Project CARS 2 A true classic (1 Viewer)

A true classic
Posted by Raigore
Project CARS 2
Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 21:30
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Name: Eugene Gajkin
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We are postponing this event now until March. Although we appreciate the date itself might have been a factor, there still hasn't been enough of a sign that members wish to take part in this race right now.

@Raigore @SBart_uk @Rargon @Owfier @Eugene Gajkin

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
We are postponing this event now until March. Although we appreciate the date itself might have been a factor, there still hasn't been enough of a sign that members wish to take part in this race right now.

@Raigore @SBart_uk @Rargon @Owfier @Eugene Gajkin
That is okay, somebody wants to make a fun night or a random game night of it then? If you are online.

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
So bad

Cluck

Super Moderator
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We never like having to postpone events but with 5 signups and 1 day left, we have had to take the decision because it's unfair to the members that have signed up to cancel the event on the night. Hopefully we'll get a better turnout when we re-run the event at a later date :)

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Bringing this thread back to life... is it possible to hit all the members again? =D

FuBii

RSR Academy
Reaction score

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Assuming we don't wait 14th feb. 2020 and that it won't be a Thuesday :p

Name: PatatorJohn
Do you understand and accept our Driving Standards? Yes
Do you intend to attend and complete the race? Yes

Eugene Gajkin

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Will the postponed event take place?

:cool:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Well what did you expect, Spa historic is just bad, simply pic a popular (modern) track an ppl will join.

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Well what did you expect, Spa historic is just bad, simply pic a popular (modern) track an ppl will join.
You broke my heart jus now :mad:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I value bitter thruth over sweet lies. I drove a few laps in histroic spa and knew it's pointless. There are nowerdays many historic races as preevents on modern GP tracks, why can't we do that? There are a lot of great old cars in pc2 but we always must pair it with some outdated tracks? Old tracks are not technical, rather boring, with usually just 4-6 corners, mostly very slow oder very fast corners. :(

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Sorry but I value bitter thruth over sweet lies. I drove a few laps in histroic spa and knew it's pointless. There are nowerdays many historic races as preevents on modern GP tracks, why can't we do that? There are a lot of great old cars in pc2 but we always must pair it with some outdated tracks? Old tracks are not technical, rather boring, with usually just 4-6 corners, mostly very slow oder very fast corners. :(
It's not only about the track technical, it's also about reviving what were the conditions at the time, which were totally crazy compared to current standards.

I had a lot of races on Hockenheim or Monza historical and really enjoyed it. A 'simpler' track implies that the pilots have to polish every corner, every braking zone and every acceleration like a jewel and this is not boring at all to my taste. :p

Owfier

RSR Academy
Reaction score
I also had an other Idea. To drive the classic Indy cars on an oval and tbh we don't really do ovals here as I can remember.

PatatorJohn

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I've run some laps. I'm not sure I've picked the right car, and there is a lot of time to gather everywhere. But 'Eau-Rouge' is crazy, there is plenty of high speed dangerous corners, precision, balance and consistency is mandatory. It was far from boring. ;)

Angel

Community Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, I've run some laps. I'm not sure I've picked the right car, and there is a lot of time to gather everywhere. But 'Eau-Rouge' is crazy, there is plenty of high speed dangerous corners, precision, balance and consistency is mandatory. It was far from boring. ;)

Out of curiosity, how realistic was for those cars to take the chicane in minute 2.10 in your video at 250 kph?

Users who are viewing this thread