A little update from me, for those curious what's been happening (2 Viewers)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
This will (hopefully!) be the last update for a little while.

Through sheer hard work and some help from friends in the village at the weekend, we got the annex finished and ready to move in to at 10am Monday morning. We then left the house and went to the hospital to collect mother, with the hospital now desparate to discharge her as there was "no medical reason" to keep her in (Alzheimer's in incurable, so it doesn't count :rolleyes: ). We lead mother up the garden path (literally, not figuratively!) and opened the doors into the main living room area of the annex. The tears of joy were enough to almost enough to bring a tear to my eye too.

"Oh it's lovely, it's just like home. All my things are there, the furniture, everything. Oh it's fantastic"

She wouldn't understand just how much work went into getting that reaction but it was worth it. Every minute, every sore muscle, every swear word, every temper lost, all of it was worth it for those precious few moments.

She's settled in quite quickly but it's going to take a while to fully settle, they were in the house for just over 10 years after all and her condition doesn't make dramatic changes like this very easy. We'll do what we've been doing for months now, taking one day at a time and crossing every hurdle as we encounter it.

If any of this helps any of you in the future then it was a bonus on the original reason I wrote these little updates. I needed to share what was happening and although there's a large number of people here that have never raced with me, RSR is my second home, my fellow staff are my surrogate family. I won't name names, but one of the staff offered to travel some distance to try and help me and my father finish the annex on time for mother's return. That offer meant a huge amount. It's why this place is so damn special to a lot of us, it's that bond that goes far deeper than just a bunch of silly avatars or nicknames.

To everybody here, thank you for reading it and thanks for your supporting words, it has been - and will continue to be - very much appreciated :pompous:

(I'm not going anywhere, I'm still lurking in the background, trying to help when I can, if I can)

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Cluck's Log, stardate 8032020, about to enter hyperspace...

hellyeah.jpg

Giving the dealer a call in the morning and arranging to hopefully pick the car up on the 16th. I may be more than just a little bit excited :D

(the details are of course fake in the image above, not that I don't trust you lot but, well, I don't trust you lot!)

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Cluck's Log, stardate 8032020, about to enter hyperspace...

View attachment 8642

Giving the dealer a call in the morning and arranging to hopefully pick the car up on the 16th. I may be more than just a little bit excited :D

(the details are of course fake in the image above, not that I don't trust you lot but, well, I don't trust you lot!)
1583695439649.png

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice car Cluck, enjoy!

Dama_The_Crow

Community Member
Reaction score

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I am jealous.
I would be too :)

(this next part is not in reply to Dama, it's just something I need to get off my chest in here)

As I said in a Whatsapp group chat earlier, if I could trade in this car and everything else I have had the enormous privilege to be able to afford to buy in the last few months, to get just an ounce of my old mother back, I'd do it. In a heartbeat. The Jag is going to give me a ray of sunshine on those very dark days ahead. It is nothing short of an exceptional privilege to be able to do this :sorry:

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
Enjoy it fella :chicken:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Nice to see a car like that owned by someone that can actually drive. I hope you drive it like you do in TimeTrails, not how you do in races mate ;)

wabi

Community Member
Reaction score
C'mon man, you can do better screen ... ;)

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We need SOUND... SOOOOOOUND @Cluck :eek:

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Show them the video @Cluck ;)
Once I've got something worth actually posting in public, I will :)

EDIT: After all, if you add up all those 100 seconds of life people won't get back from watching that vid, the economy would probably collapse :D

Reactions: Tom

Jamesl91

Staff rFactor 2
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Once I've got something worth actually posting in public, I will :)

EDIT: After all, if you add up all those 100 seconds of life people won't get back from watching that vid, the economy would probably collapse :D
listening to that engine is 100 seconds of life well spent!!

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
OK. Before you click Play on this video, remember, it's @Jamesl91 's fault if you want your 100 seconds of life back. @Jamesl91 is to blame. Not me, but @Jamesl91 . With that out of the way (did I mention it's @Jamesl91 's fault that I'm posting this?!!!)...

It's deeply unexciting. The exhaust switches from "sociable" to "roarty", there are a few low-rev blips (3K max IIRC) and then I give everybody a little wave with the rear spoiler.

Born2BSlow

Community Member
Reaction score
The economy is fucked anyway Cluck, give us something to smile about. It’s your civic duty in these uncertain times

Michael

#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
I am slightly disappointed... it's only 99 seconds ;)

Users who are viewing this thread