in the thread. We can't hold all your hands all the time :p

And that a setup is working on soft compounds but not on hard compounds is something I do not believe, at least not in Project Cars^^

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I didn't find out about it by practicing, did plenty of that and it's highly unlikely you'd decide to do something that makes no sense and just find it happens to work. I found out by the old thread that was posted.

It's not hand holding to be honest and open about documented exploits. Just like the auto-clutch saga, the old timers always seem to know these things and are quite happy to keep them to themselves until someone finds out.

Believe all you want about the setups, had a super stiff front, soft rear springs/no sway bar to control the traction on the soft tyres. Same wasn't necessary (or quick) on the hard tyres. Plus you've got to get the tyre pressures just right on the hard tyres so they're not either stone cold or overheating within a lap.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't find out about it by practicing, did plenty of that and it's highly unlikely you'd decide to do something that makes no sense and just find it happens to work. I found out by the old thread that was posted.

It's not hand holding to be honest and open about documented exploits. Just like the auto-clutch saga, the old timers always seem to know these things and are quite happy to keep them to themselves until someone finds out.

Believe all you want about the setups, had a super stiff front, soft rear springs/no sway bar to control the traction on the soft tyres. Same wasn't necessary (or quick) on the hard tyres. Plus you've got to get the tyre pressures just right on the hard tyres so they're not either stone cold or overheating within a lap.

Easy Laiders. I could remember because I clicked on jonnotheone's link he posted yesterday. There was a discussion about a race we did, the Stockcar at Willow Springs. This is not keeping secrets, it is more the fact that sadly pC1 has lots of bugs/exploits which we admins can't possibly all remember.

I do not want here again a discussion like we had about the auto-clutch stuff.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Important

Added an Important Information to the OP.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
This all still leaves me confused anyway, if the cars get quicker on worn tyres but they're also quicker on hard tyres then this race might become a bug strategy gamble lol, softer tyres to wear quicker or hard tyres quicker at first but wear much later. :p

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
OMG I totally forgot about ranked events o:O

I will miss this one due to no practice at all. Sorry.

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I am unable to attend this one either got a family gathering in a beautiful place called Boschendal. this evening. Meeting family I do not know or have never met. Anyways it is going to be very cool in a very hot area. Wish you all good luck for tonights race have a blast.

Boschendal-Awards-2014.jpg

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
really? I set a 1m42 lap on a default setup in time trial after just 4 laps driving the combo - my 2nd lap was a mid. 1m43. It's a remarkably safe and easy car to drive, provided you don't constantly stamp on the loud pedal out of corners :).

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I just cant get the fat cow to slow down i hit the brakes and the bi$ch just keeps heading for the desert trolly.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Brake earlier then :) . It took me a lap to work out that the brakes aren't exactly "up there with the best of them" ;). I might cobble together a setup before the race tonight but I'll probably end up just throwing the hard tyres on, maxing out the fuel and seeing what happens :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
really? I set a 1m42 lap on a default setup in time trial after just 4 laps driving the combo - my 2nd lap was a mid. 1m43. It's a remarkably safe and easy car to drive, provided you don't constantly stamp on the loud pedal out of corners :).
I get spins in Parabolica and Lesbos on and on :(

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I can't make it today unfortunately, as I have to step in for a colleague at a company dinner. :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I get spins in Parabolica and Lesbos on and on :(
I've only quoted you because I'm glad not to be alone in calling them that. Though I refer to it as the Parabollocker.

Anyhoo, yes, the back end will come round if you're too eager on the loud pedal but maybe I'm just used to it after the BAC Mono. The thing is, it's remarkably easy to feel it coming round and to do something about it - for me, it's almost like the back end comes round in slow motion, it's far from sudden :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread