• We are proud to announce Season 10 of the Revolution Cup!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!
  • We are proud to announce Season 4 of the Evolution Series!
  • We are proud to announce Season 3 of the Blancpain Challenge (by PRD and RSR)!

PC2 Resolved 80's meets 90's - Lobby 2 - Incident (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phos4us

Reaction score
Steam
View
Date: 28 SEP 17
Event: 80s meets 90s, lobby 2
Members Involved: @Freak Superman
Description: The chain of events for this incident began with @Freak Superman getting collected in Ranj's spin at the exit of turn 3 during minute 25 of the race (video 1-00:00:02). The shunt destroyed @Freak Superman's lights and did significant damage to his car. He continued around the track to the pits. On entering the pits, he locked his brakes, impacted the tire barrier, and drifted slightly onto the track (video 1-00:01:12). Next, @Freak Superman reversed onto the racing line and into my path. I had no opportunity to react. The accident destroyed my lights and caused significant damage to my car. Two other users struck the tire barriers thrown onto the racing line by @Freak Superman and likely suffered damage (video 1-00:01:34 and 00:01:54 respectively). I limped around the track to the pits for repairs. I lost 34 seconds to the eventual race winner, Mark, on the track and another 1.16 in the pits for repairs. This ruined a very real shot at a race win given SteveG's later unrelated troubles in the race.

My primary concern with this incident is the carelessness displayed by @Freak Superman for other drivers. He was a full lap down to the car ahead of him and had a full 4 minute lead on Blue Monkey behind him. He was not racing anyone at the time of the initial contact with Ranj, yet he aggressively hustled a damaged race car with no headlights back to the pits, even reaching 4th gear at one point (video 4). After making the initial turn onto the pit entrance, he accelerates to 100+KPH before locking the brakes into the hard right turn after pit entry (video 4-00:01:21). @Freak Superman made no calls on team speak about his incident at pit entrance or that he was blocking the racing surface. I will grant that the pit road entrance area near the chicane is poorly lit and both Steveg G and I turned left before the actual turn (video 2-00:02:35). However, both of us remained clear of the racing surface and recovered without causing further incident. The difference between recovering the car without posing a threat to other drivers in my recovery in video 2 and @Freak Superman in video 3 and 4 is pretty clear.

I don't think that there is a violation of the letter of any rule here and I am not looking for any remedy against @Freak Superman. He has a longer history of participation here than me. This was not a points race and I survived to a 2nd place finish. I bring this up more for the record in case other events occur in the future or there is a trend I am not yet privy to. Perhaps racers may benefit from an additional rule clarifying the need to recover damaged cars carefully and safely, even if it at the expense of the driver's race. It is the driver's responsibility to retire a car that they can not safely recover. That responsibility should be apparent to reasonable drivers based on the spirit of rules 1.1.2 and 2.3.

Evidence:
Video 1:
Video 2:
Video 3:
Video 4:

I want to emphasize that apart from the disappointment of losing an opportunity, there are no hard feelings. I am not looking for punishment, unless the Stewards feel one is warranted given past conduct. It is an opportunity to educate others on a worst case scenario on the ramifications of a breakdown in courtesy.

Cheers,
Paul

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Freak Superman

Reaction score
Steam
View
At first my headlights wasn't damaged till I hit the tire barrier. My car wasn't damage too bad in the incident with ranj's. I did over judge how sharp the corner is going into the pits. I was in 3rd gear when I hit the tire barrier. I did to start to back up because I saw no one behind me. But the tires on the track was my fault. I'm sorry about any damage from that. I was trying to enter pit lane for a schedule pit stop. I take the full blame for it. And I stayed to the right of the track after the damage from the tires barrier.

Add one more thing I completely forgot to report it over teamspeak. I take full blame for that.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Moved to stewards.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Having reviewed the footage provided by all members involved, the Stewards deem this a serious racing incident and a breach of our Driving Standards, in particular, section 2.1.1:

"Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin but only when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage."

Reversing rapidly back onto a narrow section of track with no headlights is never advised and is a very unsafe rejoin onto the track. On top of this, not announcing a serious accident in a tricky part of the track is also dangerous for all drivers on track.

The Stewards deem this incident worthy of a demotion to probationer status where we will continue to monitor your racecraft in future races before returning you to member status once again. Furthermore, a qualifying ban will be enforced in the next race attended to serve as a short-term penalty.

Are you both happy to release this publicly? If one refuses the thread will stay hidden, please leave a reply in here.

@Phos4us @Freak Superman

Phos4us

Reaction score
Steam
View
I am ok with release.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)