iRacing 6h of the Glen - 5-6th August 2017 | Various Times (1 Viewer)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
glen.jpg
The first Watkins Glen Grand Prix was held in 1948 on a 6.6-mile course around Watkins Glen State Park and the village of Watkins Glen. Cameron Argetsinger, a Cornell law student and SCCA member, organized the event along with the local Chamber of Commerce. The 8-lap, 52.8-mile race was won by Frank Griswold in a pre-war Alfa Romeo 8C. In 1950, three spectators were injured during a support race, and driver Sam Collier was killed during the Grand Prix.
The 1951 event became a part of the new SCCA National Sports Car Championship series. In 1952, twelve spectators were injured and one killed when a car left the circuit in the village. This led organizers to move the course to a hillside southwest of Watkins Glen for 1953. Drivers complained of poor visibility and run-off, prompting the construction of a permanent circuit, today called Watkins Glen International, in 1956.

Date:
5-6th August
Time: Saturday 2:00 GMT | Saturday 13:00 GMT | Saturday 17:00 GMT | Sunday 14:00 GMT
Cars: Corvette C7 DP / Ferrari 488 GTE, 2017 Ford GT / Audi R8 LMS GT3, Mercedes AMG GT3
Qualifying: Solo. You must qualify the car sometime during the week before the race.

Race Info
Starts: Rolling
Time of Day: Afternoon
Layout: Endurance
Weather: Default (Temperature: 78° F, Wind Speed: N @ 2 MPH, Atmosphere: 55 RH, 0% Fog Cover, Skies: Partly Cloudy)
Field size: TBA
Race length: 6 Hours (360 min.)

Other Info
License: Minimum C-license required to participate (D4.0 and higher)
Warm-Up: 1 hour
Incident Limit: None
iRating in effect: No
Safety Rating in effect: Yes
Fast Repairs: None
Splits Info: Splits will be set by iRating. Note that in team races only the iRating of the team driver(s) registered when the race session launches are included in this calculation of team iRating.
Driver Limits: 2-16 drivers required

Watkins Glen Map.png

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Pamellaaa

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm up for this, I only have the Merc GT3.
I am up for a GT3 run but I can only do the Sunday race as I am away for the rest of the weekend (and may miss the start of that race)

Reactions: Tom

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Should be good to go. Would love to do this race twice lol. :p

Dutchtastic

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I'll most likely do a race on Saturday in the Ford.
Corbs was still debating to do one, so if there is somebody for Sunday, Corbs is your guy ;)

Bassetts

Community Member
Reaction score
Where's the auto confirm button ? ;)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
:( I'm on holiday!!!!!!!!!!
You all have to survive without me for a couple of weeks. Would be great if I could do the race at @falcon2081 's house. :D

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
That is my birthday weekend and my wife has things planned for Saturday & Sunday, also unfortunately I do not have the track, I will bow out of any future races till next year as I feel I need to increase my ability racing long races and get that consistency up to the level I need to be.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@Alex du Plessis if you need help you know where to find myself and @t0daY. I can even do telemetry coach sessions like VRS. :)

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score

Alex du Plessis

Community Member
Reaction score
I will, thank you this week is going to be pretty hectic as we are doing domain migrations so once that is all done and dusted I will approach you guys for the help thanks again

I will, thank you this week is going to be pretty hectic as we are doing domain migrations so once that is all done and dusted I will approach you guys for the help thanks again

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to do a session with you @Alex du Plessis to see if there's anything I can help you with.

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Just put me as a backup driver for 488 GTE team since I ain't as good as you guys, and I really don't want to do more purchase on iRacing (I own 488 GTE already), but if we really need a driver for other cars, I'm willing to break my piggy bank again :D

GioVtec

Head RSR Designs
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm out from now on :<. gonna start packing some stuff tomorrow.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
I'm away at Donington Park helping my brother in law, pre booked a long time ago, didn't even see the 6hr on the radar :drowning:

I've probably lost my seat in car #66 now with all these no shows.

Users who are viewing this thread