Assetto Corsa Competizione ACC | Blancpain Challenge - R2: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (1 Viewer)

ACC | Blancpain Challenge - R2: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Posted by m4nu
Season 2
Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Assetto Corsa

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
R2 - Barcelona.png

Date: Tuesday, 26th November 2019
19:00 UTC - Optional Practice
19:30 UTC - Driver Briefing (Mandatory)
19:40 UTC - Qualifying
19:50 UTC - Race

GeneralRace 1Race 2
In-game Date:N/AN/A
Time Progression:2xN/A
Weather Progression:DynamicN/A

Qualifying
Duration:10 minsN/A
Start Time:18:00N/A
Weather Forecast:DynamicN/A

Race
Duration:90 MinutesN/A
Start Time:06:00N/A

Starting Procedure: Rolling Start. The pole driver will lead the field through the formation lap. The speed limit for the lead car will be 50mph / 80kph. We are going to form up in a 2×2 formation at the beginning of sector 3, maintaining our speed. Odd numbers on the left side and even numbers on the right side.

Server Info
Name: revolutionsimracing.com
Password: rsr2019

Please Notice
Before you take to the track in the league race, make sure you are fully aware of the Driving Standards of RevolutionSimRacing. As a driver in our league, you are required to do your very best to ensure clean and fair racing at all times.

If you are unable to attend the race, please inform the admins and leave a post in this thread before the race takes place in order to give reserve driver a chance to drive.

Last edited by a moderator:

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Race
Duration:90 MinutesN/A
Start Time:06:00N/A

How does Dynamic weather work? Is there still a base setting, ie dry or wet? Realistically, whats the chance of it raining?

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
We don't know for certain, but our estimate is around a 13% chance of light/medium rain, with 0% chance of thunderstorms. There's also a small chance it will be mixed conditions, we won't know for sure (by design). We have more info on the weather config from the devs now, so we feel fairly confident we can elimate super heavy rain and thunderstorms (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

Sonic

Community Member
Reaction score
Guys, i'm forced to miss this race

Nada

Community Member
Reaction score
Alone with childs so no 90 min race for me. :mad:

miagi

Community Member
Reaction score
I am away tomorrow and will not be able to race Barcelona unfortunately. hf guys.

Havocc

RSR Academy
Reaction score
Not sure if clamp will be delivered today, so can't guarantee i can race tonight, it's a 50/50 for now:confused:

ramdrop

Team iRacing
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
You'll have to take me off the list guys. Still trying to fix acc

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
Tonight race was total disaster, it's start from qf, freezing, loosing of picture ( I play in VR) i don't know why, but by my observations, I have it only on this server. Then the race started, same compination as i discrabed above, but in addition - sunrise. OMG!!! As soon as it's started the last 4 corners was undriveble at all, by other words - invisible, I was mooving only by feeling, loosing every time all appex there. All what I gain in two first sector i was loosing in sector 3 and +1 sec or more. Guys, maybe it looks cool on screen, but on VR it's disaster, so guys, please don't do any sunrise/sunset in a future. So mad:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Yes, the last chicane was very tricky with the sunset....

My race was going well until I realised I probably should only taken on fuel and not tyres. And then, a drive through for track limits. Are there warnings in the game? I’m not seeing any.

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Guys, maybe it looks cool on screen, but on VR it's disaster, so guys, please don't do any sunrise/sunset in a future.
What are your computer specs? And did any other VR person had the same issue?

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Are there warnings in the game? I’m not seeing any.
Yes they are, you get a voice message and text at the bottom
"RCTRL-warning for track limits" or something similar

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
i5 8600K, RAM 16 GB, 1080ti
But problems is not because of specs, I don't now what is the problems

Mark

Community Member
Reaction score
I can kind of feel your pain Eddie. Also in vr here but with a much lesser graphics card (1070) than you, I was having conversation with Battenberg pre race about how awe full it looked in practice and he was of the same opinion I think, but for me it was still Just about playable.
I personally really liked the transition effect and would like to see it used more often.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was also getting heavy stuttering in the opens laps of every session. It seemed to be mostly in sector 1. I’m not having issues offline, so I’m assuming it’s server based.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score
2nd Race of the season and my thoughts are the same - Wow just Wow, 90 minute race and I finished on the lead lap. I can't normally do that on a 30 minute one :) , Finished 9th after a very late pit stop as I misjudged my fuel then found out after the race that some had no choice and had to pit so I didn't feel as bad. I wondered why I was running in P6 at one point ;).

Great battle with @Battenberg, didn't realise it was you until after the race. Neither of us could get away and we spent most of the race less than 2 seconds apart, some great wheel to wheel racing as well.

That is the longest I have ever spent on the track without crashing or spinning. To get a top 10 finish not connecting with anyone is an amazing feeling :D.

I see some of you had issues with the sun - I had it too with not fully being able to see some corners clearly but as I am only on a single screen I don't think is was as bad for me. The change in light really showed me how much the visuals are important in breaking and hitting the apex and also looking at the right part of the track at the right time.

Thank you for the close and respectful racing and see you at the next one. :)

Tom

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I didn't realise my Bentley could go the full distance on a full tank, so I'll find out an average time lost from pitting, and will add it to my race time. I don't think it's fair to be able to skip a whole pitstop when others can't, so we'll make a pitstop mandatory in the next endurance round.

Racing wise, I had a great time fighting with @cheekymunkey78 for most of the race, and had a great 4 way scrap with @EDDY PRIME and @hinesy32 early on. I was a bit scruffy in the first half, but found some good consistent pace as the fuel came down. I'm very much enjoying longer stints in this game.

@EDDY PRIME It was fine for me, yes there was some glare but you just adjust to it. Performance wise, my system (8400, 1080) was fine, even during the start and sunrise period. As far as I could tell it was steadily locked on 45fps with asw on. Here are my settings (with 1.2 SS in oculus tray tool):

1574806778711.png

1574806805332.png

1574806824833.png

Jomba

Community Member
Reaction score

There were few minor stutters and visibility issues, but overall it was playable and I enjoyed it.
Would definitely race at night more!

Overall my race was decent at p11, especially since all the practice i've done was in qualy. :D

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score
Gents, for sure the problem not in specs, because I participate in another champ with no issues, by the way it will be today on a same circuit, I will check and will right the feedback. The most disapointing thing was standing stutters, on a fast direction change in 3 last corners it was so annoyed. I was not able to detect oversteering in time, cause of input and visual out of sync. :banghead: Afraid to get spin in each corner

I think my partisipating is under the question.:(

Users who are viewing this thread