Project CARS 2 4th Jun 2018 - Legends (1 Viewer)

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Thank you for organizing the wonderful stage and immersing yourself in the historic battles on the track! Thanks @ramiboo for the dense struggle with the numerous exchange of positions for several laps and I apologize for the spoiled race before @Elodyr.

Last edited:

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Hey @Sonic that was a real highlight to my race. Was some great battling. It was crazy how much more speed you had. I was running 1/0 downforce so I'm guessing you were running a little less radiator and 0/0 downforce. Shame it ended the way it did though.

Was a really fun race for me, inexperience meant that I got caught out with a few others on lap 1 turn 1 with no grip, and needed up having to do 2 pit stops, the fight back was fun.

It made me laugh when @Jussi_SMS said, "watch out for my stutters at the race start, I'm just going to pull to the left and give space", the next thing I see, he's blasted past 2 rows on the grid and heading for p3! :woot: What a legend!

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
75 radiator and 0/0 downforce.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
75 radiator and 0/0 downforce.
Interesting, I was running less Radiator, 65, so that speed was just in the 1 front Aero.

SBart_uk

Community Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I was running less Radiator, 65, so that speed was just in the 1 front Aero.
Yup, I found running 1 wing on the front would feel good but would cost you at at least half a sec per lap

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
Firstly thanks RSR admins for the race! It was fun and the carnage at the start resulted in slower guys (me) being higher up in the standings than expected. I did, however, find that the lapped cars caused a lot of problems. On the one lap two cars that were lapped came out of the pits and I just passed them, I was driving more on the conservative side but I wouldn't say it was very slow. I made a mistake in Lesmo 1 which put me slightly off line, I was then suddenly swamped by the lapped cars that were racing each other. I was not notified on teamspeak that they were going to try and unlap themselves. I lost a lot of time during this as I did not want to crash into them but I soon caught up with them but couldn't really pass as I was not really given a good opportunity to do so. I understand it is my responsibility to pass lapped cars but I don't want something like a lapped car to ruin a race, I was never told that they were going to come by so I was not prepared to have a bunch of cars around me.

For future reference how should situations like this be handled? I don't want to upset other guys' race by insisting on getting past or insist on not being unlapped while they are fighting but lapped cars should also not hold up cars on the lead lap or unlap themselves without prior warning. I know I was a bit slower due to my mistake but I would not say that they were close enough to make a proper move to unlap.

I was also catching another driver on the same lap as me that lost a lot of time because two lapped cars unlapped themselves. This compromised him and allowed me to catch up very fast and in the end pass him. It might have taken me longer to pass him if he was not compromised by the lapped cars, obviously this situation counted in my favor but the fight could have been way more interesting if the lapped cars did not compromise him.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Firstly thanks RSR admins for the race! It was fun and the carnage at the start resulted in slower guys (me) being higher up in the standings than expected. I did, however, find that the lapped cars caused a lot of problems. On the one lap two cars that were lapped came out of the pits and I just passed them, I was driving more on the conservative side but I wouldn't say it was very slow. I made a mistake in Lesmo 1 which put me slightly off line, I was then suddenly swamped by the lapped cars that were racing each other. I was not notified on teamspeak that they were going to try and unlap themselves. I lost a lot of time during this as I did not want to crash into them but I soon caught up with them but couldn't really pass as I was not really given a good opportunity to do so. I understand it is my responsibility to pass lapped cars but I don't want something like a lapped car to ruin a race, I was never told that they were going to come by so I was not prepared to have a bunch of cars around me.

For future reference how should situations like this be handled? I don't want to upset other guys' race by insisting on getting past or insist on not being unlapped while they are fighting but lapped cars should also not hold up cars on the lead lap or unlap themselves without prior warning. I know I was a bit slower due to my mistake but I would not say that they were close enough to make a proper move to unlap.

I was also catching another driver on the same lap as me that lost a lot of time because two lapped cars unlapped themselves. This compromised him and allowed me to catch up very fast and in the end pass him. It might have taken me longer to pass him if he was not compromised by the lapped cars, obviously this situation counted in my favor but the fight could have been way more interesting if the lapped cars did not compromise him.

If you made a mistake which allowed them through then they are entitled to get passed you not to disrupt their own races, It would then be your responsibility to navigate past them safely however...they are also lapped cars, therefore, should allow you past in a safe manner with as little disruption as possible. If they are faster and pulling away from you then thats a different story, they can continue to pull away without having to let you passed. Obviously if you are the quicker car and they are holding you up then you are entitled to ask them to let you through, this can be done on TeamSpeak during the race.

Lapping cars is another skill that falls under "race craft" sometimes its about luck but also being smart in lapping can be a real benefit to someones race, RSR is full of respectful racers who will move aside during those situations but its not always convenient or safe to let a lapping car passed straight away

Last edited:

Erik

Community Member
Reaction score
If you made a mistake which allowed them through then they are entitled to get passed you not to disrupt their own races, It would then be your responsibility to navigate past them safely however...they are also lapped cars, therefore, should allow you past in a safe manner with as little disruption as possible. If they are faster and pulling away from you then thats a different story, they can continue to pull away without having to let you passed. Obviously if you are the quicker car and they are holding you up then you are entitled to ask them to let you through, this can be done on TeamSpeak during the race.

Lapping cars is another skill that falls under "race craft" sometimes its about luck but also being smart in lapping can be a real benefit to someones race, RSR is full of respectful racers who will move aside during those situations but its not always convenient or safe to let a lapping car passed straight away

Okay thanks, I did not have a problem with them passing me due to my mistake because it is my loss I just did not expect them to come from that far back. The race was still a lot of fun though.

Users who are viewing this thread