27th Nov 2016 - World Endurance Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was an intense race again, my first win with the rift! :)

Qualifying went better than expected and I managed to nail that one perfect lap without any traffic. Great job by @ramiboo and shame about manus DC.

The start went rather well but ramiboo put loads of pressure on. Nice move there through traffic and I lost P1. I decided to fill up the car during the stop for wets as I knew this would be my weakest part of the race anyway. After the stops ramiboo was 5s ahead and @Elmo and @Cluck about 10s behind. All good so far :) I could slowly catch ramiboo and his unplanned stop for fuel gave me the lead again but cluck was closing in rapidly.

Thankfully the rain stopped and since I didn't need as much fuel I could stay ahead. After clucks crashing I just had to nurse it home. Now I can say it, there where puffs of smoke coming from the engine so I tried my best to keep the engine temperatures down.

Lapping was perfect, great race everyone!

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
I really struggled in this race. Not quite as extreme as the Ford Falcon race at Bathurst, but the car tonight was very different to what I've been driving over the last 48 hours. I tested the same race conditions just earlier today and was putting in 1m46 laps from the start, whilst tonight I didn't even break into the 1m46 territory. The car was, like in the Ford Falcon race, a complete mystery to me in qualifying and, if I'm honest, it felt like it was down on power (but didn't have the cornering performance to suggest that the setup had reverted to default, for example). Feedback through my wheel was 'muted' compared to normal, so it was mostly guesswork trying to drive it.

I was hit by this strange thing too. My best lap was 2s behind what i did in practice sessions. FFB was strange, steering angle was very sharp, it was hard to drive straight on straights, overall car felt like never driven before. As i'm still driving with racing line ON, braking points were also different (as if game loaded racing line for LMP2 class instead of GT3). CrewChief was also saying that i'm on top ten, doing lap times of someones in LMP2.
"Please someone else tell me you saw that Bentley flying around" @jonnotheone, i did, and i was behind it's wheel :D
Overall disappointing race for me. Hopefully i did not ruin someone else's race. Congrats for the winners :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I was hit by this strange thing too. My best lap was 2s behind what i did in practice sessions. FFB was strange, steering angle was very sharp, it was hard to drive straight on straights, overall car felt like never driven before. As i'm still driving with racing line ON, braking points were also different (as if game loaded racing line for LMP2 class instead of GT3). CrewChief was also saying that i'm on top ten, doing lap times of someones in LMP2.
"Please someone else tell me you saw that Bentley flying around" @jonnotheone, i did, and i was behind it's wheel :D
Overall disappointing race for me. Hopefully i did not ruin someone else's race. Congrats for the winners :)
It's better to practice on online servers since FFB seems to be different for online/offline, don't ask me why

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Mate ill get a replay of just how close you were id commited to the corner and nothing was stopping me how you avoided all 3 that was there was beyond me lol..once the rear of that Bentley swaps with the front you cant control it lol....

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I can honestly say i noticed tge car felt diffrent yes id changed car to the audi but it drives practically the same as the mclaren. My wheel felt wrong steering was really sharp in some places and really loose in others. brakes seemed not to be there and i was not getting anywere near full throttle...but hey ho i wrecked ny own race thought id try an get in pits early and change to slicks again.(last time ill take advice from a chicken lol) i used clucks advice saying the rain stops around lap 20 something. thinking in my wisdom ahh the leader is 2 laps ahead rain will stop soon.... Erm no lol so i thought quick slicks on then catch up whilst everyone pits for fuel and tires...i could actualy be in with a top 6 finish here...eerrmmm no lol @FlyingKman that was my car on it roof you saw i tried to turn the fast uphill chicain and car went right on lol and ended my race..fun for awhile tho lol...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY - the qualifying results you've posted on the first page are incorrect. From my video footage the results were as below (confirmed by our starting positions on the grid)

Also, Ramiboo posted the fastest LMP2 lap, with a 1m46.116s lap vs Puffy's 1m46.180 :)

Thanks for the heads up, corrected the results :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@ramiboo Did you record this race at all? Didn't see it on your YouTube channel.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a great race, but I'm pretty miffed. After qualifying in P2 (GT3s) I thought I'd be on for a great race. I got muscled out in T1, so ended up a few places back, but by the rain I was already back on Soulah in P1 and thought I had a better car at the time, given how fast I was catching. So heading into the rain I was in P10, then that pitstop. I came in behind Soulah and then I sat, and sat, and sat even longer. The pit guy in front left, but then I was just sat doing nothing. I nearly quit the race as I thought it must be knackered. According my telemetry, Sect 1 was 2m and 50 secs, which means I had a 2min 30-ish pitstop. When I came out I was dead last!!

It's the first race in a very long time, where I didn't spin. Couple of close calls, so I'm getting more consistent. My pace was very quick, which is even more frustrating with the pitstop. I'd made my way up the field to about 35 secs behind KMan. By the race end I was just less than 20 secs behind. Another 20 or 30 laps and I've had had 1st place ;)

The LMP2s did a fairly good job of passing. Only really noticed one questionable pass, but I'd missed them approaching in my rear view, so partly my fault. All in all, a very enjoyable race, even with the pitstop issue.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, that race was interesting and very demanding keeping the AMG on track. I knew I didn't have any chance of finishing in the middle of the GT3 field, let alone finishing on the podium.

Before the race I told over Teamspeak: "I'll be slow guys". Battenberg replied: "You'll be slow, but you'll sound good" referring to the big engine and brutal sound of the AMG GT.

I started the race actualy quite well as I worked my way up to P13 or so. In the first corners I heard @FlyingKman saying that he was pushed from the left. It took me a little while to figure out @FlyingKman was driving behind so I gave him the position back. In my recording you can see that we had slight contact, but it was never the "banging on @FlyingKman 's door" type of contact. At least, not to me.

Anyway, I rejoined behind @JustG and had a great run trying to chase him. In the first laps I knew I was too slow to be able to compete well, but I never give up. When the rain arrived I pitted in lap 8. Went back on track and I was trying to keep the AMG GT on the road for the next 17 laps. I had @JustG in front of me and @2scoops was all over my back for the biggest part of that stint. You can see me struggling to keep the car on track (check out my steering wheel feedback where you can see I need to correct almost on every corner exit). In the end I have to say @2scoops did a fantastic job pushing me. I was driving like a chameleon: one eye on the road in front of me and the other eye scanning my side and rear view mirror for @2scoops . That.....and having that frightening Z4 engine sound all over my back in that stint, was just something.

After the rain stopped I switched back to softs for the last part of the race and returned in P13. I had a great pitstop, the only thing I forgot was to refuel the car a bit. As I knew I'd never finish the race without a fuel stop, I started pushing and pushing the car to try and create a bigger gap on @JustG who was in P14. I entered the pits, selected the fuel amount and....waited.....and waited......and than got the "wheel nut stuck" message. Eventually I returned in P17 and found @Havocc in front of me. I started to push until I closed the gap on @Havocc. We then had a nice fight for P16 until I finally could complete the overtake. It was a tough, but fair fight.

So I started on P21 and finished on P16. Not bad I guess, but could've been a little bit better if I had a better pitstop strategy and.......tested more in rainy conditions. And......if I'd taken another car :D

But in the end I have to agree with Battenberg: I had a hard time controlling the AMG GT.........but I sounded gooooood ;-)

BTW: I had a little bit of a giggle @Mark Baggaley when you tried to overtake me three times in L11. Sorry for that mate, but it was a bit funny :D

Looked like a good race! I watched from Mo's livestream while doing pc2 things, was actually really cool to see from the rift's perspective! I'll be watching more from you I think Mo :p

@Hobbnob ! Nice I could give you an insight in the world of the Rift. This was however not my best race, but still I brought the AMG GT home. Expect me to stream every online race from now on as I sorted my streaming issues and it looks very stable now.

Last edited:

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I know @MelBonkers I was such a mess in this one. First time racing in the higher class of a multi class race and I was so nervous about the overtakes. I'm normally the one being lapped and used to jumping out of the way.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If anyone has the replay and knows how to share it can i get it please i want to see when the Bentley nearly wiped me out lol..

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
If anyone has the replay and knows how to share it can i get it please i want to see when the Bentley nearly wiped me out lol..
Are you sure you want to see replay? I have it and it's a mess, game mixed up Lmp2 and Gt3 so i see me getting lapped by gt3 while battling with lmp2 :D

Last edited:

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Are you sure you want to see replay? I have it and it's a mess, game mixed up Lmp2 and Gt3 so i see me getting lapped by gt3 while battlinhg with lmp2 :D
Well, that explains everything... :)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Either that or if someone can just record that bit when the Bentley come spinning passed 3 cars lol..made me laugh an crap it at the same time lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread