iRacing 6h Sebring - 20th October 2018 | 7:00 GMT & 19:00 GMT (1 Viewer)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

grobi0815

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race Report from car #12:

After a long pause, @Vernux and myself were back together on the track.

And Vernux had nothing better to do, as to set the car on P2 in the qualification.

It was a good field with some 5K drivers and again Vernux did a great job in his first 2 stints. Sadly we got some problems with the brake bias at the beginning and we could only fix it when I was driving the car. After the second stint, we were in a strong 5th position. It was my turn to get behind the wheel. I was not so happy about my first stint. As usual, I was driving to careful. 4th stint was again Vernux part and after the BB change, his laptimes were amazing. We were still in P5 and had a huge gap to P6, but somewhere in no mans land. It was my job to finish the race in stint 5 and 6. With the confidence of the huge gap, my speed was getting better. We both made a small mistake and kissed the wall once, but without any major damage.

But there is this little flaw that I do not want to conceal. We got lapped by Geodesic. Shame on us!

So, all in all it was a huge success after this long break. I'm really glad that my buddy is back!!!

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score
Race report from car #05:

Qualifying: @Gosku almost put us on pole, if it wasn't for a 1x on his second lap. His first one was good for 5th, just 1 thousand of a second behind 4th.
Race: Start was clean he had a good pace, and two uneventful stints later I sat in the car in P2.
I was a bit nervous and it took me two or three laps to settle down to a pace roughly 2 seconds slower than my teammate and everyone around me, but somehow managed to keep a podium position until a lap before my first stop I had a slight brush with the wall on the inside of turn 1. Thankfully the car felt OK and we had only 16 seconds of optional repairs.
On to my second stint - lap and a half before I had to pit, a LMP1 driver decided to hit the GTE he was lapping and they both spun. I had nothing to do but slam the brakes and t-bone the LMP1. Luckily the car felt OK, but this time we had 35 seconds of optional repairs when I brought it in in P10.
I handed the car back to @Gosku and took a short break. When i came back he was already in P8 and closing on the battle for 5th, 6th and 7th, almost matching his qualifying time in the process.
With 46 minutes left to race I got back in the car in P6 with P7 and P8 just a few seconds back. For 40 of those it was a fun battle with the gap varying between 0.1 and 5 seconds depending on how each of us managed to let the faster cars lap us without losing much time. Then disaster struck. Trying to get a good exit out of turn 16 I got on the power with too much enthusiasm and put the car nose first into the wall. This time I wasn't so lucky, but somehow managed to bring it to the checkered flag in P9 largely thanks to the fact that P10 had to pit for a splash and dash with one lap to go.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Congratz @Gosku and @javoresku!! I heard brilliant stuff from you both during the race :)

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
@grobi0815 You guy's got lapped by Geo? I take it you guy's did the morning iELMS race then. Good run either way.

javoresku

Community Member
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread