Project CARS 2 28th Jan 2018: Asia Junior Championship (1 Viewer)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I did an TT lap with a setup. I really like the balance of that one, give it a try. With this car on this track you need to be super smooth. Never push or force the car thru a corner. Glide thru the corner like a pillow on a cloud, super smooth.

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: fab_iceman
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

If there's still space :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I thought the Clucks-Slide-o-Matic is more sophisticated than just smashing your face against the keyboard in the setup menu :pompous:
Not really, no :shame:

I know people still don't believe me when I say I have no idea what I'm doing but I really don't, after all these years. I still drag the sliders around, like a knuckle-dragger, and see what happens. If I like the change, I tweak something else and see what effect that has. Other than simple stuff like downforce, brake bias and radiator/brake ducts, I have no understanding of what all the other things mean or do to a car, they might as well be labelled "Thingy A, Thingy B, Thingy C and so on" for all the difference it makes when I look at them :D

I also don't have the patience to try a setup for 10 or more laps to really get a feel for it. If I don't like it right from the start, I try something else. For me, spending time "in the garage" is wasting time that I could spend on the track actually driving. I found pCARS1 setups a confusing mess, pCARS2 doubly so. I must stress that this is no slight against SMS, it's simply that I don't understand (or want to understand, which is why it's pointless anybody trying to explain it to me!) what it all means.

re. Sugo, I'll grab your setup for the Sugo track and see what it's like. My TT laps are fairly consistent on the default 'loose' setup but it's quite the opposite driving style to the way you describe - I'm hanging the tail out all the time and having a whale of a time doing so :D

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I found pCARS1 setups a confusing mess, pCARS2 doubly so. I must stress that this is no slight against SMS, it's simply that I don't understand (or want to understand, which is why it's pointless anybody trying to explain it to me!) what it all means.
I've setup and tuned a car setup in real life and I can tell you SMS gives very little insight to what those numbers actually mean. Maybe they are not allowed to do it on some cars, sure. But still, spring stiffness, damper rate are really just numbers without knowing motion ratios. Knowing the roll-center of those cars would also be very helpful. Camber Gain, heck at least natural sprung frequency ... Without that and some other stuff blind tests is the best approach imo.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jussis setup calculator has motion ratios, unsprung mass and natural frequency values :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Jussi, the hero of the hour :D

fab. ICEMAN

Staff iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: fab_iceman

If there's still space :)
I'm afraid I have to cancel my sign-up :( The ESL staff just announced the next Go4 Cup tomorrow. They first said there will be no cup tomorrow but now there is. I feel sorry guys but I have good chances to get a spot on the monthly final and I wanna give it a try. I will definitely join the next RSR events if I have the time! Have a good race everyone!

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Nakor
I know I‘m on the reserve list. I will join the briefing and perhaps there is a free slot.

mikeysalmon27

Community Member
Reaction score
it pains me to say it but i have to pull out of this one... any reserve drivers are welcome to take my space;)

Jakeyy

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'm going to pull out of this one, been up all night watching the Daytona race.

Don't want to drift off at the wheel ;)

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
IN =D see you guys tonight... too much flying last 4 days, need some racing (A)

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I’m not able to make tonight now too. Sorry all, I hope there are enough reserves to fill up the grid. Good luck.

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Name: Atmos

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Name: Darksi

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im now back at home, earlier than first anticipated, so im in for both races!

For formality:
Name: Battenberg

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a race setup I could use or know where I can find one? I'm not very good with setting up cars.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Does anyone have a race setup I could use or know where I can find one? I'm not very good with setting up cars.

I'm just using default with less fuel and tyre pressures altered. Otherwise it's a pretty good set up :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey, i has to retire, have problems with my leg and can't drive. Sorry

next month i get i titan update for my hip, then it should work again.
See you then in April

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread