3rd Nov 2016 - Ginetta Drivers Club (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Thomas Sikora - I can only apologise again for the incident on the last turn. All I could see to my right was grass and it never occurred to me that somebody would try and overtake there. Really sorry :(.

Race 1 - Started on pole. By the end of lap 1 I was dead last, having spun on Cluck's Corner™ with tyres that weren't quite warmed up. Pulled myself back up to 11th and then spun again and finished 14th (I think?).

Race 2 - Slow, patient effort on my part this time. Moved my way up to 2nd and then spun at Cluck's Corner™ and that dropped me down to 10th. By luck and patience, I pulled myself back up to 2nd again and held that to the end.

Great pair of races though, really good fun.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My first race was pretty good. I fell back in avoidance of another clash, eventually finished juuust off the podium. In race 2 I spun a few times and got damage early on. Still had a fun scrap with @SirHunterOne though.

I didn't realise me and @t0daY had exactly the same moment in Race 2, I didn't even spot you at the time!

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Im starting to think pcars dont like me race 1 had a wicked start only to find a bit of bungie grass that pulled me in on the down hill bit i think someone wlse found it too ended up last finished 16th

Second race yet again started great made it to tenth only to have the dreaded clucks corner take me out and last i went...plodded on then my pc decided to just go to sleep on me...pcars dont like me im sure of it lol...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Grass at some tracks does pull some cars in quite violently so it's always best to try and keep on the tarmac if you haven't done much practice - easier said than done, I know. Treat the grass like the sand at Laguna Seca - avoid at all costs :).

As for your PC going to sleep on you, I had a customer complain about their PC doing that a few months back. Turned out it was their keyboard, which had a 'sleep' button. Keep an eye on it and, if it keeps happening, try a different keyboard before doing anything else :).

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
@Thomas Sikora - I can only apologise again for the incident on the last turn. All I could see to my right was grass and it never occurred to me that somebody would try and overtake there. Really sorry :(.

Hey...was my own risk.
Saw you 3 guys in front nearly parallel, i had speed overshoot out of the chicane, the only think i could to is to slow down or to try to pass you with 2 wheels on the grass. Tried the last one because i saw there a gap. Shit happens.
2nd race i had again the wheel (permanent cerbs rummbling), had to retire...not my day :(

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hey...was my own risk.
Saw you 3 guys in front nearly parallel, i had speed overshoot out of the chicane, the only think i could to is to slow down or to try to pass you with 2 wheels on the grass. Tried the last one because i saw there a gap. Shit happens.
2nd race i had again the wheel (permanent cerbs rummbling), had to retire...not my day :(

What happened in the 2nd race thomas? I was reading something in teamspeak that your wheel turned off again? :(

Thomas Sikora

Community Member
Reaction score
the wheel feels again like i would drive permanent over curbs....fucking rumbling... don't know why it happens sometimes...
normaly it happens after a accident, if we switch directly to race and if i not drive again out of pit with "repaired" car
This time we jump over one event...maybe that could be the reason also. In the "check your controlls" ride i had no accident, next "practice" event i don't drive out... looks for me plausible... maybe we switch directly to a event before the race next time, in this last event before race everyone check then the controlls.... could it be possible @t0daY to do it this way?

Problem is the wheel is such shaking that it is to dangerous for me to drive complete race were it could damage the wheel due to overstress...

Last edited:

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well, I had some great fun yesterday. I started the race with my now familiar way of competing:......step in the car/track combo for the first time 5 minutes before race start. And looking at my preparations I actually did quite well. First race started from 9th and found myself 3rd after Spoon. Then I lost the car in the slow double right hander and resumed from P18. Battled my way back to the front with Dama. I had an absolute blast trying to catch him. Then......I touched the wall on the left side in the last corner and damaged my front suspension in lap 9 or so. I decided to continue to the finish with the car in this stage. In the last couple of laps was able to have a great battle with SirHunterOne. In the end I finished 10th, which meant I could start in P1 in the second race. My start was good. I was really nervous and when I shouted GREEN for the first time I realized I wasn't pushing my push-to-talk button. In the end I had a great start (go figure :D) and by lap 3 or so I had a lead of 6 seconds on Ramiboo. The car handling in the wet was bliss in the first laps. Sadly for me I lost the car going down in the dipper and I resumed somewhere on P8 or so. I then had a couple of mistakes that threw me back to P13. I battled my way back to P7 and had a fantastic race in the last couple of laps with Saltpacket were absolutely brilliant. In the end I finished 7th which was a good result.....but I could've finished so much better in both races......again :).

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
the wheel feels again like i would drive permanent over curbs....fucking rumbling... don't know why it happens sometimes...
normaly it happens after a accident, if we switch directly to race and if i not drive again out of pit with "repaired" car
This time we jump over one event...maybe that could be the reason also. In the "check your controlls" ride i had no accident, next "practice" event i don't drive out... looks for me plausible... maybe we switch directly to a event before the race next time, in this last event before race everyone check then the controlls.... could it be possible @t0daY to do it this way?

Problem is the wheel is such shaking that it is to dangerous for me to drive complete race were it could damage the wheel due to overstress...
There's a new patch out today and I wonder if that is going to fix the problem for you, as there are some things in the patch to do with Fanatec wheels.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
Great race last night. I have Race 1 recorded:

But in race 2 I had FPS problems due to reflections on Ultra and Environment map on Ultra so in the rain I had 30 FPS ingame (lol moving pictures literaly) so video is unwatchable.

MelBonkers

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Holy smack! I just was looking at Dama's video and Crewchief pronounced my name CORRECTLY (3m20s in the video)! Now that's impressive!

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Here's the race from my perspective, nearly didn't happen at all. The game crashed again, not in the race this time, but when we changed to qualifying. It took me a couple of attempts to get back in and just had enough time to do 2 flying laps to give me a chance.

A nice battle at the front, you could say a 3 way, but I wasn't going to mention it o_O

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Results are up here :)

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
I thought i finished 12th on the 1st race??

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Stormin, I think I found a shot in my stream with the result just before you disconnected.

I know some of the other positions are wrong, but I think that has everyone doesn't it?

Stormin

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey Stormin, I think I found a shot in my stream with the result just before you disconnected.

I know some of the other positions are wrong, but I think that has everyone doesn't it?
Cheers for that, yeah disco happened on the cool down lap.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread