rFactor 2 8h Suzuka - 10th June 2017 | 10:45 UTC | p1-simracing.net (1 Viewer)

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score

Results: http://simresults.net/170624-4WD

Date & Time: 10th June 2017 (UTC)
  • 1h Qualifying: 10:45 UTC - 11:45 UTC
  • 8h Race: 12:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC

Track: Suzuka GP (UTC +9)
Cars: LMP Lola B12-60 / Apex GT3
Weather Conditions: Real time 1:1 conditions, ingame time 13:00
rF2 - 8h Suzuka - Weather forecast 2017.06.09.png
[09.06.2017 17:20 UTC] - Source:
https://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=Suzuka

Practice Server: P1 8h Suzuka 10.6.17
Live Timing from Server: http://liveviewer.p1-gaming.de/Stream.aspx
Server Settings:
- Damage multiplication (80%)
- Automatic clutch (if needed)
- Automatic gearbox (if needed)
- Traction control low (if needed)
- ABS low (if needed)
- Technical defects enabled (time-scaled)

Requirements
  1. Have a valid copy of rF2 on Steam
  2. <200 ms ping and a purely wired connection
  3. Read the rules and be okay with them
  4. Registration on the website - using your real name!
  5. Signup here please until the 28th of May 2017, so enough time for livery etc.
  6. Download the modifications (see below for download instructions)
  7. Being able to practice with the team (I will talk about the when to you personally on Steam / Teamspeak)
  8. Having fun :D

Signup by replying to this thread [closed] [Team has been signed up]
Name: Blue Monkey
Preferred class: LMP
I understand and accept the rules & conditions: Yes

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Confirmed Participants

@Blue Monkey
@FlyingKman
@ramiboo

Stints
Qualifying + Stint 12:00 -> 14:00 UTC : @Blue Monkey
Stint 14:00 -> 16:00 UTC: @FlyingKman
Stint 16:00 -> 20:00 UTC: @Blue Monkey

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Downloads:

My HUD (DX9 Version)

Keybindings required (important ones in bold):
  • Speed Limiter - Brake Bias (F) - Brake Bias (R) - Increment /Decrement Mixture - Headlights - Request Pits
  • ABS & Traction Control (generally recommended)
  • Camera Change
  • Toggle Mirror (in case it bugs out) - Vehicle Labels (in case you wanna hide them, similiar to name in PCars) - LCD Mode - LCD Up/Down/Increase/Decrease (DPad recommended)
  • Passenger select (for Driver Swap)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Would love to participate but I am driving the 24 hours of Le Mans in iRacing at the same day :(

Pretty sure @FlyingKman is interested though. I also know that PRD is participating aswell, right @static_energy? :)

FlyingKman

Founder Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Name: FlyingKman
Preferred class: Go for highest vote, do not mind.
I understand and accept the rules & conditions: Yes

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
So we have already a car up and running I guess! In my breaks of 24H of Le Mans I can watch some Suzuka :)

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Didn't know there was rain in rf2, i also heard it's getting dx11 and vr support, right?

B

Blue Monkey

Didn't know there was rain in rf2, i also heard it's getting dx11 and vr support, right?
Yes - and its not simply rain, its dynamic rain - so wherever you drive you lessen the rain - so dry lines are possible.
And sadly atm there is no rain on windshield or wipers.

Yes there is a "beta" build out where you can test it. Even if this is released most mods (especially HUDs) must first convert those stuff over which probably takes a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Blue Monkey

How driver swap works (source: http://p1-simracing.net/index.php?threads/8h-suzuka-race-10-6-2017.806/page-2#post-3573)

Driver swap means, that the following driver join the server as spectator. You have to set it bevor joining in network settings in Game. You have to configure an button for driver swap. After joining, he search the car he wants to take over and click "race". If he is in the car he has to push the button and the driver noticed in chat "Driver xy is riding with you". After that, he could open pit menu in the car while driving, change fuel, tires, damage etc and could change the driver, logical the driver joined the car.
After that the driver could drive into pit and make the pitstop. He became the chat info, that he will lost control in x seconds after pitstop ended, the following driver became chat info, "you gained control in x seconds". After all work is done in the pit, following driver controlled the car and leave pits. That´s the time where first driver could press ESC and leave the car and the server because of server-network-traffic. That´s even the reason, why following driver should not join to early, maybe 5-10min before pitstop.

just to clarify slightly; The button to configure is "passenger select"
Once you click on the car then you hit the key you have used for "passenger select".

Other trivia:
Common errors are in my experience :(
-Forgetting to also click "Race" the big field bottom right on screen. This is the action that finally puts you in the car.
-Driver forgets to select the replacement driver in the pit menu.

B

Blue Monkey

Race report (stints 1BM - 2KM - 5BM) - Result P4 (+1.9 Laps), lost time around 3 laps.

The worst multiclass experience I ever had, but it was still fun :D Without proper stewards and rules that are really followed and random drivers, its no fun.
Waaaaaaaay to many time unnecessary collisions. People not looking in their mirrors, not following the rules, intentional ramming, driving zickzack all the time, just ignoring me on track and thereby ram me off.
Not saying I was a pure Saint, I had like 1 or 2 collision which were my fault (1 I remembered and apologized already).
Organization of the event was the worst I have ever seen.

@FlyingKman Thank you soooooooo much for taking part in this :D Practice was soooo good and we had a lot of fun :D

Still I REALLY F**KING WANT TO GO INTO VEC :D :p

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Blue monkey complaining about collisions means it's been a destruction derby :D

B

Blue Monkey

Blue monkey complaining about collisions means it's been a destruction derby :D
Revolution Sim Racing community is something very special and probably the fairest community I have every seen.
You realize that after doing such an event, or driving in other leagues (like SRC).

"Destruction derby" - lets say "Collision derby" - Damage was set to 75% and even then it was nowhere near the sensitivity of iRacing ... on this MOD car (which physics are awesome), damage was 100% not properly tuned ... hitting the wall at 100 kph sideways, no problem, only light aero damage.

falcon2081

Founding Member
Community Member
Reaction score
Good result from both of you.

Darksi

Manager of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Well done guys

B

Blue Monkey

Links to the official results added in first post
http://simresults.net/170624-4WD

Something I didn't really say sofar. The car drove excellent - I really loved it, it had an awesome flow through the turns, you could really push it.
It was an absolute joy to drive it, loved every single lap!

Users who are viewing this thread