• In association with OTL, we present an all new endurance series in Assetto Corsa!
    For more information about the upcoming league follow this link!

A little update from me, for those curious what's been happening (1 Viewer)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
Today is a good day \o/

Just got the planning permission approved from the council, so we can finally get to work on building the annexe for the parents. To say that this is a massive weight off our shoulders is an understatement :smug:

In the meantime, my old house has gone up for sale, so I'm now waiting for the right person to come along and "make me an offer I can't refuse".

Other than that, life is ticking along nicely. I'm almost settled in at the new home and finding my way around the area. Once my house is sold and the parents are in the annexe, life can really start to return to something approaching "normal".

That's it for now :)

Ricardo Macieira

Staff Assetto Corsa
Staff
Reaction score
Steam
View
Today is a good day \o/

Just got the planning permission approved from the council, so we can finally get to work on building the annexe for the parents. To say that this is a massive weight off our shoulders is an understatement :smug:

In the meantime, my old house has gone up for sale, so I'm now waiting for the right person to come along and "make me an offer I can't refuse".

Other than that, life is ticking along nicely. I'm almost settled in at the new home and finding my way around the area. Once my house is sold and the parents are in the annexe, life can really start to return to something approaching "normal".

That's it for now :)
Great news mate
Glad to hear that everything is moving forward

Shepard

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
"make me an offer I can't refuse".
I sincerely hope this does not include something with the head of a dead horse...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
Can it really be 6 months since I sold my business and retired? It most certainly can.

The annexe work started at the beginning of August. Out went the garage, the vegetable patches, the greenhouses and the sheds. Out went tonnes of soil. Out went a large chunk of my father's beloved garden. In went a load of concrete. Up went some bricks. Then, just 2 weeks ago, the frame of the annexe started to go up. By the end of tomorrow, the roof will be ready to tile and once the windows and doors arrive, it will be airtight and the interior work can begin. We're behind schedule (when do buildings ever go to plan?) but we should be done by the beginning of November. I might finally be able to then get my own PC set up again!

My house still hasn't sold. As seems to be the way with our family, I am trying to sell it at exactly the wrong moment. 3 years ago, it would have sold in a heartbeat, and for considerably more than it's struggling to even get interest for right now. The only bright side is that I don't exactly have any urgency to sell but I still want it gone.

As for everything else, well, life has not been easy. A friend of my parents asked me, just last week:

"If you knew, back in March, how hard this was going to be, how much it was going to take out of you, would you still have agreed to do it?"

Cluck said:
Yes and without any hesitation
Apparently, I looked like absolute shit last week, hence the question being asked. It had been a particularly rough few days, with regards my mother's mood and attitude, but I had no idea it was written all over my face and body. Funny how you can look in the mirror and see a totally different person to the one others around you see.

It might sound all negative, doomy and gloomy, but there are lots of good days here and lots of good, positive times. It won't be much longer before things will improve further still. Until then, this is Cluck, last surviving member of The Coop, signing out.

Cornworld

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Steam
View
@Cluck Big thumbs up for sharing this "adventure". Enduring this one is I think one of the most difficult things to master. Knowing there's not mutch you can change about her health besides being there, give support and comfort. Hang in there and also don't forget to take good care of yourself mate

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
A very small update and one that is positive for once :D

On Friday I accepted an offer on my house. The background checks have now been completed so I'm in the hands of the solicitors. Provided the house survey doesn't throw anything nasty up (I can't imagine what it could, it's not that old a house) then we should be done and dusted in about 30 days.

With that out of the way, as soon as our annexe build here is completed I can start to properly "settle down" to this new life.

There is other positive news but it's not really for sharing here in public. Suffice to say, it's a big step forward for my mother which, in turn, will have a positive effect on everyone around her :)

Stay tuned.

hinesy32

Reaction score

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
Your a free range chicken now dude lol...

Nice one for selling must of been a god send signing over.. All the best in your future endevers man...

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
Cheers Jonno :) . Yeah, the last 4 and a bit months have been very stressful, with this acting a little like an albatross around my neck. Time to move on and finally settle down here :)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
Steward
Reaction score
Steam
View
As I wave goodbye to 2019, a year of HUGE change, I look ahead to 2020 and both the challenges and joy that await.

A couple of days after Christmas, we received an e-mail from Jaguar to say that production on our 2020 F-Type would be commencing early in January, with delivery scheduled for early March. The builders had finished the base coat of paint for the walls of the annexe and had finished the ceilings in each room. The moisture from the floor and plaster was slowly getting extracted out and the top coats of paint started to go on the walls. We finish 2019 with an annexe that has a kitchen and a bathroom, heating and lighting throughout. It's taken a long time to get this far but the end is finally in sight. My gaming PC is alive again, albeit with a primary purpose of copying some old comedy show DVDs I purchased so that my mother can watch them easily.

I won't dwell too much on the past year, a lot of it is documented in this very thread. Suffice to say, it is not a year I think I will ever want to look back on with too much of a smile. So, to 2020....

A new car will arrive in March
The annexe will be complete by the end of January
I can finally "settle in" at last
I get some much needed time off at a little-known race track in Germany ;)
My father and myself can start to plan the road ahead, without the added distractions of the last 7 months

So, fuck you 2019 and hello 2020, I greet you with a warm embrace. Take care all and I'll see some of you see you in May, if not beforehand!

Your loyal chicken moderator, Cluck

Jonno

RSR Family
Reaction score
that's great news that its all going to be complete by end of Jan..i'm really happy for you cluck mate..
all the best for 2020 to you and your family....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)