9th Mar 2017 - FG1000 Sprint Series (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
making one overtake on an also damaged @FuBii I assume.
Yeah I clipped one of the bumps in the middle sector & it messed up my steering, which is already hard enough on a controller aha. Was able to keep going for another 3 laps but at that point you started closing on me at over 3s a lap at which point I was like naaahhh. When I pitted it put me back into the leading pack so I was quite content to just get to the end in a car with minimal setup without messing anyone else's race up.

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score
What a two races last night..... just wow. Maybe best so far for me. So much battles. I really like these cars with high aero downforce, you can throw it wherever you like.
First race was blast, 5-6 drivers in a constant battle, so much takeovers.
I had a feeling due to default transmission setting that I would be faster with one click to the right so in 2nd race I changed that and I was slower. There was not enough momentum in 6th gear so when I was outside slipstream car was just slower then in st race, but with default transmission I was occasionaly hitting max 240 kmph.

Second race I spun and felt back in middle grid, and after that large battles with Gxbbs and Stolnikas until the end (I had a bit aero damage).

P.S.
+1 for TS PTT

Last edited:

SlowBloke

Community Member
Reaction score
Did not take part but I did watch bits from the vids - was very surprised to hear the "shuuush".

It was very out of place for RSR imo... and I hope there will be no repetition of that approach.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
May be worth giving guidelines as to what is and what isn't acceptable over Teamspeak during a race.

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member
Reaction score
Race 1 from my POV, won't bother with race 2.

The video replay from Project Cars seems very poor, 1080p my arse. Had a look in OBS and Final Cut, but can't see why that is.

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to get annoyed with peoples negative comments towards how last night test went regarding teamspeak. The whole reason it was put in place was to reduce the amount of talking during a race as it can distract people and ruin their race and I am one of those people. I can understand peoples opinions about the shush and I did not intend it to sound aggressive but I was right in the middle of a battle which I was then being distracted from. If the circumstances had been a tad better I would have been more polite.

The shuush did come across as very agressive and if i didnt have ptt on boy would the person of had an earfull lol.

This is the complete opposite of what we are trying to acheive. Why should you feel the need to start a conversation/argument during the race that will effect other drivers. I find this very selfish and arrogant tbh.

Unless people can resist the urge to have uneccecary talking during the race then more durastic measures will need to be taken. I understand all of your comments about being a friendly community and that is how I want it to stay. So we will take what we have learned from this test and have to find another solution. Lets end the negativity here...

May be worth giving guidelines as to what is and what isn't acceptable over Teamspeak during a race.
I think something along the lines of this. Things such as "sorry" or "im on your left" or "car spun turn 1" etc are acceptable, but if there is an incident then don't discuss it during the race, that is what the stewards panel is for or you can privately discuss the matter after the race. Also I think it is fair to say that you don't need to congratulate people everytime they make a pass or do something good.

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This is the complete opposite of what we are trying to acheive. Why should you feel the need to start a convosation/argument during the race that will effect other drivers. I find this very selfish and arrogant tbh.
please dont take any offence to this gixbbs but all i did was tell someone to watch there track rejoins. its the same as reminding others of track limits why is that allowed but reminder of how to join the track after you spin off not. an to be shushed like im a toddler well my previous comment speaks for its self...(this is only an opinion)

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score
please dont take any offence to this gixbbs but all i did was tell someone to watch there track rejoins. its the same as reminding others of track limits why is that allowed but reminder of how to join the track after you spin off not. an to be shushed like im a toddler well my previous comment speaks for its self...(this is only an opinion)
Again it is the wrong opinion to have... And as for me saying shush I already apolgised and explained that... All I am trying to point out is that if you feel someone has done something wrong bring it up at the end of the race and not during.....

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Again it is the wrong opinion to have... And as for me saying shush I already apolgised and explained that... All I am trying to point out is that if you feel someone has done something wrong bring it up at the end of the race and not during.....
still just an opinion in the end there is no right or wrong opinions.. any how i totally agree it should be discussed after the race no problems with you on that one. a gentle reminder of track rejoin to a person who went off is in my opinion not a bad thing its the same as a sorry thanks track limits etc.. but yeh as i said i agree it should be dealt with after the race.

ramiboo

Community Member
Reaction score
Ok, just wanted to put my 2 pence in with the rest of you on the PTT situation. :D

As previously stated we wanted to try it out, and we did, thanks for going along with it, you don't know the impact of these things until you try them.

I was a little confused what I was doing sometimes and pushing the button was a distraction in itself, but that is only because I wasn't used to doing it, I'd overcome that pretty quickly. I found it hard to activate mid corner as my buttons aren't that convenient to reach (maybe I have small thumbs).

I consider my mic and headset pretty well setup so I'm happy with Voice Activation and that my setup doesn't pickup too much background noise and I know when it would so also have a button on the side of my headset to mute the mic, a button to mute TS Speaker and a Button to Mute TS Mic also. They are the Logitech G35's, not that expensive, have a huge USB cable and have had them for about 20 months now and still going strong. :D

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
All feedback, re. the Push-to-Talk is valuable feedback - negative or positive. As Ramiboo points out, a real test had to be run to get a proper idea of how it works in practice and what we all think about it.

Personally, I'm still not sold on the idea but that's because I will have to unlearn years of knowing that my left button is look back and my right button is headlights. That said, I'm likely to only ever really use TS to announce entry/exit of the pit-lane and possibly to warn of a car in an unusual position on the track so I could quite easily just map it to headlights. The other thing I'll have to remember to do is to remove the in-line volume/mic control as, apparently, that was causing serious problems for everybody last night - I wasn't even at my PC for large parts of the race, so I had no idea my mic was causing so many problems (my apologies for that :oops:).

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thread is locked for now. I am 10 hours at work not looking at the forum and it escalates.

Very disappointed, thread will be open again if everybody calmed down, unnecessary posts were deleted because they are not supposed to be here.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Thread is unlocked again. I hope everybody calmed down and we can focus here on the event, race summaries, videos and more.

Any incidents should go into the stewards room. Feedback to the forced push to talk function in Teamspeak is still appreciated :)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score

Our start in Spa was a charm against that guys :p :D

Gxbbs

Community Member
Reaction score

2scoops

RSR Family
Community Member