3rd Aug 2017 - Aston Martin Track Days (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I want to apologise to whoever I hit when I spun now onto race2 hopefully I won't spin :banghead:

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry for race 2, hit the house trying to give room to @2scoops, someone behind collected, sorry to whoever that was.

Nice track and car, hadn't tried them until the first qualy (had a spirited real world drive to get home on time for qualy!). Seems a shame they decided to stick the weird house chicane in the track!

zevme

Community Member
Reaction score
hi guys

this would have been fun but just have arrived at home

i could watch the live stream for the last two laps..

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
P5 in race I did my best result in my RSR carrer so I'm more than happy :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Was hoping to be home before now, was helping a friend move his gf in, got to her place & she hadn't even packed anything :rage: Then declared she required Ikea :banghead:, it got worse from there :facepalm:

Hope you all had fun tonight!

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
Really great races guys. Somehow managed to snatch 2nd Place in the first race and 4th in the second one. Also really nice fight with @jamesl91 , gotta repeat that :D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was another 2 solid finishes for me p8 in race one and p7 in race 2 slowly climbing the ladder lol..

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Basically stucked in a cycle of crash-pit-chase people-crash again-pit again, don't really like these road circuits, but had some fun chasing others on the backfield:D
Pitted 5 laps in a row to fix bent wheels from crashes in the second race, but the game decided not to let me use the pits, I eventually gave up on the 8th lap

and some master-level evading happened in qualify session of second race:D

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
and some master-level evading happened in qualify session of second race:D
Lol, epic one.

I have to say this track is crazy. I hardly believe it exist and that 'real' people are racing on it. You need to be close to the walls to have a good pace, you risk to loose grip and crash as soon as you put a wheel outside the road, you have to 'fly' for some moments. That's just insane, I love it! :hilarious:

@FuBii is the simulation close to the real track?

Both races were enjoyable, with a memorable side by side after the start of the first race, I'm not sure if it was with @The Wayfaerer (?). As I did not had a chance to train before the session, that start with the full tank was a bit perturbing for me. But then I started to gain confidence and decided to chase the leader for a victory, only to hit an inside wall and ruin my chances a few corners later. :banghead:

For the second race, I did not make it to qualify in the front, so I decided to start carefully and keep my energy for the end. Then, the track, the sunshine, the scenery, plus chasing @jamesl91 and @Elodyr that were fighting hard was real fun. :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Definitely a pair of races I'll quickly forget. First race was a disaster from the start, all of my own doing of course :eek:. The second race was going OK, sitting nicely behind @Feanor and @The Wayfaerer , when I caught the kerb on the right-side of the track leading into turn 1. That spun my car around, damaging the front and rear end and making it too much of a handful. With @PatatorJohn closing fast, I went into the pits to get out of his way and get the car repaired to at least enable me to finish the race. I needn't have bothered :(. On the exit of the right-hander, after the first bridge, the car understeered horribly into the wall on the left and bounced me back across the road, head-first into the wall. I retired more out of frustration than anything else.

Congrats to @Feanor on a fine pair of race wins :)

Laiders

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Lol, epic one.

I have to say this track is crazy. I hardly believe it exist and that 'real' people are racing on it. You need to be close to the walls to have a good pace, you risk to loose grip and crash as soon as you put a wheel outside the road, you have to 'fly' for some moments. That's just insane, I love it! :hilarious:

@FuBii is the simulation close to the real track?

Both races were enjoyable, with a memorable side by side after the start of the first race, I'm not sure if it was with @The Wayfaerer (?). As I did not had a chance to train before the session, that start with the full tank was a bit perturbing for me. But then I started to gain confidence and decided to chase the leader for a victory, only to hit an inside wall and ruin my chances a few corners later. :banghead:

For the second race, I did not make it to qualify in the front, so I decided to start carefully and keep my energy for the end. Then, the track, the sunshine, the scenery, plus chasing @jamesl91 and @Elodyr that were fighting hard was real fun. :)

It's not a real race track! But it is a real place, no idea if the roads are authentic, I would expect they're a lot narrower IRL!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well i have to admit i really enjoyed them 2 races. I wasnt feeling to great(having a cold an all lol) and not really knowing the track my steady driving payed off as i watched driver after driver fall by the way side in race 1 taking me from 14th to 8th in race one. I was getting nervous in the last 4 laps tho as @Mark Baggaley was like pacman at my distance on him 17seconds i had on lap 9 by 10 it was just over 11seconds lap 11 saw him knock a massive chunk out and brought it to just under 7seconds by lap 12 i could see him. entering the last few corners i clipped the wall really lightly but it was enough to break my front suspension. i truely defended thoes last 2 corners and just managed to stop mark phew for that lol..

Race 2 pretty much the same way people falling victim to the walls. I was on my own for most of it untill i saw id brought the gap down on @FlyingKman he had about a 36second gap and when i looked id knocked it right down to less than 20seconds. I thought game on and got it down to 17seconds.. Then alas i fell victim to a wall and had a broken car luckly i had a big gap on p8 and nursed the car to another imo fantastic result p7 two top 10s caant moan at that..
Great race by all and thanks to the winner of race 2 for not lapping me on the last corner lol...

I have to add @Laiders and @FlyingKman crash at the church was funny as hell how i avoided the carnage is beyond me as im a magnet to crashes lol...

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
It's not a real race track! But it is a real place, no idea if the roads are authentic, I would expect they're a lot narrower IRL!
OK thanks for the info. I also have a suspicion about the quick chicane at the church. I doubt any car can climb the sidewalks at full speed without damage, except maybe some WRC cars. It doesn't spoil the fun of the track anyways :D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
The place & roads are real enough, though they've never been converted into a track, yet. Not to my knowledge anyway, the kerbs at the town are actually half the height of 'standard' kerbs with most being stones rather than the huge concrete slabs used these days. It actually feels more open than it does in the game, but I still wouldn't take the corners at speeds we do in-game, a lot of blind corners, cant tell if there's a car coming or not xD

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Races from my seat. Was running 24s in practice but something went wrong before the race and I only priced in qualy for race two. Only 82% throttle 8(
Still a huge amount of fun had though.

@frankodrose video 1 at 3:20, sorry mate but I had little chance in avoiding you.

Last edited:

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Wow mark my bonnet comes flying at you lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread