30th Jul 2017 - Visa Sports Car Championship (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am doing low to mid 1.18s as race pace, don't know what other people are capable of
Iv done a 1:18.4 with 75litres but as this is the first night practising with these cars, i should be able to improve a bit more. i think a 1:17 is possible

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
i can do a 1.18.1 in the merc with full tank.. a mid 1.17 is possible..
20170728205551_1.jpg

Last edited:

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Seems that I'm waaaaaay off pace :( need to work on it now :D

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
I know I said I wouldn't miss it, however I completely forgot I've got stuff to do with my band when this event happens. So sorry guys, will definitely be there for the next event in August! :D

Freak Superman

Community Member
Reaction score
I will be stream the race tomorrow on mixer. And I will download the stream and edit it to put on my YouTube channel

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In terms of outright pace, expect a 1m14 for quali with race pace hovering around the mid-1m15s mark in clear air (I just started a race in race conditions and did a 1m15.5 on my 2nd flying lap, after the parade lap, starting from 100L). That's with the Macca, which is an absolute joy to drive.

EDIT : Whoopsie, I just did a 1m14.45 lap in TT :D

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
In terms of outright pace, expect a 1m14 for quali with race pace hovering around the mid-1m15s mark in clear air (I just started a race in race conditions and did a 1m15.5 on my 2nd flying lap, after the parade lap, starting from 100L). That's with the Macca, which is an absolute joy to drive.

EDIT : Whoopsie, I just did a 1m14.45 lap in TT :D

thats crazy pace!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Admittedly, a mid-1m15 lap on a near-full tank wasn't far off being an ideal lap but, if you're consistent, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that lap after lap after lap (it wasn't exactly a 'balls to the wall' style lap, like the TT lap above). Realistically, I suspect the average times will be high 15s rather than mid-15s.

Tyre temps looked OK for the few laps I did and fuel certainly isn't a concern (90L should comfortably finish the race, with fuel left over). This race is going to come down to consistency and consistency alone.

I won't go into the full detail of the setup but the wings are maxxed out, gearing is default, as are the damper settings (all that slow and fast bump stuff that I can never get my head around)

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Admittedly, a mid-1m15 lap on a near-full tank wasn't far off being an ideal lap but, if you're consistent, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to do that lap after lap after lap (it wasn't exactly a 'balls to the wall' style lap, like the TT lap above). Realistically, I suspect the average times will be high 15s rather than mid-15s.

Tyre temps looked OK for the few laps I did and fuel certainly isn't a concern (90L should comfortably finish the race, with fuel left over). This race is going to come down to consistency and consistency alone.

I won't go into the full detail of the setup but the wings are maxxed out, gearing is default, as are the damper settings (all that slow and fast bump stuff that I can never get my head around)
well i can manage a high 1:17 on race fuel if i get a clean lap. Im going to try and improve my setup. Im loosing atleast half a second in sector 2, mostly at corkscrew

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I have done 5 laps no practice at all no setup changes this should be fun that's why I'm here :D

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to say this this late I won't make it real life stuff came up such a shame sry again :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had to retire to the pits, got a super annoying headache which makes driving unpleasant... Apologies to @ProjectPD for the contact in turn 1, was too late on the brakes :(

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ah is that what that bump was?

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race. The early laps, nose to tail with Puffy were just insane. I had a spin coming out of one of the early corners, which gave Puffy some breathing room but, I was soon hounding him again. Lap after lap, we were giving it everything we had, with Puffy finally yielding P1 at the first corner. Misjudging a back marker, I went wide at the 4th-gear right that leads up the hill to the corkscrew, giving Puffy the place again. Seeing ProjectPD closing fast, I knew it was only a matter of time before he passed us, so I dived into the pits for a fresh set of tyres and set about holding onto 3rd place.

Coming out of the pits, sideways (that's what cold brakes will do for you :D), I noted that SillySausage was just a few seconds back. No time to think, I had to get on the pace and get on the pace I did. Quickly recovering all the time I'd lost to Puffy, he let me past - ever the gentleman driver that he is - and I set about trying to close the gap to ProjectPD. I knew I wouldn't catch him, let alone pass him but personal pride was at stake, nothing else. The gap would have been under 10 seconds, were it not for a lagged ProjectPD car going backwards on the S/F straight, driving straight into me. Ah well, I still more than clinched 2nd spot and missed the fastest lap by a whisker.

Hats off to ProjectPD, his quali lap was just bonkers fast. He carried that through to the race too, damn him :D

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
What a race. I almost gave up before starting, because I trained with the Merc. :eek: I wasn't able to drive more than a few laps on he Merc without spinning somewhere. But thanks Cluck for mentioning the McLaren I was able to quickly find a nice setup today and joined with this.
So in the end the race was much fun, thanks mostly for the fair races with FreakSuperman, 118 and Darksi - the other drivers I saw just quick when they lapped me :)

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Didn't do much practice besides several time trial laps with a wrongly tuned setup, struggle a bit with the brakes in qualify and early stage of the race, then suddenly felt the right force I should apply to brake pedal around lap 10:D Didn't really expected to do a pit stop before the race (since I was unprepared), so I set "change tyres" to "no", when front tyres worned out then pitted on lap 21, I forgot to turn it on, then I have to get into the pits again next lap. I started chasing cars in front after midway through the race, made several silly mistakes or could have catch Steveg:D Generally a rather interesting race since I have never driven GT1 cars before, thought that it could be a boring race where it will be difficult to overtake since you need to control your brakes while overtaking someone on corner entry, but it turned out to be pretty interesting:)

And here is probably my best shot from Pcars 1: My McLaren on the upper apex of the Corkscrew with hot brake pads in the first ray of sunshine of next morning in Laguna Seca
234630_screenshots_20170730173500_1.jpg

Feel free to use it as your desktop wallpaper:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread