2nd Oct 2016 - Clio Cup Italia (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
That was incredible fun, really happy with two poles and two podiums. I feel like I had the pace to snag a win in one of the two races but it was incredible.

Really sorry @t0daY for the contact in race 1, I need to review the video but at the time I was attempting to pull out of the overtake and go behind you for the racing line, think I just misjudged it.

First 15 laps or so of race 2 were also super close, @Alex Salmon was keeping me, @t0daY and @Puffpirat behind and it was so close, 3 wide at one point on the run down to turn one.

Videos include qualifying
Race 1:
10:00 Start of Pole Lap
15:08 Race Start
20:19 Collision with Manu

Race 2:
5:24 Start of Pole Lap
14:32 Start of race (and start of 15 laps of very very close 4 way battling)

Last edited:

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Not the best night for me but still fun as always. Here's a quick video just showing what happened at the start of race 2, very sorry to whoever I rear-ended, completely out-braked myself.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Crap evening from me. I was in the wrong place at the wrong time (a few times, actually) in race 1, damaging my car in avoidance; and got lag bombed in race 2. Shame. Hoping for more luck on Thursday.

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
Even-though I was last it was a amazing first race-night for me. Thank you everybody for being so nice to me.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well first race was not the best for one *hust* @Pamellaaa *hust* but could save my broken car still to 11th. Second race was way to intense the first 15 laps. @Alex Salmon @Puffpirat @Pamellaaa and @ramiboo that was way to awesome! Videos will be up later, you have to see that :) :)

After @Pamellaaa undercut I was down to 3rd (from 2nd) but somehow I was a little bit quicker in the rain conditions than Pamellaaa and @Puffpirat. I could close the gap and started fighting for P2 with Pamellaaa. Under those circumstances @Puffpirat could increase the gap and secured his second win of the evening. I could overtake @Pamellaaa and secured P2 in the end.

All in all a very nice event, very nice car control from everybody, not as many crashes as I personally expected. Well done to all of you :)

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What an evening. I wasn't really in good mood when I joined you guys, bit weak from the flu but mainly still super bummed about Lewis engine failure.

The first laps in the clio didn't really change that :p but besides the teasing you dirty sobs (;)) you kept my head up and helped with the setup. That was some RSR spirit right there again :)

After two catastrophic practice races that both ended in the wall of the chicane, I stepped back and adjusted my approach. I knew I was missing some ultimate pace so I tried to stick with the likes of @Pamellaaa, @t0daY and @Photonenbert and just hope for a clean race and good finish, thought maybe collect a podium.

First qualifying went ok, P6 behind the admin crew which luckily meant the inside lane into T1. There was a bit of confusion and I could slip through the inside and was P4 behind Manu and Pam and Photon. Just tried to stick with em because suddenly I was doing laps that where half a second quicker than in practice. Behind us but luckily not in the slip stream was @ramiboo lurking for us to make a mistake.

Well you saw above that that mistake happened. From there on it was a long 15 mins to bring it home. I think the battle for P2 between ramibooooo and Pam safed me because the gap was almost down to two seconds but briefly went up to 5 again. A thank you to Pam (joking) and everyone for managing the traffic so well! Felt sorry for @SaltPacket and @EliteGT33 for interrupting their battle but the last thing I wanted was the guys in my slipstream :p

I must say I learned a thing or two during the first race and it started "clicking" which meant P2 on the grid for race 2. Don't know if my start was super bad but there where cars flying past me off the line it felt like I was in reverse. As opposed to Vettel i could hold the inside line into turn 1 ;) after @ramiboo's drive through we had a 4 way battle for the lead with @Alex Salmon, manu and Pam, awesome stuff, so much awareness and respect, watch the videos, it was utter utter brilliant! The battle commenced till the rain started where I could jump manu and Alex who both had a bad run out of the chicane and into the inlap.

While I could keep the lead Pam tried the undercut and managed to jump the two which safed my ass for the rest of the race because their battle meant I could escape the slipstream.

Such a great end to a day that started so badly. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i had fun last night even tho i started strong and ended up at the back it was all fun a n a great little battle with @NemethR who i politly asked to sod off as he was making me nervous lol and low an behold his presence got the better of me as i was looking back when i should of been looking forward coming to the chicain and after that a few lags in race 2 saw me slip from 9th to 16th and after that i just managed to keep @SillySausage behinde me untill i think he had a incident but another finish in my usual spot (at the rear lol) bring on next event..

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Not a brilliant night for me, ended up in the wall at the chicane in race 1 and knackered the steering and decided to retire because if I had tried getting through the chicane i wouldn't have been very popular. Race 2, turn 1 was just one big lag spike for me, I was approaching, then jumped to me being on my roof and then upright again. Managed to recover to 9th by the end.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's the video for race 2 from my perspective. It was a good race, made it difficult for myself with a jump start. I worked out after my rubbish start in race 1 that manual clutch in this car was not a good thing, I mean come on PCars, it's a front wheel drive car with 200+hp, you'd have thought you could light the tyres up from a standing start at least. So for race 2 I thought that auto clutch was better as it would slip the clutch a bit. I set the clutch to auto at the end of Quali. When we transitioned to the race and the red lights came on I selected first gear with my foot on the brake, the car immediately stalled!! :mad: I dipped the clutch manually and started the car, revved it up and in the rush I jumped the start. Looking at Pam's video I hit his car, but that was not the case in my vid. I just thought to get out the way as fast as possible and do the drive through at the end of lap 1. From then on it was head down and get on with it. I'm surprised and pleased with 4th in the end, was under 5 seconds from Manu towards the end too. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread