Assetto Corsa Competizione ACC | Blancpain Challenge - R2: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (1 Viewer)

ACC | Blancpain Challenge - R2: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya
Posted by m4nu
Season 2
Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 19:30
Until: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 22:59
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I enjoyed yesterday. I'm not used to such long races, and after about an hour I realized I had been sucking my mouth the whole time. Definitely a first for me. It proved to be quite the challenge, but I was very happy with the performance and the result.

Qualifying was insane. 1 & 2 exact same times, 3 to 7 separated by 0.186.

In the race I felt I had good pace, @Zedian and I kept on doing about the same lap times. I decided to pit from 3rd on about an hour, wanting to be safe I replaced all tyres, and it seems that cost me a lot. Came out back in 9th, had to do a couple of overtakes, ended up in 5th, right on @Battenberg.

Obviously extremely happy with 5th, I know that's not where I'm supposed to end up. Somehow the car just clicked for me this race, where I struggled at brands hatch. Maybe if I was more comfortable with the game I would not have changed tyres, but who cares, really happy with yesterday.

I'm enjoying this season, I wish we had an extended season. I'm definitely enjoying this more than PCARS at this stage.

Regarding the stutters, I'm playing on a 1080p screen, 60Hz, with a Ryzen 1700 and GTX 1080. I've set most settings to medium. I don't think I should be getting stutters, but on the server I also get them, especially closer to the end of sector 1. I don't really know what to try next.
Post automatically merged:

Gents, for sure the problem not in specs, because I participate in another champ with no issues, by the way it will be today on a same circuit, I will check and will right the feedback. The most disapointing thing was standing stutters, on a fast direction change in 3 last corners it was so annoyed. I was not able to detect oversteering in time, cause of input and visual out of sync. :banghead: Afraid to get spin in each corner

I think my partisipating is under the question.:(
What are your pings to this and the other server?

EDDY PRIME

Community Member
Reaction score

That is what i found on a replay just now. Looks strange

What are your pings to this and the other server?
Not sure about this one forgot to chek it yesterday, other one is 48

m4nu

Head of RSR
Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
Gents, for sure the problem not in specs
Maybe not in the specs but in your settings. The server is hosted on the official ACC rack services as always every server in ACC.

kobusnell

#TeamRSR
Reaction score

I think mine was about 200ms, but I'd imagine @hinesy32 should have a better ping than both of us.

cheekyspam

Community Member
Reaction score

I'm just guessing but that looks like a Packet Loss issue. In most replay systems a spike in ping usually get "smoothed" out but I don't have enough knowledge of the ACC system to be sure.

Does anyone know if the network statistics in ACC reports packet loss, data transfer rates etc, both client side or server side.

Did anyone who wasn't using VR experience stuttering? I don't and didn't have any issues. But I do have a FTTP (fibre to the property) connection and is very stable with very good error correction.

hinesy32

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
I was experiencing the stuttering and I'm not on VR. I've had similar issues with PCars2, stuttering early on in sessions and then it is stable. My ping is always decent when it is stable. I remember in AC that my ping would rocket into the red when we skipped to the next session and would take 20-30 seconds to get back to normal.

Echo

Community Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed the gap battling with @Morvic the entire race, never going above about 3 seconds I think, our pace was very similar and the gap kept going up and down until the stops, after the pits I took 20 litres and no tires which just got me to the finish, I came out 4 seconds ahead of Morvic and then just pushed to the flag, was enjoyable race for sure but not super exciting, no battles on track for me.

Performance was also an issue in VR for me, I never experienced the stutters but apparently that was caused by the new Oculus update in the beta, which I've now opted out of now so hope I get back to my normal performance from next race.

David Siska

#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The second round of the championship wasn't my strongest performance.

I couldn't practice enough before the race, and my preparation was poor.
I was very inconsistent lap wise and my pitstop was awful. It's really uncomfortable to manage the car options (TC, ABS) and the pitstop screen with my G25 :dead:.
I changed tires in the pits but forgot to change the tire set. But how can it be possible to put back the same tire set during the pit stop??? How?? o_O

Also with single monitor this track is a pain in the ass. And Misano will be the same. :(

Nevertheless it was an amazing race @Cornworld and @Puffpirat ! I was under pressure from start to finish (or until pit stop) :D
It was hard to see that the Porsche can handle slow corners way better.

See you in next race!

Ricardo

Staff Assetto Corsa
#TeamRSR
Community Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
No i dont have any explanation for what happened last night, i dont think it could be server issues but at same time its weird a lot of people having stuttering
myself included, single 1080p monitor (i7 7700k, 32gb ram rtx 2070 super)
I'll do some testing at Misano and we go from there

Last edited:

Zedian

Community Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed this race.

As an oculus user myself I don't recall having any stutters/freezes.
An issue i recently had with oculus was that i was in the oculus Public test channel and when I got the latest update and my performance was sooo shit after that so I did some troubleshooting and unchecked the oculus PTC in the BETA tab got a new update and since then my performance is back to normal with 90FPS in VR.
i7-5820k, 32GB ram and a 1080TI

If anyone with oculus needs tips your best bet is contacting me on discord : Jordanoontje/zedian#4188
no promises on succes though.

Exited

Staff
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
The second round of the championship wasn't my strongest performance.

I couldn't practice enough before the race, and my preparation was poor.
I was very inconsistent lap wise and my pitstop was awful. It's really uncomfortable to manage the car options (TC, ABS) and the pitstop screen with my G25 :dead:.
I changed tires in the pits but forgot to change the tire set. But how can it be possible to put back the same tire set during the pit stop??? How?? o_O

Also with single monitor this track is a pain in the ass. And Misano will be the same. :(

Nevertheless it was an amazing race @Cornworld and @Puffpirat ! I was under pressure from start to finish (or until pit stop) :D
It was hard to see that the Porsche can handle slow corners way better.

See you in next race!
You can select which tire set should be put on at the pitstop. Probably you picked the tire set on which you started :)

Really looking forward to the silverstone race with you guys if there is a spare spot ;-)

Jonno

RSR Family
#TeamRSR
Reaction score
ooppps wrong thread lol

Users who are viewing this thread