26th Jan 2017 - Furious Fusion (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah I also found this combo fairly easy to get the hang of... which probably means I'm way off the pace. Just all about weight transfer, especially when braking @jonnotheone.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I've only quoted you because I'm glad not to be alone in calling them that. Though I refer to it as the Parabollocker.

Anyhoo, yes, the back end will come round if you're too eager on the loud pedal but maybe I'm just used to it after the BAC Mono. The thing is, it's remarkably easy to feel it coming round and to do something about it - for me, it's almost like the back end comes round in slow motion, it's far from sudden :).
Maybe I should try to aid that with less throttle instead of steering only, because that gives me tankslappers too often.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Well, i'm stuck in the mid 1.44's, no matter what I change I can't seem to bring that down :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I put together a hastily "let's see what happens" setup and did a comfortable 1m39.4 lap in time trial (was the 3rd or 4th lap IIRC).

EDIT : On an important note, please, everybody MUST take special care with braking. This car requires quite early braking, so do not barrel into corners thinking "it will stop" because it won't. For instance, you need to be braking at around the 200m board for the 1st chicane and BEFORE the bridge into the 2nd chicane. If you leave it much later than those points, you are likely to rear-end somebody. Especially on the opening lap with cold brakes.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ill have to give this one a miss. my pc has started to just go nuts after a recent update and everything keeps starting and stopping randomly . usbs keep turning on an off programs starting and shunting down on there own soo ill swerve this one

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Puh, what a combination. I need a drink!

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Awesome race, though I'm a bit bitter right now since I had to pit again twice (I didn't got the fuel for some reason), and got 3x penalties, plus made some mistakes by my own. Nonetheless discovering that car, plus the race organization was great, thanks a lot :)

I want your opinion about a move of mine, which wasn't problematic to my taste. However, I've heard from my opponent 'he pushed me', plus an admin backed him up, so I gave the position back, which costed me 3 places. Now that I've seen the replay, I really can't find anything to say to my move. Maybe you guys have seen something different for some reasons:

Another question I have: How do you guys keep the temperatures up during the formation lap? :D
For the two races I've done so far, I'm having hard time to keep a decent pace during the first laps because my temperatures are awfully low.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Not the best couple of races for me. Some good racing with @SlowBloke for a while in race one but race two was a mess from the start for me. Bit of a moment at 24:05 in race 1, thought I'd had it. All good fun though. Cheers all.
Race 1

Race 2

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
I want your opinion about a move of mine, which wasn't problematic to my taste. However, I've heard from my opponent 'he pushed me', plus an admin backed him up, so I gave the position back, which costed me 3 places. Now that I've seen the replay, I really can't find anything to say to my move. Maybe you guys have seen something different for some reasons

You tapped me just before the sharp left and that unsettled my car big time for the next few seconds and resulted in second tap just as we were straightening out.

Felt a complete barge passed me and knocked me off track - over take should be clean or if we are touching no loss of control.

If there is loss of control due to an overtake manouevre hitting you then imo based on our rules its for the overtaking driver to wait.

Edit:
10 Seconds first tap that makes back end my my car slip - and that slip continued until 13 seconds in exactly where the momentum of my cars rear makes my front touch your backend - hence I still dont have control of my car from the tap before and that collision punted me off.

In addition as you do have replay - last lap - first Ascari when you overtook me for 10th place - seemed you went off track upon completing the overtake which if so would mean you should have yielded too. If you did not go off track due to late braking I apologise but thats what it looked like to me.

Last edited:

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@PatatorJohn , From my point of view I saw you battling, 1st section looked good then at exit I noticed both of you going wider and wider and then when you pulled in and @SlowBloke shot off to the right, it seemed to me as you gave him a nudge and he shot off to the right.

BUT now after seeing the video footage I must profusely apologize to you and my call was incorrect. I will learn to rather say nothing the next time I see something like that happen. Sorry buddy.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are up and can be found here. I will also finally update tomorrow the rankings and also add season 1 to it (which includes already the first BAC Mono race and both Ford Fusion Stockcar races). Stay tuned! :)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score

@Seven when you wiggle around like that, distract me and go slow thru that corner. It would be nice if you leave me a little bit more space just in case. I wasn't planing to be side be side with you after the first left corner of Ascari.

Sorry to @Plama for the contact in R1 into Ascari. I couldn't predict that you mess up the entry like that :(

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Fun race for me, it's good to get back on track after not being able to race for a while. Despite having to pit twice in race 2 due to my own stupidity, it was still fun and I got the have a fantastic battle with Blue Monkey race 1 (thanks for that Monkey!)

Here's my highlights video of the night's races:

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
I want to forget this race... It was my first race after upgrading my rig with 2 additional TVs and geforce experience stream decided to not work. I had like 10minutes to find something to stream/record with. New software messed my sounds and in race 1 i was able to hear game sounds, but not CrewChef and TS.
I choose full downforce setup (which felt much safer and even faster in practice), but i couldn't take advantage of it while being stuck in corners with guys who didn't have downforce. DAMAGE was ridiculous. Every bump was costing me 10km/h in straights.
2nd race i got damage after start and decided to pit on lap 6 for fuel. This decision was best thing in the race, cause i had clean air and i could do laps. The undercut let me pass couple of guys, while they were refueling much later.
Anyways, congrats to winners ;)

Last edited:

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1 was uneventful and went ok. Started race 2 on the front row and then didn't allow enough braking with the cold tyres into turn 1 and had to go across the grass. Was waiting for the first few cars to pass to filter in and then saw 4 wide in my mirror and had to get off the track again or cause a huge pile up, which put me near the back. Made some progress to 13th and then @FlyingKman got inside me at the entry to Ascari and I stayed right to give him room and copped a slow down penalty :( then a poor mental calculation meant I didn't put enough fuel in and had to crawl round the last couple of laps and just managed to finish. I wish you just had to put what you wanted to add then you wouldn't have to have a maths lesson.

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
I also went with a high downforce setup, it felt super planted and gave me so much more speed through the corners but it just didn't matter as the lower downforce guys just flew by on the straights (my video shows a really good comparison of this when battling with Blue Monkey).

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Fun race for me, it's good to get back on track after not being able to race for a while. Despite having to pit twice in race 2 due to my own stupidity, it was still fun and I got the have a fantastic battle with Blue Monkey race 1 (thanks for that Monkey!)

Here's my highlights video of the night's races.
Awesome highlights :)

What happened to you with the fuel? Maybe I did the same mistake...

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I enjoyed that one (no surprises there), even if it was a little bit quiet at times. I got quicker and quicker as the evening went on (Race 2 best lap was nearly a second quicker than my qualy time), and I could have been on the podium in Race 2 if I hadn't botched my fuel stop.

As with @SillySausage, I never seem to learn that the fuel slider in the pit menu is how much fuel you will have after your stop, rather than how much fuel is going in. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread