30th Jul 2017 - Visa Sports Car Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Hopefully we have 10+ drivers should be a lot of fun :playful:

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Last week we were 28. I am confident we are hitting 20 again :)

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
If anyone can recommend a set up, it would be appreciated...I'm struggling...again:)

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
At least for the McLaren the default setup is a good point to start, i only adjusted tire pressures and added a click of rear wing and i'm currently doing low 1.18s (I don't know if that is fast or not because i don't have any reference until now)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
At least for the McLaren the default setup is a good point to start, i only adjusted tire pressures and added a click of rear wing and i'm currently doing low 1.18s (I don't know if that is fast or not because i don't have any reference until now)
You are good since I can only do low 1:21 ;)

Topsie

Community Member
Reaction score
I tried my own set up - cant remember what I changed as was around 1:19. Guess its just a bit of practice in the night. Car just does feel like it has any front end grip. Should be fun though

steveg200

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I haven't tried the McLaren yet but the Mercedes seems quite well balanced,managing to get in the 1.18 pretty constantly

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah default setup is well balanced in the F1. Only adjusted tyre pressure, LSD and rear sway bar. Adjusted it to my personnal preference. My biggest struggle is brake balance/pressure and not crashing while tyres and brakes are cold. What should be the optimal temperature for GT1 brakes? Are they made of steel or carbon? They seem to bite and heat a lot...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My practice consisted of all of 2 laps in tt with the merc default setup and no assist's
Think it was a 19.4 or 5 thats me done with testing...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah default setup is well balanced in the F1. Only adjusted tyre pressure, LSD and rear sway bar. Adjusted it to my personnal preference. My biggest struggle is brake balance/pressure and not crashing while tyres and brakes are cold. What should be the optimal temperature for GT1 brakes? Are they made of steel or carbon? They seem to bite and heat a lot...
It may be worth you lowering the brake pressures and move the bias forwards. try adjusting the pressures lower if you locking up, you will obviously have to brake a bit earlier but you wont lock up as much.

Small tweaks normally does the job with the brakes. I will be on tonight to do some practice so if your on il see if i can help you out.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Taorminator i have my brake temps somewhere around 700° C and after about 20 laps i have a wear of 1 or 2 %, so i think you can go high with brake temps

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
i will be on tonight practising. I haven't done any yet, not sure what car to use either
Okay. I will see you later today for some practice for the race. And I don't know which car I going race yet

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Okay. I will see you later today for some practice for the race. And I don't know which car I going race yet
no problem, i will be on in a couple of hours

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
It may be worth you lowering the brake pressures and move the bias forwards. try adjusting the pressures lower if you locking up, you will obviously have to brake a bit earlier but you wont lock up as much.

Small tweaks normally does the job with the brakes. I will be on tonight to do some practice so if your on il see if i can help you out.

Ok! :) unfortunately I won't have time tonight but thank you for proposing your help :) I still lock up easily with 78% pressure which sounds super low to me...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Anyone know what the race pace is gona be??

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am doing low to mid 1.18s as race pace, don't know what other people are capable of

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread