Project CARS 2 6th May 2018 - A Cold Day In Hell (1 Viewer)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
To many issues that not only affect me but also the pack I’m racing in. So, until further notice I’m not going to play it anymore.

No need for quitting the game, just let it go and enjoy. There is hard to find this kind of friendly community in other games.

I didn't notice any bugs that people talking about... It never happened to me like no tire change in pits, no different behavior of driving in practice (online) than in race... Maybe I don't drive that much time to notice(?).

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
@Battenberg amen to more practise!
I just ruined my race because of not enough practise:
1. I did not know the tyres (hard/soft) suddenly lost there grip when it was wet and the temperatures dropped below a certain amount... untill that point yes a bit of understeer and oversteer here and there, but controllable.. and than out of pretty much nowhere, no feeling at all, just ice-skating
2. those damn puddles... especially in the dry fase with the soft tyres again... OMG, didn't matter if it was unloaded tyre or just a very small portion of the tyre... massive reaction of the car. I do have to say, thank (god) PCars2 for it's day/night cycle and possibility to give such great weather/track changes... lot more realistic

Anyway P3 for me, with the mistakes I made definetely didn't deserve more than that... congrats to @Dama_The_Crow great pace you showed. Would have loved to battle a bit closer to you and @Taorminator. I had a lucky moment where I needed to pit of small damage and anyway take on some more fuel, so was looking forward that the race would come a bit back to me, as I supposed you guys needed to pit as well still.
At least it made me come out of the pit next to @steveg200 coming into turn 1 and 2! Nice battle, little bit of side rubbing but that's racing

Last edited:

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well that was a great event! Nordschleife with GT3 is just a match made in heaven and the GT4s mixed it up nicely! I wanted to drive something different so tried the Bimmer and the GT-R. The GT-R actually felt really good but the BMW was better in the rain, so I went with that.

Qualy went smooth, first lap was a 1:55.473, second lap a .478, so I thought ok, won't go faster, lets look after my son. My wife is in China for 3 weeks, so it was a bit of a risk having him play on his own for 3 hours. Thankfully he was good, watching some videos and he actually went to bed on his own and was already sleeping when the race was finished :D

The start was a bit messy but I take that on me. The stretch between the chicane and the lefthander entering the ring was really short, so the green call was a bit immidiate after @Ashnoom told me he had cleared the chicane. But I took the first corner easy, so @ProjectPD was right on my tail again. This stayed like this the whole lap, so I thought this won't be a lonely race then ;) Sadly he had a moment in Pflanzgarten which gave me a bit of breathing space over @miagi.

When I saw @fab. ICEMAN climbing up in the standings, in knew this would get interesting :D I could keep a gap but during the pitstop it got funny. I set my strategy to fill up while putting wets on and suddenly Iceman was fabulously inside my car as we shared the same pit spot xD With him not taking fuel we actually left the box at the same time but he was marginally ahead so I lifted off the gas, and slotted in behind.

A great battle through the rain and night started. We were quick on different parts of the circuit but I never really had an opportunity to pass safely. That Porsche, just as irl, had really good traction (good job pCARS), and just enough top speed advantage to keep me behind. I knew I had a fuel advantage for the next stop so didn't want to risk too much, knowing I should get ahead after the stop. Iceman didn't make a mistake, until that slight contact with the pitwall where he still kept me half a lap behind (or even 1,5 laps) despite suspension damage. Good job there :) After that contact I really wanted to get by so I switched off traction control but still couldn't make it stick. It got close a few times and one time I had to back off when we were side by side heading for the Veedol/NGK chicane because of the big puddle on the fast right hander. Then a slight mistake under braking opened the door for me and I could slip past.

When the rain faded it got interesting again. Before the race I calculated that if I pit after 1h15min left on the clock and do a bit of lift and coast to get 9 laps oout of the BMW, I could make it to the finish without an extra stop. The last lap on wets was a bit critical as they started to get really hot but I needed this lap to get below the 1:15 mark.

Exiting the pits I had about a 40s lead, thanks to the less fuel I had to take to fill up and I guess the damage repair for Iceman. It was all going to plan as I could stay below the 14.4l/lap mark which would enable me to do 9 laps. Then it all got a bit crazy again with 3 laps to go. Our race engineers began talking about rain incoming and we had to realize that the 2x weather progression meant we would get storm again. I spend the Döttinger Höhe getting the "add 130l" out of my wet strategy as I was good on fuel. Would be nice if holding the button would work in the ICM, clicking 130 times was a bit ridiculous xD. (imagine doing that in the Porsche with the 300l tank :D) I gotta say I quite liked the way the weather worked with 2x. The Nordschleife is an extreme example because it's so long, but the track actually dried up, as opposed to e.g. our event at Hockenheim, where it stayed wet until the end even though it ended on a dry weather slot.

After the stop I came out just ahead of Iceman. It was a brave call not to pit, and in the back of my head I knew it couldn't work, but remembering what he did in Hockenheim I still felt the pressure and tried to keep him behind. In the end I couldn't be sure the track would get wet enough quick enough. Every corner I could stay infront was increasing my chances. It's a real mindf**k suddenly being about to lose the lead of 2,5h race which you thought you'd had in the bag with only 2 laps to go.

For the first half of the lap the slicks were clearly faster but I made the BMW wider than it already is and could keep this brave man behind. I was thinking goddamn the track must be wet now but fab was pressuring me like a mad man. I got a pretty weak exit out of the triple right and Iceman made a move into the tight hairpin. We made slight contact but no harm done. Cheers for giving the postion back, I think it wouldn't have mattered because a few corners later starting from Bergwerk the track was really slippery. For the first time I was reliefed to see the rain coming sideways, because this meant it was finally time for the wets to work. Still a brave gamble @fab. ICEMAN, that lap was so intense! Great racing throughout the event!

Those RSR endurance events never fail to amaze, thanks for setting this up and everyone involved :)

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
The race was a worst one for me ever in RSR, normally I am very consistent in endurance however I went on a party weekend with very little sleep so I actually couldn't keep focus during the race which is uhm, sub-ideal in a 2.4h nurburgring race. However I did a lot of practice so I wanted to compete. Sadly my own mistakes made it impossible to compete. I could manage 8:25 in full fuel in practice but in the race my fastest time was a 8:57, sums it up quite nicely.

First lap my screen froze up after the carroussel for 5 seconds, no FFB input so I just slammed the brakes and hoped I wouldn't go into the wall or hit other cars. With around an hour to go I kept making minor mistakes due to loss of focus, hitting kerbs, puddles, small patches of grass and when I lost my rear wing I needed to pit for repairs again I retired, I am saddenend, I always finish races but it was useless. Never noticed IRL that a lack of sleep can have such a detrimental effect on you concentration (although you know it has).

Here is the short highlight (crash) reel :D

Congratulation to @Puffpirat for the race win, great drive! Thanks for all the drivers for driving cleanly together in such a hard event!

Ashnoom

Community Member
Reaction score
I spun and 360 all over the place and continued the wrong way.

You double spun. While chasing another car down we tried to avoid you which send me in a uncontrollable spin, hitting you. I even saw you flying somewhat. I can quite imagine that you then get disorientated and drive the wrong way.
I however do have to say that I said so the moment you drove off.

For me myself and I this race was a disaster. I enjoyed it very much though, but a disaster.
I was visiting the pits every other lap, either due to my own mistake, avoiding someone else's mistake which send me flying in a wall or just due to other their mistakes.

Still, I had fun. Why you ask? This was the first time I drove on the Nordschleife without the racing line turned on. (I stopped using that when I gotten my VR headset). Which was a very, very nice experience.
However, inexperience with the track and only 3hours of practice results in lots of paint trading. Lost three rear wings, one due to a tiny tap, the others due to just sliding sideways.

Finished the race with 20 seconds on the timer and 1.4 liters of fuel left. My best lap time was a minute slower than @Puffpirat 's but, who cares. I f***ing finished.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You double spun. While chasing another car down we tried to avoid you which send me in a uncontrollable spin, hitting you. I even saw you flying somewhat. I can quite imagine that you then get disorientated and drive the wrong way.

For me myself and I this race was a disaster. I enjoyed it very much though, but a disaster.
I was visiting the pits every other lap, either due to my own mistake, avoiding someone else's mistake which send me flying in a wall or just due to other their mistakes.

Still, I had fun. Why you ask? This was the first time I drove on the Nordschleife without the racing line turned on. (I stopped using that when I gotten my VR headset). Which was a very, very nice experience.
However, inexperience with the track and only 3hours of practice results in lots of paint trading. Lost three rear wings, one due to a tiny tap, the others due to just sliding sideways.

Finished the race with 20 seconds on the timer and 1.4 liters of fuel left. My best lap time was a minute slower than @Puffpirat 's but, who cares. I f***ing finished.
I guess the spray from my car didnt help your view either, just managed to avoid @Cornworld but didnt have time to warn you.

For me myself and I this race was a disaster.

@Elodyr didnt realise you had a bad race :D

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
First thank you guys for organizing this great event even if there were some changes and confusion related to them it was still great fun! :)
Qualified P4, quite happy actually as I only knew about the track change a few hours before so I used my race setup.
After the turn 1 carnage and @Zemke 's spin, I went on to lead the race for 2h until @Dama_The_Crow catched up and passed me. When the storm came back I had nothing to loose so I was like f**k it let's do something crazy and try to catch @Dama_The_Crow so... I stayed on slicks :p after catching a little in S1, I had to back off and finished the lap in full drift mode :D
Finished P2, not too bad for my first time on the Nurburg :)
I blamed myself as I could have secured my first win here but I did too many mistakes which all could have been avoided and mostly due to lack of focus (I had to switch the hud off as I felt that focus was not there anymore). Also after reading @Dama_The_Crow 's race report, I realized my strategy was not good as I refueled full tank everytime therefore not optimizing every stint (I was 8 to 10 seconds faster on low fuel) so he had muuuuuch more pace than I did (the Ginetta was also looking faster in the dry).
That's a race I'll remember! :)

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I heard someone but couldn’t figure out what he said tbh :) I new what it was when I saw the headlights.

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys - please continue the Nords / Rift discussion here

Col_McCoy

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OMG @Nighttiger I saw some of your puddle spins and know exactly how you feel like... I just hated those (and myself for not practising enough to see where they would all show up)

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OMG @Nighttiger I saw some of your puddle spins and know exactly how you feel like... I just hated those (and myself for not practising enough to see where they would all show up)
This is what cost me the lead (let alone all the other mistakes). I was controlling my gap to P2 and was driving consistent laptimes then the rear snapped after touching a tiny puddle with my right front wheel (doesn't makes sense to me as I should have understeered instead IMO). Butterfly effect => My rear suspension had damage, lost all my lead and the position afterwards. The green hell is really not forgiving :p

Nighttiger

Community Member
Reaction score
Yeah didn't notice all the puddles, they don't reflect light if there is no light haha. But the last puddle spin was just because I was wayyyyy to tired, couldn't even keep my attention.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The ingame date was set to the 12th like the real event ;)

AndrexUK

Community Member
Reaction score
Date: Sunday, 6th May 2018
16:30 UTC - Optional Practice
17:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
17:40 UTC - Qualifying
18:00 UTC - Race

Race
Date:
12th May 2018
Time Progression: 10x