2nd Mar 2017 - IMSA Weather Tech (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony hys

Community Member
Reaction score
OK no ! I wont make it, after a hour and a half of testing and slowing myself down to 2:11/2:12's instead of 2:09's the car still won't do what I expect, and i am visiting the scenery every second lap, so rather than wreck someones evening I will sadly pull out.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do you want my setup to try? The only time it's "sketchy" is the fast right-hander ('Kink') after Carousel on the back part of the track but, otherwise, despite having 0 wing, it feels extremely 'planted' for me :).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Do you want my setup to try? The only time it's "sketchy" is the fast right-hander ('Kink') after Carousel on the back part of the track but, otherwise, despite have 0 wing, it feels extremely 'planted' for me :).

I would take it aswell! :D

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
Do you want my setup to try? The only time it's "sketchy" is the fast right-hander ('Kink') after Carousel on the back part of the track but, otherwise, despite have 0 wing, it feels extremely 'planted' for me :).

Well chickens usually peck around the shrubbery so everything must seem planted to you:watching::hilarious:

Sorry MR CLUCK could not resist again

stolnikas

Community Member
Reaction score
Add full wing and that "Kink" will be go easy-peasy :)
@Tony hys make sure you maintain 110 celcius temps in your tyres (lower, the tyre pressures), as this car likes it a lot ;)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Add full wing and that "Kink" will be go easy-peasy :)
@Tony hys make sure you maintain 110 celcius temps in your tyres (lower, the tyre pressures), as this car likes it a lot ;)
Well, yes, but that will also slow you down for 99% of the rest of the circuit ;)

I'll upload the setup when I go home for lunch (read: "shortly" !!). It's not a setup created from any sense of knowing what I'm doing (because, trust me, I really don't), I just dragged stuff around until stuff seemed to "work". Now, I should also add, I have NOT tested this setup in race conditions at all :D . I've only been doing "willy waving" exercises in time trial ;).

Tony hys

Community Member
Reaction score
cheers for the effort guys but I like to be comfy with a car before banging doers ;)

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
cheers for the effort guys but I like to be comfy with a car before banging doers ;)
Give the pre-event test a go and see how you feel then.

It's a real bugger of a car and tricky to keep on the black stuff at times, for all of us. My setup (more than willing to share) is pretty rock solid everywhere on the circuit apart from the fast right (like Cluck). I'm running 2 wing, so you won't get top pace, but I managed a low 2:05 with it yesterday.

Only big problem I have with the setup is that if you get out of shape, it'll spit you off quite violently. Any help on calming that down would be appreciated.

... make sure you maintain 110 celcius temps in your tyres (lower, the tyre pressures), as this car likes it a lot ;)
Ahhhhh, good to know. I was keeping mine low 90s yesterday.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
4 crashes in 6 laps :( That Audi is my bogeycar. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but that car is no fun to drive at all. Bleh. Hope you all had a good race though.

Edit - I got an unhandled exception when I tried to spectate, so I had to quit the game. Sorry for the disconnect!

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Stupid game gave me rain tires two times in a row despite having selected hard slicks. :(
Crashed because the tires obviously overheated massively and then retired to pits.

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
excelent combo...i like it.
have found also very very nice setup. Could go the pace of top10 and had nice battle with K-Man...has to repeat it next time ;)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
I was 4th :mad:

:p

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Keep the videos coming from the last event guys! Was really awesome to watch the streams while I was at bed.

Good news, we are rescheduling the event for the 2nd March 2017. See you all next week :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I started posting this earlier, but my whole village lost power as I was in the middle of putting the post up. Had no power for nearly 4 hours :(

Here's the current setup I used for the 2m01 laptime in timetrial

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
Here is my footage from tonight. It was amazing whilst it lasted and I cannot wait to redo this combo.

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty miffed at old Steam. Quality P2, then P1 by the first corner and able to keep a good lead. Well I say "good lead", I was just keeping ahead by about 1 sec.

Was hopeful of my first victory, and it was looking good. Damn you Steam and your shocking system!

Here's hoping for next time...

On the plus side I figured why my streaming is dropping the FPS so badly. It's actually Sim I've taking 30% cpu. With about 40% for pCars, it doesn't leave enough headroom for OBS. So it's vibration or streaming for now...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well I'm pretty miffed at old Steam. Quality P2, then P1 by the first corner and able to keep a good lead. Well I say "good lead", I was just keeping ahead by about 1 sec.

Was hopeful of my first victory, and it was looking good. Damn you Steam and your shocking system!

On the plus side I figured why my streaming is dropping the FPS so badly. It's actually Sim I've taking 30% cpu. With about 40% for pCars, it doesn't leave enough headroom for OBS. So it's vibration or streaming for now...

You have got a nvidia gpu? If yes you could use NVENC codec to relieve your cpu?

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

Can you not use your GPU to do the streaming and not the CPU?

MikeyTT

Community Member
Reaction score
Pass, I dunno. I just followed a guide a while back and stuck with it. I'll look into it tho, thanks guys.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread