9th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Free Practice 3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSR Admin

Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Practice session for all groups of the crossover to come together and get to know one another

Open to: Orange
& Green
Badged Members

Date: Sunday, 9th July 2017
17:00 UTC - Start of Free Practice 3
19:00 UTC - End of Free Practice 3

Ingame Date: 16th July 2017
Ingame Time: 15:00
Time Progression: 10x
Weather Conditions: Overcast
Weather Progression: Real

Driving Aids: Real
Damage: Realistic
Mechanical Failures: On
Tire Wear Multiplier: Real
Fuel Usage Multiplier: Real

atmosfearic34

Community Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like I'll be at this one. Slowly getting more and more ready for the actual race, going to be so good :D

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
What times should I be looking at? All classes would interest me. I am curently at low 3:50's with full fuel. Yes I know I am very slow but only had about an hour of practice yet.

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all, was hoping to maybe get some help. My lap times so far are only 3 min 52-53 sec (running consistently) but it is nowhere near the lap times some of you guys are posting. It could be my driving (laid back and relaxed) or my car set up.
The set up is good for consistent times. But, loose it very easily if I try to push (the car does not give me the confidence (Alpine A450 LMP2)) to push for better lap times.

Psychotronic

Community Member
Reaction score
Hi all, was hoping to maybe get some help. My lap times so far are only 3 min 52-53 sec (running consistently) but it is nowhere near the lap times some of you guys are posting. It could be my driving (laid back and relaxed) or my car set up.
The set up is good for consistent times. But, loose it very easily if I try to push (the car does not give me the confidence (Alpine A450 LMP2)) to push for better lap times.
maybe this will be a little help: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/viewsetup/7493524

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Considering the Alpine 450 isn't being used for the LMP2 class I would quickly ditch whatever it is you're doing with it & focus on getting a setup for either the Marek or Oreca Nissan LMP2 cars..

Or am I missing something...

Puffpirat

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Considering the Alpine 450 isn't being used for the LMP2 class I would quickly ditch whatever it is you're doing with it & focus on getting a setup for either the Marek or Oreca Nissan LMP2 cars..

Or am I missing something...
The Oreca and Alpine are the same cars, just different branding :)

Still when it says Oreca take the Oreca, saves the game and others some performance and won't confuse with custom liveries.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
I think the front end is also slightly different on the Alpine, but if I remember correctly it's just the headlights, so I'd imagine most setups would work on it. Then again, this is Project CARS, so don't assume anything ;)

Also, can confirm my presence for tonight, don't worry, I have last place sorted in LMP2 :D

EDIT: Just to check, will the time progression be on tonight? Says TBA in the original post but an announcement did get made in the main event thread

Ranjanado

Community Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for the info guys

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Id love to join.. But still have half a pc lol.. Gpu scheduled for delivery tomorow. Thank god..

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
On-board graphics can't be THAT bad surely? :p
Mind you, I am tempted to turn mine down for this race, I don't think my 760 is QUITE gonna handle 30 cars and a night-time transition too well. Then again, practice exists for exactly this reason...

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
On-board graphics can't be THAT bad surely? :p
Mind you, I am tempted to turn mine down for this race, I don't think my 760 is QUITE gonna handle 30 cars and a night-time transition too well. Then again, practice exists for exactly this reason...
They are that bad mate lol..
I pretty much run everything on medium all the time and have no issues.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
im ready to go

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Meh, seems that I'm going to miss it again due to race schedule conflicts, see you guys 7 days later ;)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
unlucky Jonno, hopefully see u on track soon. u could be using integrated graphics :yuck:
I tried it mate id rather wait is all i can say lol...

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Hi guys! I have a few questions about pit strategies :
1) do you set all repairs to "yes" while doing a tyre change? When pitting with no damage I'm worried they will try to fix worn brakes for example and therefore uncessarely loosing time
2) when pitting for repairs only, they change your tyre pressures as well. Is there a way to cancel that or is it more interesting to change your tyres since you're already in the pits?

ART Stiggles

Community Member
Reaction score
Repairs take place instantly in this game, I always turn brakes off as you'll come out on cold brakes if you get new ones. I've never had tyres be changed unless I specify it, but I guess that tells you how buggy this game is :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread