Project CARS 2 28th Sep 2017: 80's meets 90's (1 Viewer)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I have too many phone calls tonight, so I can't stream the 2nd group tonight

Fatih Kursat

Community Member
Reaction score
My game crashed. I wish to be in race longer :sorry:

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So that wasn't the best start to pCars2 hahaha, no setup or practise didn't help. every corner was an adventure into the grass. No matter what I did the back would just lazily spin out, counter steering did little, applying throttle made it a quick spin, holding throttle just made the spin slower, slowing down made the spin shorter.
When Kursat left, I overtook but immediately got a warning from race control to hand the position back... really hard to do when he's stationary & im already half way down hanger straight... so yeah, retired before I was given the disqualification.

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow, intense race guys!
I know the pace difference between both groups was insane and the track wasn't very technical. Glad a lot of people participated in this event, which was a good exercise for trafficmanagement for the upcoming Official RSR League
Among the things I heared, the most that re-occured was "I need a towel / I need a shower" which is great to hear.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry I was off so fast but I had to pee soooooo badly :oops:
Congrats to @w0rthy for the win.
I had way too little fuel in my pit strategy, which made my 2 stop plan change for a 3 stop one.

B

Blue Monkey

One of the worst experiences ever - here some things I noticed (Build 1.3.1 0879):
  • Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo massively OP - it is faster on a single lap and can go longer than ie. Sauber C9 (@w0rthy give more feedback on this please)
  • At least for the Sauber C9, it loves snap oversteers, not recoverable, even with warm tires
  • Group C lights are too short in how far they light up the track
  • In this race, not being able to set pressures during pitstop really was a problem ...
  • Several people got penalties for no reason (see other people's posts)
  • Imo we shouldn't do such small lobbies (18 people)
  • Everyone not having H-Shifter was a lot slower :(
  • I had all the time the message SPEEDING IN PITLANE (see pics below)
  • Some people reported prior to the race, that Random Slot can give you "Snow" - so we manually chose random the seconds slot > "Overcast"
  • Nissan Group A has nearly invisible backlights, they are barely lighting up - could it be because he was ghosted all the time? vlcsnap-2017-09-28-22h44m20s564.png vlcsnap-2017-09-28-22h44m28s549.png

Last edited by a moderator:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick summary:

I choosed the wrong car first... BMW M3 is about 4 Seconds slower per Lap... Sadly i didn't test the other cars before the race. Testet the Nissan for 3 Laps after the Race and i immediatly get a time of 1:35.xxx while my fastest time in Training with the M3 was 1:37.xxx
The Next thing is that my H-Shifter don't shift in Gear 3 and 5 sometimes. It's dirt i cleaned it up some time ago. Now while the Race was progressing i got the same Failure again. So sometimes 3rd and 5th gear didn't engange or it jumoed to N while it was engaged. All this didn't helped me for a good performance :(

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Quick summary:

I choosed the wrong car first... BMW M3 is about 4 Seconds slower per Lap... Sadly i didn't test the other cars before the race. Testet the Nissan for 3 Laps after the Race and i immediatly get a time of 1:35.xxx while my fastest time in Training with the M3 was 1:37.xxx
The Next thing is that my H-Shifter don't shift in Gear 3 and 5 sometimes. It's dirt i cleaned it up some time ago. Now while the Race was progressing i got the same Failure again. So sometimes 3rd and 5th gear didn't engange or it jumoed to N while it was engaged. All this didn't helped me for a good performance :(
Good on you for perservering! Was very admirable to see. :)

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
One of the worst experiences ever - here some things I noticed (Build 1.3.1 0879):
  • Nissan GTP-ZX Turbo massively OP - it is faster on a single lap and can go longer than ie. Sauber C9 (@w0rthy give more feedback on this please)
  • At least for the Sauber C9, it loves snap oversteers, not recoverable, even with warm tires
  • Group C lights are too short in how far they light up the track
  • In this race, not being able to set pressures during pitstop really was a problem ...
  • Several people got penalties for no reason (see other people's posts)
  • Imo we shouldn't do such small lobbies (18 people)
  • Everyone not having H-Shifter was a lot slower :(
  • I had all the time the message SPEEDING IN PITLANE (see pics below)

Can confirm @Blue Monkey
it is realy a (nice) beast.
Very good corner speed, stable on brakes, good tracktion, high topspeed. The group C need a BOP by boost pressure or something else.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
As i already said in TS, the track was nearly perfect for the GTP with the high speed corners and that stuff. Unfortunately a BOP by boost pressure wouldn't have helped much as i was still a lot faster with the GTP with 50% boost than with others with 100% boost.

But i think this is very depending on the track we run the Group Cs, because on real high speed tracks with lots of long straights you will probably have no chance with the GTP compared to some of the LM versions of the other Group C cars.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
What a great race that was. My car suddenly came alive in Qually and it was stuck to the track like superglue! Somehow I managed a 1:04.8 even though I caught a Group A in the middle of Copse(Turn 1).

The start of the race didn't go so well and my finger slipped of my talk button as I was saying green so I hoped I didn't get an advantage because of that. But in the end it didn't matter as after having so much grip in Qually I totally misjudged how much grip I would have into Becketts on the hards and went onto the grass and lost a load of places. I could see Alex pulling away very quickly in front and I was catching Group A's in unfortunate places and thought any hope of a win was gone. So just tried to make as few mistakes as possible which got a lot harder as it got darker (the lights really are almost useless). I cant believe @The Wayfaerer (i think?) was driving in total darkness...seriously impressive! (i think we had a great little battle too?)

Then the pit stops started happening and I seemed to be sitting there forever and regretted leaving the repair options on as I had a few percent engine damage and the same on the front after I took out a bollard. Then after a while I saw the positions and I was in 1st and was totally confused as to how that had happened. After a while I could see Alex catching quickly on his softs and the pressure really started to build. I hoped I had enough of a gap and luckily with a few very hairy moments I managed to stay ahead.
By the end I was totally soaked, I haven't sweated that much in a race since the old days of Grand Prix Legends.

It was a shame so many people got penalties I had to lift a few times to avoid getting some where I'd already lost a load of time after a mistake.

Looking forward to the next one :)! (and cant believe my stream had the steam overlay on top for the whole race!:( )

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a nice race. Didn't went as well as I wanted, but still a fun race. I had some issues with the pitstop as I couldn't select a strategy. I had a 1 sec penalty, but as soon as I crossed the finishline, it showed 35 secs penalty. Looks like the penalty system is not working properly. @xlmJakeyy had the same issue with the penalties not working correctly.

In the end it was just a lot of fun and I have to give credit to the Group A drivers as I can imagine it must've been scary at times when those fast Group C monsters blasted by.......during daylight and at night!

w0rthy

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry I was off so fast but I had to pee soooooo badly :oops:
Congrats to @w0rthy for the win.
I had way too little fuel in my pit strategy, which made my 2 stop plan change for a 3 stop one.

Thank you! I also had the wrong pit strategy and had to stop again making my 1 stop into a 2 stop, my heart sank when my pit crew put down the guns and saluted without changing the tires.

@Blue Monkey In regards to the Group C cars, I've tried out most of them, and the zx just handles way nicer, in addition to having immensely more aero grip at lower aero settings making it absolutely crazy. It can go around 380kph at le mans and corner and brake harder than an r18 which only hits 330kph. The zx should probably be in a class with Formula X :eek:.

B

Blue Monkey

@Blue Monkey In regards to the Group C cars, I've tried out most of them, and the zx just handles way nicer, in addition to having immensely more aero grip at lower aero settings making it absolutely crazy. It can go around 380kph at le mans and corner and brake harder than an r18 which only hits 330kph. The zx should probably be in a class with Formula X :eek:.
Acc. to prc (yes I hear the laughing) it is 2+ sec too fast on Road America. Do you think it needs to be nerfed?
How much did you test the other Group C cars on this track - do other Group C cars need buffing / nerfing?

What do you think of the tires ... Ie. I lose it, it just snaps, I can't catch the car if it starts to spin out - is this realistic or do you also think they should be more catchable?

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Well that was a tough race. My second RSR class win ever and my first in PCars 2!

I put in a lot of practice for this one but didn't expect the class win after a spin on the first lap and the difficult conditions I was racing under. My FPS in the Oculus tanked during the night, my lenses fogged up from the sweat I was pouring out, my game volume was too loud to hear anyone and the temperature completely left my tyres and brakes after the halfway point causing me to spin at the same corner like three laps in a row. Unfortunately Ashnoom and Laiders both had problems during the race who both had good pace which gifted me the lead. I assumed the leaderboard was bugged for most of the race but at the end of my blizzard-like driving experience I'd won my class! Not the most satisfying win but I'll take it regardless.

Here's my highlights:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
The
Acc. to prc (yes I hear the laughing) it is 2+ sec too fast on Road America. Do you think it needs to be nerfed?
How much did you test the other Group C cars on this track - do other Group C cars need buffing / nerfing?

What do you think of the tires ... Ie. I lose it, it just snaps, I can't catch the car if it starts to spin out - is this realistic or do you also think they should be more catchable?

Problem is, if I am not completely mistaken, the ZX-GTP never competed directly against the group C.

@Thomas Sikora: Sorry for snoozing around in the last lap. I should have called out a slow car, but all I could think about at this point was: Fuel is empty, bladder is full. Fuel is empty, bladder is full... :oops:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The

Problem is, if I am not completely mistaken, the ZX-GTP never competed directly against the group C.

@Thomas Sikora: Sorry for snoozing around in the last lap. I should have called out a slow car, but all I could think about at this point was: Fuel is empty, bladder is full. Fuel is empty, bladder is full... :oops:
It did race against 962, XJR-9, etc. in IMSA GT, but it is technically not a Group C car. Regulations of GTP-spec is a bit different from Gr. C, sort of like LMP2 and Daytona Prototype's relationship today, where the international regulated cars can race in America, but American regulated cars can't race in international events, because international regulated cars can fit in American rules, while American cars can't meet international standard, while their performance are still quite similar.

Last edited:

dominiczeth

Community Member
Reaction score
Good on you for perservering! Was very admirable to see. :)

It's not really my case to give up. I tried to get time back so i din't had a Pit Stop. Was a quite bad tactic though, my tires where so worn that i had problems to keep the car on track the last laps. Also the colder track and ambient temperature didn't helped much.

Was Fun anyway. Sorry for the misunderstanding sometimes when the fast Group C cars where lapping. Was hard to judge sometimes where they pass.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
Had it also @ Softs in the zx, i shift earlier in corners then without the turboboost it feels god, means most corners i take in 4th gear, 3rd was difficult.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Had it also @ Softs in the zx, i shift earlier in corners then without the turboboost it feels god, means most corners i take in 4th gear, 3rd was difficult.
Then something with your setup was iffy. For me the car was in rails and I could mostly floor it out of the slowest corner in 2nd gear. (At a modest steering angle)

The 3rd gear corners were just flat out right from the apex.

Users who are viewing this thread