Project CARS 2 4th Feb 2018: BMW ProCar - Eastern Heat (1 Viewer)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry i wont be attending tonight. Personal matters.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
How is that feeling called? You know, when you're practicing hard, setting up the car and what not, manage to get your times around the 1:42 mark, then check time trial times and see Cluck doing 1:37. OMG :D
That’s far from race pace thankfully :D

Zsolt Benczedi

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the late notice but i have to pull out of this one too...have to fill in for a colegue who got sick.

Have fun :(

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That’s far from race pace thankfully :D
Yeah, I'm only doing 1m38 on a full tank :(

EDIT : Not really. Consistent low 39s though with a full tank but that's away from the heat of a battle so I don't actually know what my race pace will be. It would have helped if I'd done more practice of course but where's the fun in that :D

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you won in the end Puff. I felt terrible after I knocked you from behind when you lapped me. It was completely my fault, i braked too late and locked up, after that i couldnt avoid you. Luckily i didn't affect you that much.

I presonally had a decent race (12th), especially in the first half. After that the combination of tyre wear and lack of concentration took the toll. It was after all my first online race with a manual clutch and H shifter. My heel and toe technique has only just started developing.

edit: Also, my start was terrible, fell from 13th to 17th. I didn't hear the green green green shout. Was it even there?

Last edited:

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Had a good race. Loved the battle with @Eugene Gajkin and a good shorter one with @Ashnoom who was definitely faster then me! After clearing @Eugene Gajkin and @Ashnoom falling behind due to what I think were a couple of spins, I just settled down and got consistent lap times.

Really happy with my performance. Particularly with my first endurance races coming up :-D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congrats Puff. One more lap, I would have had you :D

Dubai never fails to deliver when it comes to fantastic racing. Shame Ovi and fab made contact really early in the race but, from watching my recording, it's just a very unfortunate accident with no time to react. Would have been nice to battle with you guys a bit longer but it wasn't to be.

1 hour of racing, finishing with a gap of just 0.5s to P1 :eek:

EDIT : And a correction, I did have 100L of fuel, sorry!

Here's my highlights. After taking P2 from Ramiboo, the action cuts to the final corner before the last lap starts (honestly, not a lot happened in the middle :D). You can also see the incident that occurred between Ovi and Fab, showing that it really was just a racing incident, with Ovi coming out of it far worse unfortunately.

NB : Warning, there's some NSFW language early on. Please remember that swearing will not be tolerated in our races, no matter the reason.

Last edited:

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
I had a pretty decent race. No spins, pace was okay too. If I just hadn't botched up my pit stop. I might have made it easily without extra fuel (had 11 liters left and only refueled 5 liter) but I wanted new tires. But I hadn't set up my strategy correctly. So they gave me fuel, they repaired my engine... And go!go!go!

... What? Where's my tires? Sod it, I need them. So another stop was due. If this second stop wouldn't have happened, I might have been 9th or 10th.
Whatever. It was good fun :D

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
guys thanks for the race.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice race guys, and no crash for me. I was in the Rift again and I unplugged all but 1 monitor from my PC. I guess that's just how I'll have to use PCars from now on.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Had a good race. Loved the battle with @Eugene Gajkin and a good shorter one with @Ashnoom who was definitely faster then me! After clearing @Eugene Gajkin and @Ashnoom falling behind due to what I think were a couple of spins, I just settled down and got consistent lap times.

Really happy with my performance. Particularly with my first endurance races coming up :-D
I spoiled everything when I tried to get around @Ashnoom. I apologize @Ashnoom

Last edited:

Damian Hall

Community Member
Reaction score
Apologies I could not make the race gentlemen. Didn't even have the opportunity to say I couldn't make it. I am just getting back home.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still shaking from that finish xD Hope you have a video @Cluck :D great racing guys!

@djombaslo all good mate, bit unfortunate but it only gave me 4 rear aero damage. I did call green, but I was a bit ill and quiet yesterday. Sorry if it didn’t come across clearly.

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I spoiled everything when I tried to get around @Ashnoom. I apologize @Ashnoom

No problem @Eugene Gajkin shit happens ;-) You waited politely, racing incidents happen. (That was the reason @Stokemon that I suddenly was not behind you any more). Anyway,

Had a good race, lots of fun, good battles. Got shunted twice which send me facing the wrong direction twice, but not too much time was lost, no damage and good sportmanship from @Eugene Gajkin regarding the paint trading.

Around the 30minutes mark when I lost sight of @Stokemon I started looking at my fuel, 28 minutes remaining, 48 liters of fuel remaining. Shit I thought, at some point it was even at 20minutes remaining, 33liters remaining so I started to watch my fuel a bit for a minute of 10, noticed @Battenberg doing the same, so I was quite safe and we both started pushing at the same time again when we both thought we should be safe on fuel.

In the end I gave away 6th position by double shifting down which locked the rear and spun me around in to the final corner heading in to the final two laps, which gave 6th to @Battenberg and made me a moving obstacle for @Cluck luckily his race was not affected.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Still shaking from that finish xD Hope you have a video @Cluck :D
- Check my post a few up from yours (and check WhatsApp) :D

Girly squeak said:
:D:D:D:D:D:p

In the end I gave away 6th position by double shifting down which locked the rear and spun me around in to the final corner heading in to the final two laps, which gave 6th to @Battenberg and made me a moving obstacle for @Cluck luckily his race was not affected.
Gave me quite a fright, that's for sure :D. I was expecting your car to roll forward, which is why I initially steered into, rather than away from, you. Of course, with Battenberg in the mix I should have realised you'd roll backwards out of the way. It's my own stupid fault, therefore, for making that slight contact and picking up 7 front aero damage as a result but no harm done, there was only a lap left and no way I was going to catch Puff in that.

ovivoJR

Community Member
Reaction score
Here's my highlights. After taking P2 from Ramiboo, the action cuts to the final corner before the last lap starts (honestly, not a lot happened in the middle :D). You can also see the incident that occurred between Ovi and Fab, showing that it really was just a racing incident, with Ovi coming out of it far worse unfortunately.

NB : Warning, there's some NSFW language early on. Please remember that swearing will not be tolerated in our races, no matter the reason.

Sorry that you guys could hear me swear. I missed hitting the mute button after trying to get my car back going. It was a fun race. I learned a lot and enjoyed the event. Looking forward to the next races.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thanks ovivo. We've all been there, in the heat of the moment it's hard to contain one's emotions, but try not to make a habit of it please - we have people broadcasting the races and they are broadcast to all ages, that's the reason behind the policy :)

Users who are viewing this thread