30th Oct 2016 - 18 Hours of Sakitto (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Cheers Cluck, no excuses now!

Do you reckon the radiator closed will last the race? I'm not sure if it is possible to see the engine temps in game using only the standard overlays, doesn't show on telemetry one with the tyres temps?

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Cheers Cluck, no excuses now!

Do you reckon the radiator closed will last the race? I'm not sure if it is possible to see the engine temps in game using only the standard overlays, doesn't show on telemetry one with the tyres temps?

It probably will last but for the tiny time difference you may as well open it up a bit, I have managed a stint of 18 laps without any damage on 0 radiator but I will race on 50% I think.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thats it im done...seriously people cant just swerve infront of you and slow down i had to avoid oki and ruiend my entire race...and also i dont know who it was but went off and just shot back on to track right in front of me on the first corner before oki saw to my demise..

B

Blue Monkey

Thats it im done...seriously people cant just swerve infront of you and slow down i had to avoid oki and ruiend my entire race...and also i dont know who it was but went off and just shot back on to track right in front of me on the first corner before oki saw to my demise..
Try to talk with the people, if that doesn't help open a thread in the stewards panel

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Had a disconnect! :( Stupid wifi decided to go down for a few seconds...

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Unfortunate for the disconnects, good fun otherwise, although my race was quite scruffy.

I think I should be 7th, at the point of the mass disconnects @Dama_The_Crow was about 4 seconds ahead of me in 6th and I had just passed @Thomas Sikora who was in the gravel on the S curves after T2 (assuming he went off and it wasn't just part of the disconnect).

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That was hard work :eek: . Pulled out a big lead at the start but my exuberance nearly cost me dear as I overcooked it going through 130R with full fuel for the first 3 laps :( . Had a pit stop that lasted an absolute eternity and left the pits with Pam right up my chuff. Nearly lost it going into T1 as my paddles missed a gear going down to 3rd and that nearly VERY nearly gave the lead to Pam.

Sadly, there wasn't to be a fight to the end as Pam got his fuelling a bit wrong and then got caught in an incident :(

Long race though and time for a beer now!

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
That was intense, up until the disconnect of @Battenberg me and him where having an awesome little battle for 2nd. Major disconnection problems at the end mean we are going to attempt to take the results from lap 46, no-one changed positions after this and this was just before half the field disconnected.

Does anyone have any objections to this being the race classifications:
0Jel9bx.jpg

@Cluck, @SillySausage, @FlyingKman, Jago, @Dama_The_Crow, @Laiders, @Thomas Sikora, @SaltPacket, @steveg200, @Stormin, @Alex du Plessis, @Psychotronic

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Jago25

Community Member
Reaction score
That was intense, up until the disconnect of @Battenberg me and him where having an awesome little battle for 2nd. Major disconnection problems at the end mean we are going to attempt to take the results from lap 46, no-one changed positions after this and this was just before half the field disconnected.

Does anyone have any objections to this being the race classifications:
View attachment 176
@Cluck, @SillySausage, @FlyingKman, Jago, @Dama_The_Crow, @Laiders, @Thomas Sikora, @SaltPacket, @steveg200, @Stormin, @Alex du Plessis, @Psychotronic
no it looks about what was the placings before the last serie of disconnects

SillySausage

Community Member
Reaction score
Hands down, the. Best. RSR. Race. I. Have. Had. To. Date. Sooo much fun and sooo much close racing. Despite my game crashing in lap 46, this race was still the most enjoyable I have ever had. I was super happy with pace and driving as a whole. This race is what racing is all about. I had incredibly close and fun battles with multiple drivers who all were respectful and fair while still going side by side at top speed and the lapped traffic did a great job of letting the leaders through.

After a fantastic start, only dropping one position after @Thomas Sikora got the jump on me into turn 1 then gaining it back a short while later, I very quickly got into a smooth, quick rhythm sitting a short distance behind @Pamellaaa and @Battenberg battling. I was worried it was going to be a boring, solitary race in P3 (after @Battenberg sadly got disconnected) but then I made my only major, stupid mistake when trying to enter the pits at much too high of a speed, almost taking out two other drivers (sorry!). This left me with massive damage only about 20m past the pit entry so I had to do another lap with my steering at a 45 degree angle.

This spat me back out right in between @FlyingKman and @Thomas Sikora who I had two incredible battles with, @Thomas Sikora pushing me incredibly hard to put in personal best lap after personal best lap just to hold position before he unfortunately lost it in 130R. I then had the supremely fun mission of reeling @FlyingKman in lap after lap, having to once again put in personal best laps every time before finally making an adrenaline-pumping overtake into turn one.

Overall, this race is why I love RSR so much. Thank you to all who raced, you're all legends in my book. Race highlights video coming ASAP.

Cheers! :D

*P.S. Thanks to @Pamellaaa for the help getting me up to pace during practice.

SaltPacket

Community Member
Reaction score
@steveg200 passed me after the screenshot but before the DC; I should be 10th and he 9th.

Last edited:

thedarkjack

Community Member
Reaction score
my wrist gave up after 30 laps. too bad, I would have liked to finish the race, even as second to last one but I didn't feel like driving with pain in my brake foot and my wrist.

I also now remember why I was doing 2 stops the last time we did this race.

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
My highlight of the race, the mistake that allowed @Battenberg past and then the chase, battle and eventual pass!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
It was going really well, had a good rhythm, following Kman in 5th and dodging people rejoining irresponsibly, Kman and I were doing the same pace and closing on the people in front when my bloody game crashed. The Unhandled Exception error i've been experiencing recently, I had hoped it wouldn't strike during the race, but that went well.

I was right, I did ask if it should be 60 laps after the race started, it does say 1+59 in the post. I had fuel strategy worked out for that, I would have had to some quick maths at the pitstop to work it out and my maths is shit lol

Last edited:

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
It was going really well, had a good rhythm, following Kman in 5th and dodging people rejoining irresponsibly, Kman and I were doing the same pace and closing on the people in front when my bloody game crashed. The Unhandled Exception error i've been experiencing recently, I had hoped it wouldn't strike during the race, but that went well.

I was right, I did ask if it should be 60 laps after the race started, it does say 1+59 in the post. I had fuel strategy worked out for that, I would have had to some quick maths at the pitstop to work it out and my maths is shit lol
You were right :/ my apologies for that, although when the server gave up at 47 laps it became a little irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread