6th Oct 2016 - RUF Supercup (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I had a mixed race. Qualifying went stupidly well, I didn't expect to make the top 6 and be so close to @Cluck. @ramiboo's setup with a bit less rear wing was lovely.

I had an alright start within the mayhem, I only got a nudge from the side, but I was otherwise fine. I managed to keep up with @miagi & ramiboo in the first few laps, but I gradually fell back once Cluck got by and the tyres started to go off. I wish I did some longer runs in practice, because I struggled to find consistency after about 8 or 9 laps. My lap times were all over the place from some clumsy half spins and finding the confidence to push again.

I pit just before midway, and the charge with fresh tyres was blissful. Until of course they went off again, much worse than the first stint. Catching up to @2scoops & Cluck's battle was fun, and @5Aces.Nesterowicz was a pain in my arse (well, the car's arse). I got hit and nudged off track a few times in our battle which wasn't nice, but I'll put it down to a combination of race rustiness and the vast performance gap in our tyres. Anyway, I could have been further up the road if I didn't have all those wobbles. P6 to P9 in a race I struggled in last time isn't bad. :)

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
It was good feeling to drive Project cars after 2 months. I thought that I will be very bad, but instead I was just bad.
I didn't expect any position in first half of the grid because I just tried yesterday to turn on wheel after windows reinstall that I did few weeks ago just to find out that all my ingame settings was back to default (P Cars save game files were in Steam folder on C drive). So I tried to set it up somehow (my wheel FFB settings was also default) and drive few laps just to feel the car. I saw that Ramiboo post his setup so I copied it (Thnx Ramiboo ;) ) and I was ready to go in 20:30 just to find out that my VDSL modem is about to change his IP address in half an hour... so I restart it, enter the game, exit the garage and..... no controls.... restart it again... enter the game just in time for quallification. yay

My fastest lap was 4 sec slower than Blue Monkey's and strangely I was happy about it...... just 4 sec :D
I was doing practice in the qualifying and iz was good feeling about the car. This RUF GT3 is nice car to drive (or I have to thank agin to Ramiboo's setup).

In the beginning of the race, in first lap, I gain 4 positions untill someone pushed me out the track, so I was back on my qualifying 16th place... not bad for seasone rookie. After consolidation, I felt like Senna in his best days, 15th, 14th, 12th... Thought goes through my mind "Where is the end .... 1st place?" and it all chrashed in about half of the race where I was like my 2 year old son (who cant keep his concentration longer than 1 minute) started thinking about totally irrelevant things, and imedialtly my lap times was about 2-3 secs slower. I have to say that I bravely understood what is going on, and with relaxed breathing tried to catch runaway contrentration, but that lasted for next 3-4 laps and that hell's circle came to it's start... agin same.... Grrrr

I really am better driver if I am catching someone in front of me then driving for myself alone in the track.

I had nice battle with SteveG...

I managed to stay all race without pistop on soft tyres, but last 8 laps was true meaning of struggle. That was mistake. I sould have pitstop and tyre change.

Here it is my YT video of it all... Don't judge me if it is boring to watch something for an hour, but I just don't have time for editing of any kind.

Tnhx guys for racing it is good to be back.

Cheers

Last edited:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I have apologised already, quite profusely in teamspeak but I should also apologise here for the contact I made with 5Aces at the start. I've lost my video of the race (it corrupted due to a frustrating problem I have with Windows 10 and a SATA controller card) but I wanted to show it from my perspective. I was caught out by 5Aces car appearing to suddenly slow down off the start. The last thing I was expecting was somebody to slow down and I made contact. I hold my hands up, it was my fault. As soon as I saw 5Aces was behind me, I slowed significantly to let him back past, it was the least I could do.

Other than that cock up, the race was awesome.

EDIT : With all my PC hassles last night, this didn't post for some reason.

5Aces.Nesterowicz

Community Member
Reaction score
Cluck, when you say suddenly slow down.... about my braking into 1st corner, its called respect to not hit 1&2. ... and yes i brake before corners. im happy you let me by a couple of laps later when i had faught my way up to you again.

@Battenberg, its fine u think the 3 times i touched your rear is too much, you where all over the place and i tried all my best to respect you on all the laps we where within 0.50-0.500sec , the ONE time you got totally out of control because i nudged your rear i braked down and waited for you to pass.
hope you could see that i really respected you.

im not so much to all this post race talk (pointing fingers) i think what happens on the track stays on the track and as i said, even though i lost ALOT (for you ASHNOOB) of positions i think the race was fun to to all the battles, hell we all want to overtake so things happen.

lets race again some day.

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cluck meant the race start itself, at the green green green. It looked like you slept over the start, by T1 he was long gone...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
His name is Ashnoom, not Ashnoob. Please do not resort to name calling - at the very least, not without your tongue in your cheek, it doesn't help anybody.

As Puffpirat said, I tapped you from behind long before the 1st corner, only a couple of seconds after BlueMonkey had given the 'green green green' call. It was a genuine error on my part and might well have been one of those network glitches where your car position was suddenly recalculated. My foot was flat to the floor - as most people would do at the very start of the race - so when your car appeared to suddenly slow, there was simply no time for me to react (at least, that's how it felt at the time). In hindsight, I should maybe not have been so close to you but it was a genuine mistake.

Could I have given you your place back sooner? Yes, of course, but in doing so I would have lost at least 3 or 4 places myself. I do not believe that would have been a fair penalty on my part and, as such, I kept a very close eye on my rear-view mirror during that opening lap-and-a-bit to make sure that as soon as I saw your car there, I could slow down to let just yourself back past :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Let's cool all down a little bit, it is friday aka weekend!!!

Could not resist, sorry :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread