30th Oct 2016 - 18 Hours of Sakitto (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
2016-10-30.jpg

It is anniversary time! This week we are going to see the sun rise (and set) in the land of the rising sun. Our 18 hour race simulation will last around 1 hour 45 minutes and will see us start in the dark and race right through the day and into the following night.

Open to: Orange
yellowwheel.png
& Green
greenwheel.png
Badged Members

Class: GT4
Track: Sakitto GP

Date: Sunday, 30th October 2016
Event start: 19:30 UTC
Qualifying: 20 minutes
Laps: 1+59

Ingame Date: 30th October 2016
Ingame Time: 04:00
Time Progression: 10x
Weather Conditions: Clear -> Medium Cloud -> Overcast
Weather Progression: Sync to Race

Driving Aids: Real
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start, the pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the red marker, maintaining our 50mph / 80kph speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Can i just ask...is there any restrictions on what gt4 car you can use..

B

Blue Monkey

Some comparison times taken from Time Trial:
  1. Ginetta G55 GT4: 1:47.817
  2. Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4: 1:50.302
  3. Ford Mustang Boss 302R1: 1:51.406
  4. BMW M3 GT4: 1:51.700
  5. Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT Edition: 1:52.682

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The last time we did this I really wanted to get the Aston competitive, but after hours of tweaking it, my very first lap in the Ginetta was already a second quicker.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Ginetta Cup race it is then :D

You'd think there would be better BOP

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On some tracks the Aston can at least keep up somehow, Sakitto is not one of those :p

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Last time I finished 3rd with the Aston ^^

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
As it seems the Ginetta G55 Gt4 will be the fastest car in the race. I find the Aston is a faster car but less stable than the Ginetta. So could be someone be kind enough to help Captain Slow (That is me) with a setup for the Ginetta so I have at least a little chance to keep up with the group. My times are in the high 1:58's (roughly the same time with both the Ginetta and the Aston) though I have been struggling a fair bit more with keeping the Aston in control. So whom ever will help me out thank you so much. (either car would be nice just so I can get closer into the 1:50's. I know it is a long way and most of my time will come through practicing but a good setup will for sure make it easier to reach this goal)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just curious as by monkeys times the ginneta is way faster than them all would it not be an idea to ban the ginneta...just a thought..

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
Just curious as by monkeys times the ginneta is way faster than them all would it not be an idea to ban the ginneta...just a thought..
I agree with you but also the Ginetta is a very stable good handling car.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
If you ban the Ginetta then you just get a field of Astons instead, the whole class is badly balanced, it's a free choice for all so it's not unfair having one that's faster.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah good point! The only two in this class that are somewhat balanced are the Mustang and the Bimmer.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah good point! The only two in this class that are somewhat balanced are the Mustang and the Bimmer.
Yeah, and even that is quite track specific, mustang was about a second a lap faster at Donnington.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Obviously banning the car outright is not an option but what about trying to BOP it with a "gentleman's agreement" on the restrictor size? Anybody caught setting unrealistic laptimes (or clearly pulling away from people in the same car) would be excluded from the results. Just a thought, as at least this will create some variety in the race, rather than everybody picking the Ginetta because it's the fastest :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Obviously banning the car outright is not an option but what about trying to BOP it with a "gentleman's agreement" on the restrictor size? Anybody caught setting unrealistic laptimes (or clearly pulling away from people in the same car) would be excluded from the results. Just a thought, as at least this will create some variety in the race, rather than everybody picking the Ginetta because it's the fastest :)

If you got time doing that, gogo @Cluck :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
If you got time doing that, gogo @Cluck :)
Once I've got the NVidia final round out of the way, I'll have a bash at all the cars in time trial, driving each one for a couple of hours (or more) to gauge the best laptimes I can set - I'll need somebody to give me a half-decent setup for each car though, otherwise I'll be testing them in default setup. That should give a baseline indicator of their relative performance. Once that's done, I'll see what sort of restrictor setting works to balance the times, then I'll report back and see if others find the same results.

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
When it comes to pace in the GT4 class. On top there is clearly the super easy to drive cornering monster Ginetta G55 GT4.
Slightly less easy to drive but actually more fun there is the Aston. The Aston has a sightly higher topspeed than the Ginetta, but if anything there are maybe 1-2 tracks in the game where the Aston can maybe get the upper hand. About 1s gap to the BMW and Mustang on this track, shows you how quick the Ginetta is.

Sakitto GP - My Times
Ginetta G55 GT4 - 1:48.607
Aston Vantage GT4 - 1:50.302
BMW M3 GT4 and Ford Mustang Boss 302R1 are in the 1:51s
Toyota GT-86 Rocket Bunny GT Edition - 1:52.682

The Rocket Bunny isn't that bad to drive, it's more edgy in some places but that can be worked with, however it is so much slower than any other GT4 car that no one will ever take it in a GT4 class race. More difficult and slower what a bargain... Actually the Rocket Bunny and the Aston Rapid Hydrogen could have a race on this track at least ^^;

Unfortunatly we can't change the restrictor of the Ginetta and we can't put in penalty weight, unfortunately. The Ginetta with default setup is easy to drive and quick, should be clear why I'm not posting a setup for it. Below you find my Aston GT4 P3-Race Setup.

Aston Vantage GT4 Setup
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/109086215

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How about we take the qualifying times from the Imola race and say "the top-half has to drive the Aston, the bottom-half gets the Ginetta"?

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
How about we take the qualifying times from the Imola race and say "the top-half has to drive the Aston, the bottom-half gets the Ginetta"?
I remember we once or twice did handicap races in GT4, and it was always more fun than a normal race.
I'm okay with it as long as Puffi gets the Mustang or BMW :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread