Project CARS 2 4th Feb 2018: BMW ProCar - Eastern Heat (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
sorry guys, I'm going to have to pull out of this one, I just don't think my PC likes PC2 :(
I retract this.... I'm back in, cos, well, I enjoyed the racing I did. I'll remove the GPU clocking, but will leave the CPU, anyone else running any over clocks?

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
I retract this.... I'm back in, cos, well, I enjoyed the racing I did. I'll remove the GPU clocking, but will leave the CPU, anyone else running any over clocks?

I quickly removed my GPU overclock as well, because as stated before Pcars 2 does not like it. I still run a CPU overclock though, currently my 6600K (base 3.5 GHz all cores) is at 4.0 GHz on all cores and that is stable.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@t0daY want to repeat our battles from yesterday? :D

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
My CPU is oced to 5GHz but it’s a binned and delidded sample and my gfx card runs at 2012-2050 MHz. That’s my stable limit in pCARS.

It’s not like pc2 generally doesn’t like overclocking, it‘s just more taxing and requires a lower limit. In 3Dmark I could run 2100MHz for example.

Anyway nice to see you back in :)

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score

Well, I do. And prior to the stupid Spectre/Meldown fix, Pcars 2 was running just fine on my rig. I'm running a 10% OC on my GPU and, compared to the base clock at least, a ~32% OC on my CPU (3960 mhz compared to 3000 base clock).

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah damn Spectre/Meltdown fix. The performance in yesterday’s night race was horrible. I was close to puking in the first 3 laps. Thankfully it got better once the field spread out.

Feanor

Community Member
Reaction score
Please put me on the reserve list for this. I can't really find the time and motivation to really prepare for this.
Maybe things will change over the weekend, but right now I will be a no-show.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
^^^ You like living dangerously, don't you :wideyed:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
My CPU is oced to 5GHz but it’s a binned and delidded sample and my gfx card runs at 2012-2050 MHz. That’s my stable limit in pCARS.

It’s not like pc2 generally doesn’t like overclocking, it‘s just more taxing and requires a lower limit. In 3Dmark I could run 2100MHz for example.

Anyway nice to see you back in :)
Thanks for your input. My GPU overclock is also not ultimate, just a little boost to 2010, the GPU was running at 80% load and 60˚C temp, I've not got the settings turned up that much. CPU was not struggling and I've got 16Gb of ram. It's the same picture freeze I've had running on monitors. Sound continues after a few seconds, but the picture is frozen. No windows crash error, I have to hit the X in the top right to close the game window. The window still had focus. I'll try again Sunday, currently walking through forum posts and threads to see if there are people with similar issues. Probably enough chat about that here though as I should be in the PC Help section with this.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This does sound like the gfx driver crashing though. Maybe back out another 50MHz on the GPU clock and see if it helps.

Stokemon

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Given I'll probably miss the popular practice times this weekend. What sort of times are people running?

JetPistol

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I won't have time tomorrow so whoever sits in the pipeline shall take my place.

Invincible

Community Member
Reaction score
Given I'll probably miss the popular practice times this weekend. What sort of times are people running?

For race pace, I'm running low 1:42 to high 1:42 if I remember correctly.

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Due to a planning error drom my side it appears I am not home at the time of the race, so sadly I cannot compete :(

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I’m out too I’m afraid guys, sorry for the late notice. I tried to put a drill through my wrist this afternoon in the garage and gripping with my left hand is quite a challenge at the moment.

Morvic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Sorry for late notice too but my social life (somehow) calls me tonight. Have fun tonight, will try and join future events.

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys can't race tonight one of the pins came loose on my throttle pedal. Going to buy a new one tomorrow. It is an easy fix at least.

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score
How is that feeling called? You know, when you're practicing hard, setting up the car and what not, manage to get your times around the 1:42 mark, then check time trial times and see Cluck doing 1:37. OMG :D

Users who are viewing this thread