2nd Apr 2017 - 2 Hours Bathurst - Crossover with PRD (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Good racing with everyone again. Got a podium (3rd) which I'm happy about. Thankfully the game decided not to mess with me whatsoever except at the grid start when my car got "stuck" for some odd reason. My mini-keyboard has a hold key function and it was holding the ignition switch for the car and setting it to off. Glad I was able to get it sorted in time and rejoin the parade lap.

I went into this race with a more carefree style than in the past. As I didn't want to get disappointed if I got hit with some sort of bug that would usually just piss me off to no end. So I put in about 30-45min of practice last night. Used @Cluck's reference lap to see what kind of pace I get with. Managed to get down to a 2:03.1 for qualifying which was decent. I also didn't really even think of a strategy either lol. Just went with a one-stop and miraculously my tires lasted until lap 30 when I pitted in. Everyone had very good pace. Also the lapped traffic was fantastic. No issues whatsoever and definitely was the highlight of the race for me. My battle with Fervor was more in time strategy as I did a one-stop and he did 2 which let me take 3rd place. Our pace was pretty much the same which was nice and we had a good battle with all top 5 cars in the beginning.

Overall I enjoyed the race much more since all my efforts did not go down the drain like they usually do lol. Boy though that race was definitely long and I'm glad I was able to cross the finish line. I hope you all had a decent race and enjoyed your self's out there.:)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
This has been a longest race I've ever been racing. I have no idea how did I even menaged to finish it. I thought I would chrash somewhere in the mountain and no one is ever gonna find me, but instead I finished 8th (even I could go better):)

Race begun very good, from 11th place I got to 6th but not for long because in first laps of every race I drive like I never hold a wheel before - so much mistakes. And then battle with Ramiboo started (if you can call it a battle - I just fallowed him). In some point around lap 20 (or maybe earlyer) I had a lot of aero damage of 70% (hit the wall) and needed to pit before I had planned to (I planned one pit stop) because I lose like 2 secs per lap. I got into pit fixed the car, and first lap after that... bum again aero on 92%.... grrrr. OK everything's fine... I need again to pitbox around lap 40 and then I'll fix aero and everything and thatwill be it... But no! I almost chrashed thinking how many litres of fuel to tank... so much calculations and finally I got into pit in lap 45 just to NOT PURE THE FUEL. Game calculates in a way that you put a number how much to have in a tank after, and I calculated in the way that add fuel to amount in the tank. LOL
Aaaa............ OK I stayed calm................ I pitted again just to have enough fuel to come to 59th lap - thank god that first place driver overlapped me.

And what's all with that McLaren's. I would also took Mclaren if I knew it was fastest car (Thank you Cluck :mad: ..... :)) :p

Here's my pov (When YT decide to procces it). Super excited first part - and super boring second.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just seen the combined results. P4 \o/ . Yeah, quite happy with that :).

I watched a bit of the replay last night and I didn't realise how early in the race it was that @Puffpirat made his mistake - missing the bus-stop at the start of the descent - and I forgot to say thank you, again, for him letting me pass. I was happy to let him back through, which he declined, as I didn't think it warranted letting me past but maybe he also didn't want me breathing down his neck for 60 laps :D .

A combination of self-inflicted errors and pushing the car too its limits meant my pace started to drop off a lot faster than Puffy's and he started to reel me in, and finally take back his 1st place, not long before the first stop. Realising, at the start of the race, that it was 1+59 (not the 1+49 I thought it was :confused:), I had to adjust my fuelling in the stops. As well as the tyre pressures. Given that I qualified 2nd, I was sat in my pitbox, wasting precious seconds, whilst I made those changes. The upshot of that was that I came out of the pits some 12 or 13 seconds behind Puffy, a gap that I knew was going to be too much to reel in. I held station, closing the gap, down to 8 seconds but 3 or 4 laps of getting traffic at the worst moment saw that gap grow back to 12 seconds. On lap 50, I realised the chances of catching - let alone passing - Puffy were next to zero and, with a 1 minute gap to Mo in P3, I popped into the pits for some fresh rubber to have a bit of fun in the remaining 10 laps (#forthegiggles). Clean tyres, 43L of fuel, 10 laps and a nicely rubbered in Bathurst. A match made in heaven :D.

Massive congrats to Puffy for the lobby win, as well as to Mo for his very well deserved P3. Congrats as well to Fiskerton for his win in the other lobby, as well as @t0daY and @falcon2081 for the other podium spots.

2 hours of Bathurst really is a gruelling effort, at the best of times. The added challenge (and frustration at times!) of the slower class in the same race was inspired and really made it that extra bit special. Thank you again, to the BMW 1M (yes, 1M and not M1, as most people called it :p) drivers for their courtesy to the GT3 guys throughout the race. It took me a few overtakes to settle in to being patient and realising "Well, Puffy is getting the same problem so don't worry about it Cluck" :).

I won't be uploading my video - it will literally take 2 entire days of uploading on my crap connection :eek:

Finally, hats off to @SillySausage for starting the race at local time AND finishing at what must have been gone 6am :eek: #respecttotheaussie.

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow wow wow! What......a......race! First of all I set my fastest lap time quali of all my practise laps the last couple of days in the qualifying session: 02:03.381. I was really surprised I got that out of the car. And others were surprised too......thanx for the vote of confidence there Puffy :D.

I had quite a good start, I could hold on to P4 just after the start (poor Morvic hit that M1 on the grid giving me P4, sorry mate). Battling in the first two laps with Nooonotreally was something........and at that point I didn't know I'd meet Nooonotreally later in the race more often than I wanted. That slipstream in L1 going side-by-side through the chase was just something! As soon as I passed Nooonotreally in lap 2 (outside of T2) I tried to run away. In the meantime I had wrxbuddy and GosuNoob chasing me. I could slightly build up a gap, but it was never comfortable enough. The first part of the race went really well and I think I only had contact with the wall once after I overtook Nooonotreally in L2. My top speed was effected just a little bit, but I could reach 290 still. My plan was to drive as long as I could on my full fuel tank and change for tires once. I even got to lead the race in L30 and pitted at the end of L31.

I rejoined in P6 behind SillySausage. In L37 Nooonetreally rejoined behind me after his pitstop with a gap of less than 4 seconds. From then on it was like a 23 lap qualifying session for me. Trying to escape the claws of that big might Bentley. With my top speed I could stay ahead of him, but that Bentely was really really fast going down hill. What didn't help me was hitting traffic in difficult parts of the circuit. When I came upon MECZero going down hill in L41, I lost my 3 second gap with Nooonotreally. From then on I had one mission: STAY IN FRONT OF THE BENTLEY :D. The gap stayed just over 1 seconds for the remainder of the race and I was pushing in every part of the track and trying not to hit a wall. This continued lap after lap after lap. Until we came behind MECZero in L52 and I lost the car in the sharp left hander going up the hill and kissed the wall. Nooonotreally took 3rd place and I thought NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I damaged my car in that instant, but tried to keep pushing and hoped the damage wasn't that bad. On the long straight my car could do 285 from then on. I also suspect I had some engine damage as I was seeing small puffs of smoke when I looked behind me. I tried to hang on and managed to close the gap in L56. We then had a run up T2 and I positioned my car on the outside just like in L2 of the race and managed to complete the overtake. Now I had 4 nerve wrecking laps to keep Nooonotreally behind me: that Bentley was bloody fast going down hill! We had a slight touch going through the chicane in L58, but Nooonotreally gave back the position (awesome gesture!). The last lap was nerve wrecking and I had to go slower than I wanted down hill to not screw up the podium finish. In the end I finished 3rd (P7 combined results!) with less than a second seperating us. Now THAT was intense! What a race! What a race! What a race! Nooonotreally, thank you VERY much for such an awesome race! This has to be one of my best RSR-races to date. I just love Bathurst!

In the last lap I thought Nooonotreally and were going side by side through the chase (you hear me lift the throttle going into the kink), but from the live feed I saw went a little bit too much to the left. If that move was too harsh, then I think Nooonotreally deserves P3 and I'm happy to have battled all the way for P4!

EDIT: Thanx for the two commentators in the live stream. It was great watching it after the race and reliving some of the exciting moments of the race. I liked the overlay, thank you!

Here's my live stream of the race. Race starts at 31m00s.

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My PoV of the race
First time racing in a endurance race. Definitely a wrong car choice: thought Z4 will give me some advantage on the mountain, but its top speed on the straight is even slower than 1Ms. Also first time race in a event that allows custom setups, no idea how to tune the car. Cut the first downhill corner a bit several times because of losing the car, hope I won't get any penalty for that:p

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Ohhh great just seen the combined result that made me happy (NOT) i probbly could of won it outright... Ahh well no point dweling on the past...lets get the next one up... Btw @steveg200 that setup was mega man thanks for sharing it with me...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Oh and by the way, even without the fresh tyres at the end, I still would have had the fastest lap of the race :D . So there :p. Downside to driving like this is that my tyres were shot - got the tell-tale FFB rumble on the left/right at the end of Conrod - at the end of lap 29.

EDIT : Forgot to add, massive thumbs up to those guys in lobby 1 that got sub-2m02 times. That's some seriously quick driving guys, well done :). I tried going out, near the end of the qualifying session, with fuel for a single flying lap and - you guessed it - caught up with a 1M at the start of the mountain. Game over, back to the pits with my 2nd place on the grid already secured.

EDIT : Here's my cockpit recording of the above lap

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just watched lobby 2 great stream guys and some fantastic racing by all.. Well done...

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I must say, never ever choose McLaren again.. either stick with Aston or Bentley! Preferably with Aston as this car brings me luck :D
The races level was really good, the racing was so clean and competitive. But I didn't enjoy it for myself because of the mistakes I made and my clumsiness :( I had luck in no luck to be fair, I smashed the wall so many times and yet could drive not so slower than on normal car.. that's why I was asking if damage was on. If not the damage, I would've done an easy 1 stopper.
But I wait for more GT3/other classes (maybe LMP2/1?) events as I just enjoy them the most!

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
And, of course @SillySausage man great battles! You were so fat on the track I couldn't get past you :dead::D

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Just watched your race @jonnotheone absolutely gutted for you mate.You should have won that

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A little bit late, but rather late than never :)

First of all many many thanks to PRD, many many thanks to every RSR member who made this possible. It was amazing and I am looking forward for the next crossover event on the 29th of April!

My race was really smooth without any bigger issues. Qualified 3rd with a 02:02.228 I believe which was already 0.5sec faster than my PB in my practice. Still only third, Bullett and Fiskerton (both PRD) were in front of me. Start was very good until turn 1. I touched Bullett's rear a tiny bit which gave me enough aero damage to lower my topspeed to 284kph, instead of 291kph!

Till lap 16/17 I had a very close battle with Bullett but on the Hill section he lost it and then we touched slightly which ended badly for him. Now P2, I was trying to close the gap to Fiskerton which was around 11 seconds. On lap 25 he went to the pits and I decreased the gap by then to 6 seconds. I went for the overcut because there was really no one in front of me. On lap 31 I came for my pit stop. Very horrible pit stop... First of all I missed the entry slightly and nearly span entering the pits. After that I refueled 20 liters too much. Last but not least my pit crew "lost a wheel nut" which penalized me with another 5-10 seconds.

This been said the gap after my pitstop was about 21 seconds to Fiskerton, thanks a lot! :D I gave my best and pushed as much as I could, by the end of the race the gap melted down to 5 seconds but still not enough. P2 in the end, I am very happy actually. Feels like a victory to me!

The overall racecraft was brilliant. Here and there some little mistakes but all in all very enjoyable to drive with both PRD and RSR people. Lapping was also very good and the most fun was actually. Even if they held you up in the mountain section, it felt so real, so good, just awesome.

Once again many thanks to everyone who attended. If you find any missspellings or strange grammar structure, just keep them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread