3rd Aug 2017 - Aston Martin Track Days (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
Wow mark my bonnet comes flying at you lol...
Yea I was laughing my arse off. I think that broke my concentration a little bit.

Nakor

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I love this track because of the detailed and really nice scenery around. :cool: (and because it reminds me to our Scotland holidays)
In the first race I almost made it to top 5 what would be almost a victory for me :D but I made a minor mistake in the second last lap :eek: and gave P5 to @PatatorJohn . But P6 is still great!
Sorry again @jamesl91 for the incident on the Bridge in the first lap, there was another car spinning where my concentration was. After that I made almost a 360 before the church and so my chase from the last place started. If you like there are my highlights on video: (feel free for comments, or even for hints where to put more effort in my driving style :) )
The second race was more of a disaster - think it was missing concentration and mostly not trained for this slippery track conditions. But somehow I still managed to bring the car home with two repair-stops to P8.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for race 2, hit the house trying to give room to @2scoops, someone behind collected, sorry to whoever that was.

Nice track and car, hadn't tried them until the first qualy (had a spirited real world drive to get home on time for qualy!). Seems a shame they decided to stick the weird house chicane in the track!

It was me, was following Mark through and didnt see you, but no real harm done, quick pit stop and i was back on my way.

The Wayfaerer

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Nakor great video, but the Standings are a little bit cut off on the top left
about your driving, i think you can do the upshifts a little bit later, because you are shifting very early. I'm normally shifting when the last shifting light on the MoTec gets on. I think there is some time to gain for you.

frankodrose

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Here is my POV of Race1 not the best driving but managed to recover some positions

Last edited:

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Apologies my race review is late, but here goes...

Practice
This is a car/track combo i have never driven, its was fun during practice and I found it easy to get up to speed although a few corners were still causing issues heading into quali.

Qualifying 1
The start of quali was a bit chaotic with everyone busy trying to find a gap while warming the tires. I exited the pits with a lot of traffic in front, I managed to make my way through the traffic quite quickly as my strategy was to run long in clean air so i wanted to get ahead of all the cars that were planning a 1 flying lap stint. My first lap was hindered by traffic and a mistake so wasn't very good. My final flying lap i crossed the line with 2:20s until the flag, I was 1 seconded up on my lap which would have been a 2:21.0 but The chequered flag came, i was within 1 second of crossing the dam line.... this left me in P13 for the race.

Race 1
Starting towards the back in P13, I was given the job of starting the race. I managed to get a decent start but remained in P13 going into turn 1, I decided to stick to the inside of the corner which i thought was safest, I managed to make a couple of positions. I lost a position having been squeezed into the barrier on the bridge(S1) by @Nakor i put that down to a racing incident as there was a car off to the right. Dont worry about it Nakor, it didnt have any after effect.
There was a few incidents up ahead of me which helped me work my way up the field. Mid race i was catching @The Wayfaerer at a vast rate of knots i believe due to damage on his car and the vibrating wheel bug which i also carried throughout the race. I was putting him under pressure and finally i managed to get past. The last few laps of the race i was chasing @Elodyr for the final podium spot. I was catching him but some close racing between @Elodyr and @2scoops allowed me to gain alot of time, Unfortunatly 2scoops had a spin which meant i could get my first RSR podium.

Qualifying 2
The 2nd Quali I went for several flying laps rather than a long run, I managed to qualify P5. Unlike Quali 1 this was a pretty quiet and clean session.

Race 2
The last race of the night, it started off very well, I was fighting hard with @Elodyr he was busy defending and I was busy attacking, on the first lap i was all over the back of him and went to the inside over the bridge in S1 hoping he was watching where i was, luckily he was as he moved to the inside to cover me off, which as planned i moved to the left hand side so i could get a better exit of the corner, this work as i was along side him approaching the next corner, i backed out as i didnt want to get any damage or cause an accident. I tried to pass him down the inside once again into the corner before the village but i couldn't make it stick this time.

We were fighting like this until i had a dramatic crash on lap 3, I was 0.1s behind @Elodyr again in S1 and just before the bridge, i had ran wide and clipped the rocks and spun around multiple times and ended up stuck on the track.

I had to wait for about 6 cars to pass before it was safe to turn around, i had to pit for repairs. I rejoined right at the back and had to work my way forward however....i crashed again, I had so much damage i couldn't continue so i decided to enjoy watching the race.

Conclusion
Having a bad Q1 and successful R1 and the opposite for Q2 and R2. I think Not qualifying well isn't a bad thing as I could at least finish better than i started.
As always it was great racing with you all, it was very clean racing and very close at times but a lot of fun

Thanks to @Elodyr for the videos(im the car in the mirrors).

Last edited:

Elodyr

Community Member
Reaction score
@jamesl91 I still feel like I defended too hard, but I hope it was not too big of an issue. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of driving like this :D

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@jamesl91 I still feel like I defended too hard, but I hope it was not too big of an issue. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of driving like this :D
You did....Next time u have to let me passed instead :D:D

Nahh your defending was hard but fair and thats how it should be(i did back out of some moves to avoid risking contact). If i hadnt backed out i would have likely got passed going into the village at the start of race 2. It was alot of fun even if it ended in crashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread