Assetto Corsa Competizione 3 Hours of Nurburgring (hosted by RCI) (1 Viewer)

3 Hours of Nurburgring (hosted by RCI)
Posted by Tom
Assetto Corsa Competizione
Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 16:00
Until: Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 19:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Did other splits get thunderstorm too?
Screenshot_1.png

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
You were in our split
Yeah :dead:
Post automatically merged:

What an amazing race, big thank you to my teammate @hinesy32, you did a brilliant job mate.
Congrats to all rsr cars

Last edited:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What an amazing race, big thank you to my teammate @hinesy32, you did a brilliant job mate.
Congrats to all rsr cars

Yea, I really enjoyed that, great job mate. Opening laps were crazy. Will do a full race report in the next day or two. Roll on next weekend :cool:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So jumping from the VEC preseason race 2 to the RCI race was fun :-D. @JetPistol did an amazing job putting in a solid qualification and running the first 2 hours of the race. He got crashed out of a leading position twice by the same guy and had an amazing fight with two Porsches in the second hour of the race. I loved watching that!

I jumped in the car in the last hour of the race.....and it was very wet :-D. This was my first wet multiplayer race in ACC. @JetPistol did an amazing job with the setup. The car in the wet gave me so much confidence. I was running quite high TC and ABS and was able to do 2m08/2m07. The first two or three laps were interesting as I was exploring the track. But @JetPistol calculated the perfect tire pressures with which I could have fun :-D. Feeling the car dance on the puddles and catching those dances is just soo rewarding! We were running P4 at that moment and I could already see that P2 had a 130s stop and go penalty.

Sadly just past the halfway of my stint, I suddenly lost the car in the Schumacher esses and kissed the wall on the right side. The right side felt damaged, but we continued without stopping and I tried to bring the car home. My lap times dropped to 2m10/2m11, but in the end I got the car home. What an amazing experience this was! I absolutely loved to race in the rain and the AMG is just such an amazing car.

And after the finish we found out that P2 got DSQ due to not performing the 130s stop and go which meant we finished P3 overall and P1 in class! And RSR Red finished P5 overall, P3 in class, so TWO RSR cars on the podium! Hell yes!!!!

Thanx again @JetPistol for a brilliant experience, setup and coaching me throughout my stint. I'd love and hope to race with you in the future mate!

Congrats to all RSR teams for bringing home all our RSR-cars!

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
That gt3 ferrari was really crazy :banghead:

Anyway were are results?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score

FlyAxL

RSR Academy
Reaction score
805550_20200913014251_1.png
This was my first team race and i must say that i enjoyed it evewn if the start was akward; flooded circuit with thunderstorm. I thanks my teamate for the awesome job they did i got the car in pretty good conditions, this was the last stint and the rain was lowering; we were P5 in class. Unluckily, I got control locked for 3min30 at the driver switch.I still cannot explain what happened, I got switched to a running car...Well i then had a pretty lonely stint only had some gt3 lapping me and lapped a backmaker.
805550_20200913014424_1.png
In the end i had to get in wet part if the circuit to get tires pressure right but all in all its been an easier stint for me than for my teamates that had horribles conditions. P8 in class not that bad knowing we lost more than a lap due to a bug. Great job to everyone who participated in the event.
805550_20200913015049_1.png

drukqs

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
it was a great job by everyone in my team and i'm quite happy with what we achieved, good job guys!

as for the 'bug' the 3min wait was because you pressed return to garage @FlyAxL which basically returned our car to garage in a toe truck :p.
Technically speaking you were already driving our car, simply the game for some reason selected another car for you to watch, while you were already in command of our car :/.

For everyone benefit, if this happens, you'll need to return to 'your' car: i'm still not sure if cycling through your cameras does it (default keybind F1) or cycling through the cars does it: (shit+arrows).

It is a wierd bug and we didn't understand during pracc when @Havocc said that he was 'in a Bentley'. when we pracc driver swaps.
In anyway something to take care and pay attention in future endurance races.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
For some reasons i can't record videos while running hdr, wanted to report some incidents but couldn't

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Decent race yesterday @Svale started P25 got up to P16 and then 40 minutes into the race got hit by a Bentley and we had to pit for repairs then I came in after the pits stop to do a double stint but we came out on dry tyres and the rain started to get heavier and heavier so we needed to pit for wets and after that it was just bringing the car home. It was a very consistant double stint from with some adventures on the grass and some half spins but I'm happy with how I did considering I haven't done a proper race in heavy rain on the game. In the end we got up to P18 (P10 in class) and most importantly we got some expirience out of this race.

All in all great fun and can't wait to race again :cool:

I want to thank RSR for making this possible and letting us drive under the RSR name. I hope we get a better result for RSR the next time!

Users who are viewing this thread