Project CARS 2 28th Jan 2018: Asia Junior Championship (2 Viewers)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My apologies for the confusion at the start, my Rift decided to lose connection to the PC, so the display shut off. 100 yards before the start of the race :(. I supposed I should be thankful it didn't do it 100 yards later, that just doesn't bear thinking about.

Anyhoo, I can't risk it crashing again in the second race so I'm now out, hope race 2 goes well for everybody.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, bit naff from me. Race 1 I simply couldn't get passed, and when I tried I locked the rear axle and had to dive up the inside to avoid a massive crash, didn't try it a third time! Sorry @jamesl91 and @drukqs

Race 2 was ruined by the game giving me a black screen for about 10 seconds. Enough time for the car to crash, thankfully not involving anyone else. After that I embraced endurance spirit and just drove around hoping to gain on other people's misfortune. 20kph down on the main straight was torture, I was 0.8s up on my best in sector 1 and ending the lap 1.5 seconds down on my best. We should have a spirit of the race award and I'd put myself forward for the award lol.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, bit naff from me. Race 1 I simply couldn't get passed, and when I tried I locked the rear axle and had to dive up the inside to avoid a massive crash, didn't try it a third time! Sorry @jamesl91 and @drukqs

Race 2 was ruined by the game giving me a black screen for about 10 seconds. Enough time for the car to crash, thankfully not involving anyone else. After that I embraced endurance spirit and just drove around hoping to gain on other people's misfortune. 20kph down on the main straight was torture, I was 0.8s up on my best in sector 1 and ending the lap 1.5 seconds down on my best. We should have a spirit of the race award and I'd put myself forward for the award lol.

You have my vote!

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Don't worry about it! you showed your sportsmanship by making up for it, you didn't have to let me pass!

Alex Salmon

Community Member
Reaction score
Thanks for another great night of racing guys! Apologies for the start confusion race 1, i didn't want to call green while there was potentially a car sat in the middle of the pack and ruin peoples races so i hesitated.

Second race was a fun one starting from the back. It got a bit jumbled up mid pack causing some traffic jams but it was good. I had massive tyre overheating issues all the race in the hotter conditions i had what felt like one big slide for the whole race - not ideal xD.

Also apologies to Puffy if you think I did anything wrong on T4, I got the cutback on T3 and we were side by side before i got the jump on the breaks and hit my apex. From the replay it just seems you caught the back of my car as you turned in, i never felt a touch either.

Anyhow, many thanks to the staff once again. See you all Thursday :D

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry jamesl91 and drukqs

@Stokemon All good. No harm done. I ranted on the ocasion but we're cool.

Quite cool races, i definitely was not as fast as on Orchen#$#@$*. Nevertheless, had some good battles and im happy with my consistency. Kept myself out of trouble, no big mistakes, no spins, kept my pace, defended my position, hopefully harshly but fairly and ranted a bit more then i probably should on some ocasions, so it's something i need to work on.

I'll see you guys on Thursday!

Last edited:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Provisional results are posted in Post#2.

Career Stats have been updated with the latest races and can be found here. 'Spa 600' and 'Holiday in the Algarve' are both excluded from the Career Stats.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Also apologies to Puffy if you think I did anything wrong on T4, I got the cutback on T3 and we were side by side before i got the jump on the breaks and hit my apex. From the replay it just seems you caught the back of my car as you turned in, i never felt a touch either.
Seems your back stepped out on acceleration, hit my front and send me into the gravel. Guess that’s why you didn’t feel a hit. I don’t see bad intention, I just got the short end of the stick again.

Anyway good battling! I really didn’t want to give you 4 out of 4 with the G40 ;) but good job, you just made less mistakes than me congrats :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
When you are racing for years together and you can trust each other to 110%. At a certain moment, I was just smiling and was purely enjoying being overtaken, I hate you @Puffpirat :)

Plan: Perfect | Preparation: Half a lap | Execution 10/10 | Title: The Perfect Overtake

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had also massive fun with @drukqs who is relatively new to RSR! Was hard but always fair :)

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
tks @t0daY that was a very nice compliment :). I hope we can continue this way, it's very fun to race against you :).

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You have my vote!

Vote from the boss... Life complete! :-D

Don't worry about it! you showed your sportsmanship by making up for it, you didn't have to let me pass!

I don't take any pleasure from winning unfairly. Had to mute my mic to moan at myself after the incident, when you came up behind I knew I was going to let you through for my own sanity.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
@Born2BSlow @atmosfearic34 @djombaslo, the driver briefing is starting any minute :)

Really sorry, but I had a "life gets in the way" moment. The kids asked to go and see the Last Jedi at the cinema as a treat, and the only showing was 17:20 as it's on it's way out...didn't get home until 20:30. Couldn't turn them down sorry. Hope you understand. Will try and make the next one.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Really sorry, but I had a "life gets in the way" moment. The kids asked to go and see the Last Jedi at the cinema as a treat, and the only showing was 17:20 as it's on it's way out...didn't get home until 20:30. Couldn't turn them down sorry. Hope you understand. Will try and make the next one.
Not a problem, this is only racing after all. Just 1 request for the future, could you please let us know on the forum, just incase we have reserves waiting. :)

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
It was very last minute, but I will try to remember to post in future.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Drove this car for a entire season at PRD but I never get tired of it:D

Finished both race on the exact same spot I started them, and the second one is my first top 10 in RSR after Pcars2 released. Didn't do too much preparation for this event, thus I think I probably used the setup for PRD's night race at this track for race 2. My tyres were melting and I had 26% engine damage as I crossed the line. I can catch nobody while nobody can catch me in the late stage of race 2, so I was watching t0day's stream while having a chat with Eugene meanwhile driving:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread