iRacing 3h - Sebring - 17th November 2018 | Saturday, 9:00 & 19:00 GMT - Sunday 17:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Date: 17th November 2018
Time: Saturday 9:00 & 19:00 GMT - Sunday 17:00 GMT
Cars:
- Audi R8 LMS
- Mercedes AMG GT3
- BMW Z4 GT3
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3
- Ford GT GT3
- Ferrari 488 GT3

Race Info
Qualifying:
Solo. 8 minutes
Starts: Rolling
Time of Day: Night
Weather: Dynamic Weather
Field size: 55 Cars
Race length: 180 min

Other Info
License:
Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 3 minutes
Incident Limit: 25
iRating in effect: Yes
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-7 drivers required (fair share rule)
Additional Time: There is also a race on Saturday at 9:00 GMT and on Sunday 17:00 GMT

Track Guide:
sebring.PNG

Provisional Teams:
- RevolutionSimRacing Pink - @ramdrop, @grobi0815 - BMW Z4 GT3

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Here is the "winning" replay!

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
A little bit late, but here is the race report from RevolutionSimRacing Pink:

The bad news first: my frame drop problem is still alive.
The good news: no disconnect this time.

We got a spot in the top split, so our expectations where not extremely high. The strategy was the same as in our race the week before. @ramdrop did again a top job in the qualifying and put the BMW Z4 GT3 in fifth position.
The start of the race couldn't be better. He overtook a car before turn 1 and was able to hold the small gap to two cars in front. Only the car in P1 was very fast and was able to run away in the first few laps.
After a few laps the driver in P3 was getting slower with his Audi and got into some trouble. With a nice overtake before Cuningham, we were in P3. Now ramdrop was fighting against the Mercedes in P2. It took him a few laps to close the small gap and safe some fuel behind him, before he attacked the Merc. Again a good overtake in turn 1 and our car was in second postion. Ramdrop was able to open a gap of 7 seconds before the first pitstop, but we had a gap of 14 seconds to the leader. To our surprise, the BMW in P1 did a driver swap and with it a tire change. We knew from Ramdrops race in the morning, that double stinting the tires is possible. Because of that, and the fact that every car in the top 10 was changing the tires, we were in P1 with a gap of 13 seconds.
The second stint was a bit more quit. Ramdrop was driving careful to safe the tires, but he was still fast enough to open the gap to the guys behind. Only one code brown situation appears after a spin from a back marker in turn 1. But ramdrop could avoid a crash when he saw the car on the middle of the road.
Time for me to get into the car. With a gap of 36 seconds, we were still in P1. Only issue was my stuttering and a back marker with some heavy connection problem. My times were ok and I was happy to end the race with a 22 second gap to the guys in second position.

So, ramdrop and me together in our second race together and our first win. And that in the top split! I think that was a nice finish in the VRS Endurance for 2018 and it's something we can build on for 2019.

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, this was my first VRS win since coming back to iRacing!!!

I had already raced the morning race so I knew double stinting was possible but I really focused on it this time and managed to surprise myself with some laptimes, overall a very good job and happy to have my first win as part of RSR.

Users who are viewing this thread