iRacing 6 Hours of Road America (1 Viewer)

6 Hours of Road America
Posted by ramdrop
iRacing
Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 15:00
Until: Sunday, September 15, 2019 - 21:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Saturday, 14th September 2019: 7:00 GMT & 19:00 GMT
Sunday, 15th September 2019: 14:00 GMT

Cars
  • Audi R18, Porsche 919
  • HPD ARX-01c
  • Ferrari 488 GTE, Ford GT GTE, Porsche 911 RSR, BMW M8 GTE
Race Info
Qualifying:
Solo. 8 minutes before the race
Starts: Rolling
Race Date: September 14th, 17:35
Time progression: 1x
Weather: Dynamic
Sky: Dynamic
Field size: 55 Cars
Race length: 6 Hours (360 min.)

Other Info
License:
Minimum B-license required to participate (C4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 3 minutes
Incident Limit: 50
iRating in effect: Yes
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16 drivers required (fair share rule)

Track Guide:

Free Drivers
@Raigore (R18)

Raigore

Staff iRacing
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
want to do it in the R18 if I'm feeling better til then :dead:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Me and @Rexxody are doing the morning session in the Ford

Rexxody

Community Member
Reaction score
WEWON4-01.jpeg

As @ramdrop said we did the morning session together, although he had to leave after 2 stints. So I prepared my water bottle and my bar of swiss army chocolate and got into the car with 4 hours left on the clock. As you would expect from @ramdrop he handed over the car in the lead with a 20s gap to P2. I surprisingly managed to maintain that gap and actually kept the lead for 2 stints. After serving a penalty for unsafe pit exit I thought P2 would be our finishing position but then P1 had a disconnect, so I managed to get back into the lead and we won the race!

I should probably turn down the FFB if I do somehting like this again though. My wrists are pretty beaten now after holding on to a direct drive for 4h hours straight ;D

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
View attachment 7985

As @ramdrop said we did the morning session together, although he had to leave after 2 stints. So I prepared my water bottle and my bar of swiss army chocolate and got into the car with 4 hours left on the clock. As you would expect from @ramdrop he handed over the car in the lead with a 20s gap to P2. I surprisingly managed to maintain that gap and actually kept the lead for 2 stints. After serving a penalty for unsafe pit exit I thought P2 would be our finishing position but then P1 had a disconnect, so I managed to get back into the lead and we won the race!

I should probably turn down the FFB if I do somehting like this again though. My wrists are pretty beaten now after holding on to a direct drive for 4h hours straight ;D
Yeah boy! Congratz!

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yeah I echo that.

First endurance race in the Ford around a track we both know, something completely new to the both of us and what a fantastic event.

I had a few offs here and there but mainly adjusting to the Ford and then having to leave @Rexxody alone for 4 stints was a big ask, also in the dark.

Very proud of the result! Great start to the ELMS season!

Users who are viewing this thread