9th Jul 2017 - 2.4H of Le Mans - Free Practice 3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's helpful thank you! The tricky part is pressure change because depending on the track temperature you might find yourself with the wrong tyre pressure and having to pit again because your tyres are overheating for example... would be easier if you could disable that.

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
That's helpful thank you! The tricky part is pressure change because depending on the track temperature you might find yourself with the wrong tyre pressure and having to pit again because your tyres are overheating for example... would be easier if you could disable that.
ideally you should have 2 pit strategy's, a day and night strategy, for the day pressures you will want them set to what you have practised with if your happy. Night pressures u will need to lower a bit due to conditions and track temp being lower. some night running in practice wouldn't do any harm.

Taorminator

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep this is indeed what I did (day and night strategy) and find my pressure settings to be good. Still have to work on tyre management with the first stint because I had to pit too early yesterday and this had consequences at the end of the race when I had to refuel just to finish the last lap lol. I have also another strategy called "repairs" in case I only need to fix them but they change your tyre pressure as well which annoys me because I don't want to...

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yep this is indeed what I did (day and night strategy) and find my pressure settings to be good. Still have to work on tyre management with the first stint because I had to pit too early yesterday and this had consequences at the end of the race when I had to refuel just to finish the last lap lol. I have also another strategy called "repairs" in case I only need to fix them but they change your tyre pressure as well which annoys me because I don't want to...
You can turn tyre change off so u could just pit for repairs but i think if u had damage and had to make an unplanned stop then i would think having new tyres would be a wise move especially if you have lost a lot of time, it might be worth the gamble of going with medium tyres, then u could make faster pitstops later in the race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread